Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    It was a good interview -- she handled herself well and sounds quite mature. I'd be careful and read the whole thing before focusing on any single quote, and I say that as somebody who definitely was a Kwan fan.

As a commentator, I found her a whole lot better than Hamilton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    It was a good interview -- she handled herself well and sounds quite mature. I'd be careful and read the whole thing before focusing on any single quote, and I say that as somebody who definitely was a Kwan fan.
    I read the entire interview -- and as I said, Tara definitely was positive, up-beat, and put a very good spin on her post-Nagano life experiences. Definitely. She may have stretched things in a few places and definitely over-used a few words, but, yes, it was a good interview.
    As a commentator, I found her a whole lot better than Hamilton.
    Interesting that she named Scott as her inspiration for wanting to try commentating herself. Thank goodness that if she was inspired by Scott, she hasn't emulated his style. Disclaimer: I say that as somebody who definitely is most definitely NOT a fan of Scott's commentary.

vCash
    A good interview I'm happy that she is commentating too, she should be doing it as she is really good at it. I think she was being polite though, when she said was inspired by Scott because he is a terrible commentator!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilng View Post
    I think she was being polite though, when she said was inspired by Scott because he is a terrible commentator!!
    Maybe she was inspired in the sense of: "If I ever become a commentator, I'm sure not going to sound like that!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilng View Post
    A good interview I'm happy that she is commentating too, she should be doing it as she is really good at it. I think she was being polite though, when she said was inspired by Scott because he is a terrible commentator!!
    I assume Tara is angling for a spot on NBC with Scott, and she's trying to curry a little favor
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Scott messes up a lot but there are aspects he is good at.

vCash
    "After spending the better part of the past ten years getting roles in Hollywood..."

Well, the writer lost all credibility right there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
    "After spending the better part of the past ten years getting roles in Hollywood..."

Well, the writer lost all credibility right there.

She can coast on the success of Metro Chase the same way Sharon Stone has on Basic Instinct....

vCash
    I read it.... It did nothing to help my preception of her. All those years of "acting is my goal" are now "well I really wanted to be in skating" YEAH RIGHT? That's why we haven't seen her do ANYTHING until this year. Shouldn't this be "I finally woke up and realized I am not going to make it as an actress"

And more of Tara and her "commentary skills" YUCK! Sorry, but I found her boring and kind of "self centered" (Note to Tara.. Your "competetion" days are no longer relevant!)

vCash
    I liked her as a commentator overall. She does talk about herself alot though which started to get annoying but other than that I thought she was really good and I liked hearing what she had to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I assume Tara is angling for a spot on NBC with Scott, and she's trying to curry a little favor
    Curry some favor? That might be a problem, because I heard that Scott doesn't like spicy food.

vCash
    I think she has found a good niche as a commentator, and I don't blame her one damn bit for working her spin in any way to gain momentum in that position. I was never a fan of Tara as a skater, but her commentary was very, very good this past season, and I'd like to hear more from her. She has good voice for this work.

That said, I'd also love to see her back on ice to see what she can still do - she might surprise us (and I mean that in a good way).
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    OMG Carolla if you can't stand her, don't bother reading anything about her!!!! And then making snotty comments!
    I am soo sick and tired of this crap!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    I read it.... It did nothing to help my preception of her. All those years of "acting is my goal" are now "well I really wanted to be in skating" YEAH RIGHT? That's why we haven't seen her do ANYTHING until this year. Shouldn't this be "I finally woke up and realized I am not going to make it as an actress"

And more of Tara and her "commentary skills" YUCK! Sorry, but I found her boring and kind of "self centered" (Note to Tara.. Your "competetion" days are no longer relevant!)
    I wasn't too impressed with her commentary skills either. Her or Johnny's at Worlds. They seemed rather self-centered, not in a bad way, but in a way that they could only relate to what the competitors did if it applied to them.

As for her acting, well....anyhew....

vCash
    Well, she's better than Nancy, anyway. She sounds like she's awake. She doesn't struggle with the pronunciation of any name that isn't Smith or Jones. The only thing I actively dislike about her commentary is her habit of saying things like "She struggled on that a little bit" when the skater is clearly blowing it.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Why should Tara have to publicly admit her failed acting career anymore than any of us having to admit our failures to any random Harry, Jane or Dick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Well, she's better than Nancy, anyway. She sounds like she's awake. She doesn't struggle with the pronunciation of any name that isn't Smith or Jones. The only thing I actively dislike about her commentary is her habit of saying things like "She struggled on that a little bit" when the skater is clearly blowing it.
    A test pattern is better than Nancy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I wasn't too impressed with her commentary skills either. Her or Johnny's at Worlds. They seemed rather self-centered, not in a bad way, but in a way that they could only relate to what the competitors did if it applied to them.
    They did talk about themselves too much, but I think that was partly due to the "loft" idea and the commentary being different from normal. Peter Carruthers seemed to ask Tara and Johnny a lot about themselves, especially Johnny. They both might do better if the commentary was more normal and less like the loft discussion. I didn't think Tara talked about herself too much when she did commentary outside of the loft setting.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Didn't Tara sign some sort of petition in favour of greater gun control in the United States? I admire her for that. I always liked her skating too, but have never heard her commentate.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

vCash
    This is only tangentially related, but have you guys seen Tara's Malaguena pairs routine with Kurt Browning? Update: found her other pairs routine with Kurt Browning, this one to a French song La Valse Dada Je Suis.
    Last edited by krenseby; 10-10-2010 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Added another link.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast