Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

SOI cast in Lake Placid

Anyone know when the SOI cast starts practice in Lake Placid? I know they practice at least until Thanksgiving - how much longer than that? Can fans watch practice - or just hope to bump into them on the streets or hotel. I know which hotel they stay in - just forget the name of it at the moment. Thinking about going to Lake Placid the fall and staying in the same hotel. Thanks to anyone who can provide info!

vCash
    Well I think they start rehearsals about two weeks before ....and after Opening night they are done until the tour starts up again. I don't believe anyone is allowed to watch the practices. While in Lake Placid, I think they all stay here http://www.mirrorlakeinn.com

The big question I have is WHO is in the cast this year as they have yet to release the list!!! I'm pretty sure of Belbin & Agosto, Evan, Sasha, Mike Weiss....looking forward to their announcement of the full cast, which they say is coming soon!

vCash
    Yes - it is the Mirror Lake Inn - a beautiful hotel any idea of the date the rehearsals start? Everyone you mentioned I want to see - can't wait to see the rest! I plan on staying at that hotel. Saw a lot of skaters in Lake Placid during Skate America 2009. Love Lake Placid.

vCash
    i wonder if katia doing BOTB means she wont be in the tour =(

vCash
    Yes, but let's hope for Ilia!

vCash
    Unless things have changed, rehearsals are closed.

vCash
    If anyone is interested in getting tickets for the actual show on the Oly centre website:
    Got this by email:
    "Special Online Only Ticket Presale October 6-8 Use Password: EVAN"

Mods: feel free to delete if we're not allowed to share this info...
    lurking and delurking

vCash
    It appears SOI is not returning to a handful of cities this year. Alot of fans on the SOI message board have posted about getting letters from SOI saying they are not coming to their city this year.

Here are the ones I've collected from fans:
    Albany
    Dallas
    Denver
    Manchester
    Phoenix
    Wilkes-Barre

Rumored:
    Austin

The fans who got the Dallas letter said there was no option in it of ordering tickets for another show, but IIRC, the ones who got the Wilkes-Barre letter said they were offered to order tickets for the Hershey show. It looks like at this point they are skipping Texas completely, which is so upsetting. If anything, I'm holding out that they will be having it at the Allen event center, but it looks like at this point Texas has to sit this year out.
    Last edited by ryanbfan; 10-14-2010 at 08:25 AM.

vCash
    No Reading, PA show, either (surprising since it looked reasonably well attended last season, and the crowd was pretty enthusiastic and responsive).

Whatever the case, this is all disheartening news for longtime SOI fans, especially if there is no show that is within a reasonable traveling distance for you. The tour dates (and I hope the cast) are supposed to be announced some time today at the SOI website.

vCash
    2011 schedule up: http://www.starsonice.com/?content=tickets

U.S. tour runs from Feb 18 to Apr 9 - a tad shorter than this year's. So far, the only cast members listed are Sasha and Evan. I'm guessing the eligible skaters from last year's tour (D/W, Alissa, Jeremy, Mirai, Rachael) will join the tour for the last week, after Worlds, or do some of the weekend stops, or a combo of both.

The DC show is on March 6 (a Sun), so at least I won't have to deal with commuter traffic. Hopefully, there won't be some big protest or rally that day, lol. But I'm bummed that I probably won't see D/W or the other eligibles.

I wonder if my friend in northern NJ would like to go to SOI on Apr 2, with a weekend visitor.

vCash
    I am bummed. No tour stops in MO this year or anywhere nearby.

vCash
    Wow next season we probably won't even have a tour O.o at the right this is going...

vCash
    I am also bummed as I'm told that Ilia has not been asked to be in the tour this year.

vCash
    Odd, the first show on 11/27 is in 6 weeks and no cast members other than Sasha and Evan are listed on their site. I would be surprised if Evan does the whole tour.

vCash
    Worst tour schedule ever. The south got duped.

vCash
    Sad SOI is only visiting 25 U.S. cities!

vCash
    Oh. My. God. It's actually coming to Rochester NY!!! I hardly ever see skating come here! YIPEEEEE!

vCash
    I'm surprised it took them that long to stop going to LA. Staples Center is huge and expensive. One stop in Anaheim is good enough, though too bad they're not going to San Diego again as it was cheaper.

I'm not surprised they're dropping cities. It's expensive.

vCash
    I think this could be the "Beginning of the end" I am not sure SOI is going to survive long term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm surprised it took them that long to stop going to LA. Staples Center is huge and expensive. One stop in Anaheim is good enough, though too bad they're not going to San Diego again as it was cheaper.

I'm not surprised they're dropping cities. It's expensive.
    San Diego is still on the list. http://www.starsonice.com/?content=tickets

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast