Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    The fact she delivered two emotional performances doesn't mean she deserved a medal.
    That's not what I said.

And Mao had three 3A and emotions. So, Joannie was not the only skater who combined emotions with landing jumps.
    From what I saw, in my mind, Rochette had fewer mistakes than Asada. IMO Joannie's choreography and transitions were much more challenging than Mao's in both the SP and the LP. In the LP, Jo did 5 different types of triples (2 Lutzes, 2 Salchows, 1 flip, 1 loop, and 1 toe loop) and rotated 7 of them. 6 were landed cleanly. 1 was rotated with a step-out (the flip). 2Axel had a turn-out. Mao did 3 different types of triples (2 Axels, 1 flip, 1 loop; Lutz and Salchow were not attempted) and rotated 4 of them. 1 (the 2nd flip) was under-rotated/downgraded to a double, two-footed, and turned out of in combination. 1 (the toe loop) was singled. So, Rochette made 2 mistakes in the LP. Mao made 4 mistakes in the LP, 5 when you count that she tripped when first attempting the toe loop. That's why I still believe Joannie deserved the silver medal.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-27-2010 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    The fact she delivered two emotional performances doesn't mean she deserved a medal. Mirai was emotional, too, just the other way. And Mao had three 3A and emotions. So, Joannie was not the only skater who combined emotions with landing jumps.
    But it wasn't just the "emotions" that got Joannie the medal. There was more to it than that. Like interpeting the music, highlighting the nuances of the music, attention to detail, an excellently constructed and choreographed program, posture, skating skills, etc.

The story behind what she did makes it special, but if that hadn't happened, she probably would have still got a medal.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I wouldn't give Rochette the lead after the short in Vancouver because of Yuna's 3/3, stronger spins and speed, but I might have given her the highest PCS, certainly for IN and CH and would have given her 2nd place.

It would be the strength of her short program that holds her up to bronze, as I would have given both Nagasu and Lepisto the nod in the free.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567