Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    BTW the Stars on Ice broadcast will be Jan. 22, 2011 from 3:30-4:30PM ET on NBC. Yep, just an hour...

vCash
    Only a one hour broadcast?? I hoped they would show the entire show, since they have cut so many stops and this would be the only way some fans will get to see it!! That's just sad

vCash
    Only an hour, that sucks!! Thanks for the pics Skamper and the awesome review!!

vCash
    Great review, skamper! You covered just about everything that happened that night. Thanks also for the additional picture links and blog link!

I am disappointed to read that the TV broadcast will only be one hour in length. I hope that situation changes somehow because this show deserves two hours of coverage (not a rehash of the past, but a serious look into the current show).

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Thanks for the reports and glad you had fun at the show.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenes View Post
    BTW the Stars on Ice broadcast will be Jan. 22, 2011 from 3:30-4:30PM ET on NBC. Yep, just an hour...
    That will be long enough -- it's not exactly an exciting cast!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilng View Post
    That will be long enough -- it's not exactly an exciting cast!
    then don't watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    Worst tour schedule ever. The south got duped.
    Seems like they are really nit picking where to go. They have cancelled Houston the last 2 years & now Dallas is off the schedule. Better not make the Texas folks unhappy!!! We like to be included but can be self sustaining in the majority of things in life, regardless of SOI.

vCash
    My family had a surprise early birthday party for me yesterday, and one of the gifts was tickets to SOI for April 2nd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    CAST: Olympic Gold Medalist EVAN LYSACEK and Olympic Silver Medalist SASHA COHEN will be joined by a stellar cast of world-renowned athletes, including Olympic Gold Medalists JAMIE SALÉ & DAVID PELLETIER ; Four-Time World Champion KURT BROWNING; Two-Time Olympic Gold Medalist EKATERINA GORDEEVA; World Champion TODD ELDREDGE; Olympic Silver Medalists TANITH BELBIN & BEN AGOSTO and more skaters to be named soon! Salé & Pelletier will appear in 17 of the 25 cities.
    Just catching up on this. BRAVO to this year's tour line-up. Finally, once again, a tour of 100% pros (not the folks who still compete in that year's Olys or Worlds)! Now I know that I will buy tickets and go. I'm really looking forward to a more cohesive theme and cast, fully integrated into all of the group numbers.

The above reports of the Lake Placid opener make me think that this edition will be much closer in style and format to that of the old days. Having Kurt, Katia, and Jaime/David back, as regular-cast members, is the Icing on the Cake!
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 12-17-2010 at 08:13 PM.

vCash
    After having read the above two reports on the opener in Lake Placid, I really wish that NBC would show us complete numbers from this new show! Unfortunately, it will probably be another one-hour infomercial with Kristi naming her 10 favorite routines of the past 25 years. (Doop-Doop for the 100th time!) If we're really lucky, they'll run a 2-minute film of rehearsals in Lake Placid. For the last few years, the NBC SOI special has been only an infomercial to tout the upcoming tour.

p.s. Doop-Doop is one of my fave Kristi routines but, hey, enough is enough.
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 12-17-2010 at 08:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    Only a one hour broadcast?? I hoped they would show the entire show, since they have cut so many stops and this would be the only way some fans will get to see it!! That's just sad
    I doubt you will ever see the entire show again. Then they would have even fewer attendees then they do now....

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    AP promo article titled "Stars on Ice hits 25": http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...59895019_x.htm

BTW the Stars on Ice broadcast will be Jan. 22, 2011 from 3:30-4:30PM ET on NBC.
    And here's the thread started in the TV Alerts forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77063
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-21-2011 at 02:20 AM.

vCash
    I've got my on-ice tix for Portland ME, which used to be the last show on the tour, with some speeches and hijinks. Now it's the second to last, no fair!

vCash
    ^ Count your blessings that you've got a show to attend! Sure, it would be great to attend the final show of the tour (would love to see the pranks), but there are so many parts of the country that aren't getting the show at all. Basically, if you don't live on the east or west coasts or in a very few midwestern cities, you're out of luck. We're fortunate enough to have two hours within a reasonable driving distance, but that's certainly not true for everyone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234