Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tiger Woods 2.0: Brett Favre

Reportedly Favre is being accussed of unwarranted advances to a woman working for the jets. He could end up suspended. Do you think this will turn into another tiger????

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colum...messages_N.htm

http://news.lalate.com/2010/10/10/br...rs-previously/
    Last edited by DickButtonFan; 10-11-2010 at 04:33 AM.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    No?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Nope. For one thing Brett isn't married.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Nope. For one thing Brett isn't married.
    Brett Favre is married to Deanna Favre.She's a breast cancer survivor, isn't she? He might turn out to be another Tiger in terms of volume of women, but I don't think he'll be covered by the media the same way.

vCash
    And they have children.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    He has been married 14 years, and yes, they have children.

I don't think it will be such a huge scandal but I think it will be a big deal for him and his family and I doubt the marriage will be intact when all is said and done.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Deanna is a very nice person. I know her from charity event planning over the years.When Brett played for Green Bay, she(actually they) were very involved in charity events. They have been together since college, but only married 14 years. The oldest daughter is 18/19(?) and she has produced the grandchild. It's sad, but not a shock.

Brett's problem is that it happened at the workplace. There have been two Jet massage therapists who have now come forward, the sideline chick was a contract employee but still a Jet employee. What he did is sexual harassment in the workplace and could get him a suspension.
    Last edited by mrr50; 10-11-2010 at 02:56 PM.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Brett's had a rep for running around on Deanna before they were married.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash

vCash
    ^ not to mention, a better thread

NC-17

vCash
    If Woods was accused of sexually harassing women who work in the golf industry ( or advertising, or sports media, etc. ), made them feel uncomfortable while trying to do their work, then I could see a parallel to the Favre accusations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    If Woods was accused of sexually harassing women who work in the golf industry ( or advertising, or sports media, etc. ), made them feel uncomfortable while trying to do their work, then I could see a parallel to the Favre accusations.
    So are you saying you see NO parallels or just that it isn't EXACTLY the same thing? I don't see how you can deny the situations are at least somewhat similar. You have another man who is one of the biggest and best known players in his sport, who is married for a long time with children, and here he is attempting to have an affair with another woman and it seems others may be coming out of the woodworks. The similarities are striking. Is it a carbon copy, no? But how could it be, his name isn't Tiger Woods.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    Good point. For all his faults, Tiger didn't do his tomcatting in the workplace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Good point. For all his faults, Tiger didn't do his tomcatting in the workplace.
    Does it not count if Tiger did most of his tomcatting while on travels during golf tournaments? I doubt he was bringing many (if any) women to his home while his wife was out shopping. I am sure he took advantage of his "job."
    -Brian

vCash
    The point is, Tiger has never been accused of making women uncomfortable where they worked.

I'm appalled that this is hitting the news cycle ... right before Brett, now with another team, plays the Jets.

This story did surface right before the start of the season, then died down.

If harassment did occur, that's a serious matter. If these women are allowing their claims of harassment to be used as gamesmenship, that is incredibly appalling.

And it's not like the rest of the Jets are models of virtue on this subject.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    He has been married 14 years, and yes, they have children.

I don't think it will be such a huge scandal but I think it will be a big deal for him and his family and I doubt the marriage will be intact when all is said and done.
    I live in Wisconsin. Deanna and Brett have been together since high school, 1983/84. So they have over 25 years together. Their first child was born before they were married.

As a Wisconsinite, I don't think Deanna will ever divorce him over this. She's been with him through alcoholism, drug addiction and other affairs. So why now? Many women stay in unhappy marriages for many reasons, i.e. money or security. Maybe she's not unhappy.

Favre is the NFL's golden boy and in Wisconsin he's gotten away with many times that were "not published" but publicly acknowledged by many because he is FAVRE. I'm not condoning what he did, but Deanna and many of us have known these things about Favre for over a decade.
    Last edited by topaz; 10-12-2010 at 02:43 AM.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Interesting, Topaz. I have never heard about alcoholism and drug addiction but I admittedly know nothing about him except that he wont retire for longer than a few weeks.
    -Brian

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    Wait- I thought he was gay?

vCash
    He was addicted to pain killers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Interesting, Topaz. I have never heard about alcoholism and drug addiction but I admittedly know nothing about him except that he wont retire for longer than a few weeks.
    Favre's addiction to pain meds, mainly vicodin started in the early 90s. Favre use to be a major party animal. His nickname use to be barfly.

There was almost a scandal with the Packer organization. The team doctor is suppose to document medical dosage and give them to the league. Favre became addicted to vicodin in 92/93. He got it from someone, either team doctor's fudged records or he got it off the street or through his personal doctor.

Favre had to check into a rehab in 1996 after he suffered a seizure during a hospital stay after ankle surgery February 27, 1996.

I found this quote from Jerry Glanville, Favre's coach with the Atlanta Falcon's his rookie year.
    "I had to get him out of Atlanta ... I could not sober him up," Glanville said. "I sent him to a city where at 9:00 at night the only thing that's open is Chili Joes. You can get it two ways, with or without onions. And that's what made Brett Favre make a comeback was going to a town that closed down. If I would have traded him to New York, nobody to this day would have known who Brett Favre ever was."
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast