Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    This is only tangentially related, but have you guys seen Tara's Malaguena pairs routine with Kurt Browning? Update: found her other pairs routine with Kurt Browning, this one to a French song La Valse Dada Je Suis.
    WOW thanks for the links! not many skaters that can go toe to toe with kurt! i am glad that she is bakc on the ice- i enjoy her skating- cant wait to see how she does and waht she does!

vCash

vCash
    just read that actually. that guy sounded like a big fat liar lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    This is only tangentially related, but have you guys seen Tara's Malaguena pairs routine with Kurt Browning? Update: found her other pairs routine with Kurt Browning, this one to a French song La Valse Dada Je Suis.
    Those are the only programs she has done which I liked.
    Choreographed by Christopher Dean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Those are the only programs she has done which I liked.
    Choreographed by Christopher Dean.
    Is it really true that Kurt is the only one who liked Tara in SOI?

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Is it really true that Kurt is the only one who liked Tara in SOI?
    Is "liking" the same as "getting along"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    Is "liking" the same as "getting along"?
    More or less, I suppose, in this context.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    That is an awful picture. Why does the media have to print the worst pictures they can get their hands on, like spinning pictures?

vCash
    Well, good for her that she has great memories of her competitive skating years. And of course she is not going to give her main rival any air time during her interview. It's all about her. I don't think the new scoring system would favor her, but we'll never know. She makes a good commentator - nice energy, upbeat and she says what she thinks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    Well, good for her that she has great memories of her competitive skating years. And of course she is not going to give her main rival any air time during her interview. It's all about her.
    I don't understand what you mean - she gave credit to MK in her interview:
    TCC: Do you consider Michelle Kwan your all-time rival?

TL: Yes, yes I do. I think it was a great rivalry. To look back on the sport and what we had at the time. It was exciting, it was fun. It pushed both of us to work harder and to accomplish bigger and better things. To be honest, I’m glad that I had such a strong competitor. When I won [those] games, I was up against someone who was so great and that was fun and satisfying. She was definitely my biggest competitor.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    Well, good for her that she has great memories of her competitive skating years. And of course she is not going to give her main rival any air time during her interview. It's all about her. I don't think the new scoring system would favor her, but we'll never know. She makes a good commentator - nice energy, upbeat and she says what she thinks.
    Did you actually read the interview

vCash
    Even if Tara wouldnt have mentioned mk not sure what the big deal would be. Mk doesn't always mention her rivals why do you have to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    Even if Tara wouldnt have mentioned mk not sure what the big deal would be. Mk doesn't always mention her rivals why do you have to.
    I'm not saying it would have been a big deal; I was just puzzled about the factual inaccuracy of the above poster.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    ^ no biggie my response wasn't to anyone in particular

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Obviously, I am not a fan of Tara. However, I do not think Tara needs to tell everybody about the greatness of Michelle Kwan, then say Michelle Kwan deserves an OGM, which is what I think some people expect.

. . . It's not like there are not plenty of other things to point out

TCC: The main reason you’re saying that you haven’t skated since you were 21 is just time off? There were some questions about whether it was due to injury.

TL: Yeah, I know that’s been a huge misconception. I had surgery, but I had it when I was 19. To be honest, it saved my career. I was probably in worse shape before I had the surgery then I [ever have been] after. I was on the ice seven days [after] the surgery. I was jumping a month later. I opened “Stars on Ice” in November and I had the surgery in September. For me, it [definitely] saved my career. A lot of people might have thought that was the reason [for leaving], but it wasn’t.
    There is a lot of fluff video about this injury. So, if it is a misconception, it is one she actively played up, perhaps, for media attention.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 10-12-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Tara Lipinski back in the booth and back on the ice
    http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2010/...n-the-ice.html

A very good interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post

A very good interview.
    Definitely. Tara must have read this thread, because she sure changed her strategy this time. I think it'll please even the most diehard fans of her biggest rival!

You were part of the NBC broadcast team for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. What were your favorite memories from Vancouver?

Michelle Kwan.

Did you have a chance to congratulate Evan Lysacek or Yu-Na Kim after their Olympic wins?

Michelle Kwan.

Everyone was surprised when Yu-Na Kim and her coach Brian Orser parted ways a few months ago. Could you give us some insight into the very special relationship between a coach and their student?

Michelle Kwan.

Last season, you were a mentor to Ashley Wagner. What kind of advice did you give her?

Michelle Kwan.
    Gotta love the advice she gave Ashley Wagner!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash

A very good interview.
    Interesting, but I wish they had said more about Tara doing choreography.

I think she's a good commentator, so I'm glad to hear she's going to be back.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Tara mentions Michelle often, when it's appropriate. Check out this interview from before 2010 nationals: http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...to-u-s-ladies/

“I think for one of those two spots, Ashley is a very strong possibility if she skates well,” Lipinski said. “But she has to compete with girls like Rachael, Mirai and of course the reigning U.S. Champion Alissa Czinsy. Any of them could make the Olympic team. It’s so hard because there are so many talented ladies. You don’t have the Tara, Michelle or Sasha, Michelle hold on the competition like there used to be. You can’t predict what will happen.”

vCash

A very good interview.
    Nice interview, but I wonder if there is a misprint, or, if Tara has managed to pull off a sekret marriage, hidden from all:

"I keep reading on the internet that you were once engaged to British rocker Alex Kapranos. Since it's floating out there, could you set the record straight?

TL: That is definitely a rumor! I am not single at the moment." (emphasis added)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast