Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sochi voids
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think anything is possible, really.

    I don't have any ghost stories, but my cousin Lisa has one of the best I've heard.

    A couple years ago, while her husband, a U.S. Army officer was deployed to Iraq, she and her two kids were staying with the husband's family in Arizona for a few weeks. One night her little boy woke her up in the middle of the night and asked for a glass of water. She got up without turning the lights on and walked down the hallway. At the end of the hallway, she saw the shape of a person walking away from her. So she was so sure it was her mother-in-law that she addressed her by name. The shadow stopped moving and disappeared. My cousin isn't rattled easy, so she got the drink and went back to bed. The next morning she told her in-laws what happened, and her husband's sister showed disbelief and pressed her for more details - she eventually started crying because as a child she use to see the same figure, but no one believed her.

    Spooky.

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    I think anything is possible, really.

    I don't have any ghost stories, but my cousin Lisa has one of the best I've heard.

    A couple years ago, while her husband, a U.S. Army officer was deployed to Iraq, she and her two kids were staying with the husband's family in Arizona for a few weeks. One night her little boy woke her up in the middle of the night and asked for a glass of water. She got up without turning the lights on and walked down the hallway. At the end of the hallway, she saw the shape of a person walking away from her. So she was so sure it was her mother-in-law that she addressed her by name. The shadow stopped moving and disappeared. My cousin isn't rattled easy, so she got the drink and went back to bed. The next morning she told her in-laws what happened, and her husband's sister showed disbelief and pressed her for more details - she eventually started crying because as a child she use to see the same figure, but no one believed her.

    Spooky.


    So spooky.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wearing my "T" for Tebow!
    Posts
    834
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have dreamed about people before I have actually met them.

    I believe there is a lot we don't know or are capable of understanding.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Picking up my Team Olesya t-shirt
    Posts
    1,168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    One thing I don't believe in, at least in the Catholic concept, is hell and heaven. I don't believe in in the devil or his legion of demons. I prefer an ancient Greek-like idea of an underworld that everyone goes to and you are given a judgement based on your behavior in life. It's not a black and white thing, Good=Heaven and Bad=Hell.
    I believe in heaven but I have a hard time believing in a place like hell. If someone loves you and would miss you terribly if they went to heaven and you went to hell, wouldn't that be just as hard on the person in heaven, who then has to live without their loved one for all eternity? A system like that seems flawed and unfair.

    I also do not like/agree with the belief that animals do not have souls. I have always felt like I could see the souls of all of my pets through their eyes. Except maybe the fish. And the snake. But fish are lovely and I think they could brighten the afterlife up quite a bit, lol.

    As for the rest of it, yes. I believe anything is possible and there is a lot that we don't know. I've had some eerie experiences that I can't explain and I've known other people who have, too. That alone makes me unwilling to rule anything out.

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oz, of course
    Posts
    11,361
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My policy is that considering that I'm searching for aliens for a living, I have no right to say for certain what's real and what's not.

    Vampire legends interest me, because there's so much that could be real. There are people who are allergic to sunlight. If any of those like the taste of human blood, then you have what is essentially a vampire.

    A werewolf would be much harder to figure out. I'm not sure how the genetic structure could work so that a person could turn into a wolf and back again. I suppose it's possible that it's something like a caterpillar's transformation into a butterfly, but that's a one time deal.

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Looking for cupcakes
    Posts
    30,765
    vCash
    5550
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    I think anything is possible, really.

    I don't have any ghost stories, but my cousin Lisa has one of the best I've heard. So she was so sure it was her mother-in-law that she addressed her by name. The shadow stopped moving and disappeared. My cousin isn't rattled easy, so she got the drink and went back to bed.
    After my uncle died unexpectedly from a heart attack/bleeding ulcer due to heparin therapy (he was 57 at the time) my cousin had a couple of visits from him
    She was pregnant with her first child, woke up to go to the bathroom and when she came back to bed, her dad was sitting in the chair. He told her to be patient with her sister Beth who was coping by drinking. He told her that Beth would soon stop drinking, which she did.
    The second time she saw him, she going to the hospital to have her baby.
    She was freaked out by it and I told her that dad was wanting her to know that they would be fine.

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where banjos play.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,070
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My Dad and Brother, before I was born, came in from outside one day to find a misty type figure of a woman in the kitchen. They also claimed to hear footsteps like someone walking around in the woods at night as well. This was when we lived on the farm. I was born while they were living there.

    I can't think of any specific instances where I've encountered ghosts or anything like that, but we used to live in an old house in Ohio. It was over 80 years old and I had to sleep upstairs by myself with this huge open closet(had large open cubby holes over the top of the closet) that scared me to death. I always wondered if there were ghosts around that place. It also had an old barn. It's well over 100 years old now. I look back on that place fondly now, but at the time it gave me the creeps at night.

