Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

ESPN "The Body Issue" and Skating

Yes, figure skating has hit the big nude time once again - all of Evan is in it (I've been told by someone who has an advance copy that it's tasteful in that no private bits are showing). It will hit the news stands on Oct. 17. Now let the rock-throwing between the 'every body is work of art" and the, 'OMG, how could he pose naked???' folks begin.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    A link to it was posted in the Evan thread. http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=330

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    Yes, figure skating has hit the big nude time once again - all of Evan is in it (I've been told by someone who has an advance copy that it's tasteful in that no private bits are showing). It will hit the news stands on Oct. 17. Now let the rock-throwing between the 'every body is work of art" and the, 'OMG, how could he pose naked???' folks begin.
    Bleh. Yes he's fit but there isn't a single thing about him that's sexy. And, given it's ESPN, the most I would expect is the side of a butt cheek. Big whoop. We could all list about 20 other guys they could throw in there that would create much more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    A link to it was posted in the Evan thread. http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=330
    Ooooo, love the diversity. Tim Howard and Villegas...yikes!!

Evan's pose is a good one although the right arm makes him look like a big screaming 'mo. Ah well.
    Didn't realize also that his glute starts half way up his back...

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I'm completely baffled that among all the beautiful, sexy male and female athletes around the world that these were the ones selected. I don't see anything outstanding about any of their bodies and I don't find any of them sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    We could all list about 20 other guys they could throw in there that would create much more
    Exactly!

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Evan posed like a bull fighter, there's a shock.

. . . I'd rather see a bull fighter . . .

vCash
    it is still nude-an untasteful
    you guys went nuts over michelles ifs magazine which showed her bellybutton.
    this is much worse.

hate to break it you you-but all of espn nude shots are "tasteful"don't show the bits as you call it.
    but it is still degrading to both sexes-why show it,
    yes they are athletes, hard bodies, but they are also smart intelligent people .who have brains, emotions, muscle as well
    why show it. in the first place.
    yes i heard if you have it flaunt it, it is their bodies, there is nothing wrong with it.
    right, but what does it IMPLY, people are looking at what they can see, but imaging what the they Can't see. what is he telling future olympic gold medalist, you win show yourself nude . you have too if you want money,
    i know he likes himself well enough to show it , but not all can handle it .should he even bother. it also shows how skinny he is, yes he kinda has muscle but i don't see Him his personality, i just see his body that he is willing to sell for sex. so what is the difference between him selling his body for sex and a prositute both sell for sex, difference is Evan doing because he believes in himself enough to handle it , the prostitute probably can't and doing to make a living.
    also some people don't mind athlete showing their bodies some people do.
    should a child see this , up to parent, is it when olympic athletes bare their bodies is it up to a parent. yes to buy but what about being put on fan forums where parents don't regulate it 24 hours a day.
    you complained about michelle and katherina witt, and this is worse. sorry he shouldn't have done it, but than he exposed most of himself with ralph lauren so this didn't go much further.
    like i stated people are going to be conscentrating on what they can't see, rather than what they can.

vCash
    I'd rather see a bull fighter . . .
    You're too funny!! Love it.

you guys
    Query5 - who are "we"? You keep accusing some "you" - who's "you"?

vCash
    also --so much for a good role model. it is out the window.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm completely baffled that among all the beautiful, sexy male and female athletes around the world that these were the ones selected. I don't see anything outstanding about any of their bodies and I don't find any of them sexy.
    I didn't see the pictures as being aimed at being sexy. I believe the point is to showcase athletic bodies (all types).

vCash
    It is interesting to me to see athlete's bodies- in all the variety. Nothing wrong with nudity, and it does not feel voyeuristic. I personally enjoyed looking through the pictures. Evan looks good.

vCash
    I'm betting that between this shot and DWTS, there is now a world-wide shortage of Spray Tan.

And I'll agree that ESPN isn't aiming for sexy - just displaying the musculature (and lack thereof in a couple) of people in some sports that aren't generally thought as being muscle-y.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    it is still nude-an untasteful
    you guys went nuts over michelles ifs magazine which showed her bellybutton.
    this is much worse.

hate to break it you you-but all of espn nude shots are "tasteful"don't show the bits as you call it.
    but it is still degrading to both sexes-why show it,
    yes they are athletes, hard bodies, but they are also smart intelligent people .who have brains, emotions, muscle as well
    why show it.
    For athletes, their bodies are crucial to their performance; so their musculature is the canvas that they are working to optimize and perfect. Heck, in the original olympics, athletes competed in the nude.

vCash
    I actually really like when they do this. All the pictures are beautiful, IMO. If I had one complaint, it would be that so many of the folks are tatted up. I'm not a fan of that trend, but whatever.

vCash
    When an athlete poses nude in a valid sport magazine, it is usually not done to titillate.

vCash
    Evan's photo looks like something out of the 1936 Berlin Olympics documentary Triumph of the Will. Very "monumental." Certainly not sexy.

I'm sure that Johnny Weir will have a word or two to Tweet on this.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Evan looks like Jack Skellington in that pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I'm sure that Johnny Weir will have a word or two to Tweet on this.
    Why should he? At least Evan was featured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    I actually really like when they do this. All the pictures are beautiful, IMO. If I had one complaint, it would be that so many of the folks are tatted up. I'm not a fan of that trend, but whatever.
    I have no complaints whatsoever.

But I am cracking up over the spray tan comment. I suspect that several of those athletes got hair/spray tan 'dos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Evan looks like Jack Skellington in that pose.

Why should he? At least Evan was featured.
    Ah, but don't forget Johnny's foot preceded Evan by one full year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    Ah, but don't forget Johnny's foot preceded Evan by one full year
    Actually Johnny's foot AND his bare chest were in it last year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast