Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Especially since he got a plug for a new CD and a new tour that probably won't make a lot of money. And he got paid to perform.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    side; why not design costumes that would make her look cute but not heavy?

Speaking of costumes, I am generally pleased with the costumes this season sofar. The costumes are not excessively revealing (like 90% of the ladies bodies).
    edyta took her patented diaper dresses and went home
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I think, and I hate to say this because I have never had any problems dealing with them and a friend of mine is one of their vendors, but I really don't think Randall knows what to do with a woman who is a little...uh...more endowed than some. Bristol isn't even esepecially heavy, nor is Margaret (Bristol's got a bit more 'up top', GEE I WONDER WHY THAT IS), but as with Sabrina, Melissa, Neicy, they don't seem to know what to do with the body shape. And it's not even an uncommon body type in pro-am, which is where THE money is in dance costumes (low-level ams can't wear stoning and embellishment, top ams and pros usually get sponsor gowns they don't pay for/own.) I love much of Randall's stuff, but know from trying dresses on *Cheryl* is larger in his range. (I've never actually bought any--WAY overpriced for the workmanship and stoning involved on DWTS dresses.) I think he and his crew just aren't quite sure what to do when confronted with someone who's top-heavy or wide all over rather than small bust/small waist/widest point is hips. Bristol and Margaret both had clunkers that would be easily fixed with some idea how to design for other body types.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Speaking of costumes, I am generally pleased with the costumes this season sofar. The costumes are not excessively revealing (like 90% of the ladies bodies). They have been quite nice so far, with a few exceptions. I did not care for Margaret's costumes, but Audrina, Jennifer, Anna, Florence had some really nice ones.
    Audrina is young, has a great body and is a Hollywood starlet wannabe. She needs to show as much skin as possible . I suspect we'll see more of her in the Latin dances.

All the others? Please keep your clothes on, including you Mr. Situation. Rick Fox also; He's on the slight flabby side and shouldn't be showing it on national tv.

vCash
    orbitz: I SOOOOOOOO agree with you!!

Hey Rick: tighten up the tummy and pecs before you even think of taking that shirt off again, PLEASE???

Some of us are eating dinner in front of the tv and don't need that jiggling thing going on till we get ready for our jello for dessert!!

deltask8er: I know exactly what you mean about hearing perfection for a particular song and then other versions not living up to it. My favorite of all time is Nessun Dorma from Turnadot and the version that was played at the Torino Olympic Opening Ceremony (he was already very ill but did record it in the studio just before the games and it was his last public perforrmance). I love the song and the opera itself but no one is ever going to be able to touch my heart the way he sang it. I have several different performances of him doing Nessun Dorma and not one of them is less than brilliant.

http://video.coolstreaming.us/watch-...ee4fb776a.html

I agree with everyone on the dumb costumes that they are sticking on some of the dancers bodies because they don't have to be skimpy to be flattering or frumpy to cover up...Margaret's dresses had been more like burlap sacks and Bristol looks like she's stuck wearing her aunt or older sisters old prom dresses or something! Come on already she's got a full figure so what? There certainly has to be something more age appropriate and colorful for her to wear!!

vCash
    What bothers me is that some designer must think those costumes are attractive. They keep putting them on stage. IIRC Bristol asked for less revealing costumes. Maybe they can't design with more than a diaper size of cloth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    What bothers me is that some designer must think those costumes are attractive. They keep putting them on stage. IIRC Bristol asked for less revealing costumes. Maybe they can't design with more than a diaper size of cloth.
    I think they can. Florence's was fine and fit her well. Bristol's was a hot mess.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    OH NO!!! Tonight's new episode of Bones has them going to the Jersey Shore on a case!! Are there more of the prople like "the unfortunate situation" going to be on a good show!! Say it ain't so, please Bones and Booth???

vCash
    I'm just catching up on this week's elimination episode. I am totally going to start using "atrocious" in place of "awesome."

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I think they can. Florence's was fine and fit her well. Bristol's was a hot mess.
    Florence is a twig. Bristol and Margaret aren't. Bristol gets 'cover ups' that make her look more top-heavy than she is (I wonder if she breast-fed) and Margaret got things like a straight-cut fringe dress that made her look like a stringy rainbow potato. Neither is especially fat but, like Marissa and Sabrina before them they got dresses that made them look shorter and squatter. (I think Sabrina still wins with the WORST DRESS EVER for that purple paso or whatever it was supposed to be that came up to her chin, had some random tiny keyhole, and made her look huge. There have been uglier, but fewer that were as unflattering.)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213