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    322
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Out of curiosity, hasn't anyone here seen a UFO?
    I saw a UFO when I was 10 years old. It was daytime when I was walking along by myself near my home in a rural area when I stopped and looked overhead. I thought myself, "Oh, there's a flying saucer," and then I just went on. As a 10 year old I didn't think much of it at the time but I will never forget it. The UFO had an unusual brilliance and its movement & speed I haven't seen again in my lifetime. I just recently learned my brother and cousin, who were together, both saw a similar UFO approximately the same time and place, we just never talked about before.
    So,yes, I believe in UFOs. There are too many documented UFO encounters to discount, IMO.
    I have never seen a ghost but know people who have.

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,719
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34207
    I am not trying to make fun of anyone, everyone can believe what they believe, but I do find it silly to think that what you hear is a ghost or spirit. We hear tons of things that we can't see or explain (probably because we can't see it) but that doesn't mean it is a ghost. For example, if I hear what sounds like footsteps out in the woods, I would probably assume it is an animal. If I hear what might be footsteps upstairs, I assume it is the house shifting, creaking, etc. Maybe it is just the cynic in me.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    108
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't believe in ghosts or ufos, but psychics intrigue me. I have ESP and deja-vu alot.

    This story makes me believe somewhat: my friend went to a psychic and the first thing the lady said to her was "the ambulance driver has the jewellry". That stunned my friend since earlier in the year her grandparents died in a car accident while vacationing in Germany. When the bodies came back to Canada, all their jewellry was gone and no one could tell the family where it was. So how did the psychic know that without my friend even saying a word??

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    I find it hard to believe that an intelligent life form would try to sneak around in our skies, when it’s dark, with brilliant lights.
    Particularly one more intelligent or scientifically advanced than we are. Best argument yet for UFO's not being alien craft.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlini View Post
    Out of curiosity, hasn't anyone here seen a UFO?
    More than one, but the "U" in UFO stands for "Unidentified," and that's exactly what they were. So what's the big deal. Just because you are unable to ID something is no reason to assume it is an alien artifact.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Where banjos play.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,070
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I am not trying to make fun of anyone, everyone can believe what they believe, but I do find it silly to think that what you hear is a ghost or spirit. We hear tons of things that we can't see or explain (probably because we can't see it) but that doesn't mean it is a ghost. For example, if I hear what sounds like footsteps out in the woods, I would probably assume it is an animal. If I hear what might be footsteps upstairs, I assume it is the house shifting, creaking, etc. Maybe it is just the cynic in me.
    Well according to my dad this didn't sound at all like an animal. It sounded like very deliberate heavy steps. Besides it was in South Carolina...and there aren't many large mammals there....maybe a cow ....that's about it lol.

    Who knows...I don't waste too much time thinking about that stuff...because even if ghosts are real, they're nothing to worry about.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    322
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dbny View Post
    Particularly one more intelligent or scientifically advanced than we are. Best argument yet for UFO's not being alien craft.



    More than one, but the "U" in UFO stands for "Unidentified," and that's exactly what they were. So what's the big deal. Just because you are unable to ID something is no reason to assume it is an alien artifact.
    ITA - UFOs do not necessarily mean aliens from outer space....

  14. #54
    Official FSU Alte Kacher
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking through my D7100 viewfinder
    Posts
    12,071
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20374
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlini View Post
    Out of curiosity, hasn't anyone here seen a UFO?
    I saw a UFO when I was 10 years old. It was daytime when I was walking along by myself near my home in a rural area when I stopped and looked overhead. I thought myself, "Oh, there's a flying saucer," and then I just went on. As a 10 year old I didn't think much of it at the time but I will never forget it. The UFO had an unusual brilliance and its movement & speed I haven't seen again in my lifetime. I just recently learned my brother and cousin, who were together, both saw a similar UFO approximately the same time and place, we just never talked about before.
    So,yes, I believe in UFOs. There are too many documented UFO encounters to discount, IMO.
    I have never seen a ghost but know people who have.
    Best UFO I ever saw was in the evening, about an hour after sunset. Out of the west I saw this very bright light, like a spinning disk. As it got closer I began to hear the sound...of a small plane. It was an advertising plane, with a ribbon of lights slung underneath from wingtip to wingtip. The words would scroll across the ribbon. I don’t even recall what it was advertising because I was laughing so hard.
    I think people do see things in the night skies, things that can be easily explained. But I won’t believe any are alien spacecraft until there is irrefutable evidence. Something like the alien addressing the UN.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

  15. #55
    Tinami 2012
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    11,446
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    6863
    I don't know what I believe in.

    My grandmother died last September, and immediately following her death, I swear I had three separate "visits" from her -- I heard her voice while awake, had an amazingly vivid dream in which she appeared and spoke to me, and then a third time felt her touch me.

    In Catholic school, I was always taught to make intercessions through the dead. I was never prepared for the idea that the dead sometimes make intercessions through the living. In these "visits," my grandmother told me what to do about a family problem, helped me do it, and then thanked me afterwards. I never would've done what I did without these "visits," which started a chain reaction of positive developments to a problem that had lingered on for years.

    Maybe it was all real; maybe it was a voice inside my head. Does it really matter? Either she came back to do a good deed, or she did enough good deeds during her lifetime that she became a part of my deepest subconscious that emerges when I need it most.

    Either way, a fourth "visit" would be appreciated as said family problem, after looking stable, has taken a turn for the worse and I'm out of earthly/conscious ideas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •