Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Has Johnny's mother died? His mother may not clean his house, but I thought he did still have a mother.
    God, no. Where did you read that?

vCash
    Johnny's mother lives in Pennsylvania, and from what I've been told, has pretty much stepped out of his life.
    Last edited by zaphyre14; 10-06-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    God, no. Where did you read that?
    In the article, Johnny said (bold mine),

...It sounds sillyto cancel some big event because I have to clean my house or go grocery shopping, but if I don't do it no one else will. I don't have a lover.I don't have a mother, I don't have an assistant who does all thesethings for me, I have to do it myself."
    Now that I reread, I understand it to mean he doesn't have a mother who does all these things (um, he's an adult!), but like I said, the article is poorly written and edited.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    ...It sounds sillyto cancel some big event because I have to clean my house or go grocery shopping, but if I don't do it no one else will. I don't have a lover.I don't have a mother, I don't have an assistant who does all thesethings for me, I have to do it myself."
    It seems so bizarre to me that this topic even came up in conversation the way it did. I don't know of a figure skater who has a personal assistant who grocery shops and cleans the house for them. I've read on Jeremy Abbott's twitter that he does his own laundry and does his own cleaning and I've seen video of Joannie Rochette keeping up her house, making beds, etc. The way the interview is written, Johnny comes across as if he should have an assistant to do all these things for him. With adulthood comes responsibility and independence. Every public figure cannot afford the luxury of having his/her own personal assistant. I hope it's the fault of the interviewer/publisher not editing well instead of Johnny expecting that he should have such luxury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    Johnny's mother lives in Pennsylvania, and from what I've been told, has pretty much stepped out of his life.
    That's kind of odd given how close they happened to be in past.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Now that I reread, I understand it to mean he doesn't have a mother who does all these things (um, he's an adult!), but like I said, the article is poorly written and edited.
    Ah, now I see. Thanks for pointing out. I agree btw that the wording is awful in the article.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Johnny hunny, if it makes you feel any better I don't have a personal assistant, either. And I have to do my own laundry, too. And buy my own groceries, I don't even use Peapod or anything like that. And when I was in TJ Maxx on Valley Brook Ave last week after going to the dentist, I had to carry my own bag out to my car. But look on the bright side, kid. You don't have to pump your own gas.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    What's so odd? He's what 24, 25 years old? It's high time he took responsibility for his own life. I'd say is about time - past time actually - for Mama to take several steps back. Doesn't mean she doesn't care about him or talk to him.

vCash
    Patti was in LA with him. It seems nothing has changed in their relationship and they are as close as they were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    Patti was in LA with him. It seems nothing has changed in their relationship and they are as close as they were.
    Please, we all know she disowned him because he's an overweight and desperate attention whore and who can't skate and wears tacky clothes. It's also probably Tara's fault. She's unprofessional, I heard. Haven't you been following this thread? Get with the program!

vCash
    I wonder if he has more name recognition than Evan Lysacek at this point.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    Please, we all know she disowned him because he's an overweight and desperate attention whore and who can't skate and wears tacky clothes. It's also probably Tara's fault. She's unprofessional, I heard. Haven't you been following this thread? Get with the program!
    Oh. Such a shame.
    I hope Plushenko and Rudkovskaya will adopt him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    Oh. Such a shame.
    I hope Plushenko and Rudkovskaya will adopt him
    That's pretty much his only hope at this point...

vCash
    What's so odd? He's what 24, 25 years old? It's high time he took responsibility for his own life. I'd say is about time - past time actually - for Mama to take several steps back. Doesn't mean she doesn't care about him or talk to him.
    You made it sound like Patti doesn't want to have anything to do with Johnny anymore. It's common knowledge that he moved away from his parents and he's living alone. Sorry if I misinterpreted your words.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Johnny hunny, if it makes you feel any better I don't have a personal assistant, either. And I have to do my own laundry, too. And buy my own groceries, I don't even use Peapod or anything like that. And when I was in TJ Maxx on Valley Brook Ave last week after going to the dentist, I had to carry my own bag out to my car. But look on the bright side, kid. You don't have to pump your own gas.
    Tell me about it. Poor dear.

vCash
    Only in a Johnny thread could a statement about sometimes having to skip a big event to take care of the mundane everyday chores because if you don't do it no one else will, be construed as him thinking he's such a big deal he should have a personal assistant and that he and his mom are estranged. lol

vCash

Actually Johnny's mom, dad and brother still live in Delaware. Patti tweeted some time ago that she wanted to move back to Pennsylvania after they sold their house but we all know how the real estate market is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Actually Johnny's mom, dad and brother still live in Delaware. Patti tweeted some time ago that she wanted to move back to Pennsylvania after they sold their house but we all know how the real estate market is.
    Thank you for the correction. I understood that the family had already returned to PA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    Only in a Johnny thread could a statement about sometimes having to skip a big event to take care of the mundane everyday chores because if you don't do it no one else will, be construed as him thinking he's such a big deal he should have a personal assistant and that he and his mom are estranged. lol
    True that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I wonder if he has more name recognition than Evan Lysacek at this point.....
    I'd honestly say probably not because his show is on cable and Evan was on ABC. I'm sure most people need to hear "figure skater" before either though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    Indeed!
    He was just stating the "facts of life" for a resppnsibile person, managing without help,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast