vCash

DWTS- who's the deadest weight?

Who needs to be voted off the island?

vCash
    BRISTOL!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    The Situation needs to go.

And, I hate to say it, but Corky's Standard/Smooth isn't good enough and it's dragging Florence down. Kills me, as he's the best Latin dancer on the show (I don't think Louis/Karina at their peak could have beaten Corky/Shirley at theirs.)

Margaret also has to go. Not good enough for regular pro-am. Then Kurt, Bristol and Brandy, all of whom are just okay, then Kyle who's gimmicky (also hampered by Lacey not being very good Smooth/Standard), and Audrina, Jennifer, and Rick duke it out for the win.

vCash
    The Situation or Margaret. Her energy was good, she started fine, but she ended up clomping all over the place. Don't know what happened there.

Bristol needs a light, happy dance like Kurt had to help her open up a little. Intense isn't working for her.

Danceronice knows waaaaaaaaaay more about this stuff than I do, but I don't see Kyle as gimmicky in the least. He's charming and hardworking and I really want to see him make the top three.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Another vote for Bristol.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's a four-way tie between Margaret, Kurt, The Situation and Florence. If Bristol has more performances like tonight, she should be in this group as well.

I can't wait until the top five of Rick, Audrina, Kyle, Jennifer and Brandy. Then the show is going to be very exciting to watch.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Bristol was plain awful. I can't believe that Bruno gave her 7 for that dance. Even the 6's by the other two were a bit too high. Are they afraid of Sarah's wrath if they gave her daughter the low marks she deserved? I would love to see her leave. Next in line Margaret, then the Situation (but he has improved).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Danceronice knows waaaaaaaaaay more about this stuff than I do, but I don't see Kyle as gimmicky in the least. He's charming and hardworking and I really want to see him make the top three.
    I was pleasantly surprised by Kyle tonight. First two weeks I thought he was clunky; just smiling happily a lot, but tonight I liked his expression and his dance. It was sincere. He does need to improve his footwork though (as they said).

I am also pleasantly surprised by Kurt. I am rooting for him to stay on the show as long as possible. He looked awkward in week 1, but the jive in week 2 really suited him. It hid his problem areas (posture, arms). Tonight's Fox trot had the arms problem but overall I liked the way he danced. He seems to truly enjoy the experience.

So my choice was Bristol, with Margaret a distant second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Bristol was plain awful. I can't believe that Bruno gave her 7 for that dance. Even the 6's by the other two were a bit too high. Are they afraid of Sarah's wrath if they gave her daughter the low marks she deserved?
    It's just possible that they noticed that Bristol actually danced, even if she danced without expression, while Margaret clomped. The "D" in DWTS stands for "Dancing," not "Dramatizing."
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Um, I know I'm off topic and I'm embarrassed and afraid to ask. I've never seen so much as a minute of "The Jersey Shore." Yes, as a matter of fact I do live under a rock. So why is he called The Situation? Something to do with endowment?
    I'm voting for him to go next.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Um, I know I'm off topic and I'm embarrassed and afraid to ask. I've never seen so much as a minute of "The Jersey Shore." Yes, as a matter of fact I do live under a rock. So why is he called The Situation? Something to do with endowment?
    I'm voting for him to go next.
    It refers to his abs. He has some sort of foolish explanation, which I forget.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    *sigh* I HATE that I know this but apparently when he shows his abs it always causes a "situation."

DWTS, I hate you for making me know that.

When I say Kyle's gimmicky--he's not a bad dancer. But they've done "cute and funny" way too much.

And why Bristol's doing better than Florence, Margaret and the Sit: she's actually dancing. Her technique's quite good. She looks like a (pretty gifted, if she's really coming in with no prior experience) pre-bronze/bronze I girl-obviously worrying more about "am I doing this right?" than "it's closing time and the rent is due so sell it!" but she at least can keep a smile on and that's more than most at that level can manage. Mark is apparently a very good teacher. And I'd really rather see that than what happens frequently on DWTS, which is people being thrown into Open routines that are VASTLY beyond their capacity (like Margaret's--that samba was way beyond her capabilities, plus she didn't even look like she was enjoying it by the end.)

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    The Situation.

Bristol, Florence and Margaret are bad dancers but they attempt to dance. The Situation looks like he is walking fast and not very well.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    The Situation. Florence, Bristol and Margaret aren't great, but at least they're trying and semi entertaining. The Situation is just annoying.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    The Situation is just annoying.
    Jersey Shore is all about trashy people doing trashy stuff, right? (I've never seen an episode...) So I can see people not liking The Situation. But as far as his appearances on DWTS, I've only seem him work hard, be agreeable and defer to the judges.

So what makes him annoying?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    So what makes him annoying?
    I'll bite.

He gave himself a nickname and it's a stupid one.
    1. You shouldn't give yourself a nickname. I can't give you a good reason why but it's just not right.
    2. If you do that, make it a good one.

I can't get past that.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    The Situation.

Bristol, Florence and Margaret are bad dancers but they attempt to dance. The Situation looks like he is walking fast and not very well.
    Yes. The next 3 after The Situation and Karina should be Margaret (much as I love Louis) then Florence then Bristol. Actually we can take out the Ballas family in anyorder. Bristol actually can dance. She's not an actress who can pretend to dance like Margaret or Florence so they get the nod before her.

Kurt can stay so Anna gets to stay. Actually, I just like the pros this time. Except Derek. I despise Brandy/Moesha but don't want to lose Maks. Rick and Cheryl are hot together. I'm thrilled Tony got a good partner and will vote for them if they make the top 3. Disneyboy can go as number 4.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Can we start a poll of the pros who are dead weight?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I hope the top 5 are Jennifer, Kyle, Tony, Audrina, and Bristol.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    The Situation is painful to watch. He may be willing, but they guy has two left feet and clumps with both of them! I feel the same way about Margaret.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast