Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash

Tony Curtis Dies at 85

vCash
    OK, now I'm completely losing my mind. I could have sworn I had a conversation last week about him passing with a couple of my kids and they had no idea who he was.

RIP Tony.

vCash
    THis is soooo sad! I grew up watching his movie, and that of his daughter's. Thanks for the memories and thanks for Jamie. LOL R.I.P.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Norlite, is it possible you mentioned Eddie Fisher? They were famous from the same era (and your kids are probably unlikely to know him, either).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Norlite, is it possible you mentioned Eddie Fisher? They were famous from the same era (and your kids are probably unlikely to know him, either).

Hmmmm no. I think we might have just been talking about him because of Jamie Leigh hawking that new movie of hers on something. But I honestly thought I told them he had recently passed.

Again. RIP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Hmmmm no. I think we might have just been talking about him because of Jamie Leigh hawking that new movie of hers on something. But I honestly thought I told them he had recently passed.

Again. RIP.
    I thought the same thing when I saw Jamie Lee on Leno last week.

And trying to remember if he had younger children but realized that was what's his name that played in the Odd Couple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I thought the same thing when I saw Jamie Lee on Leno last week.

And trying to remember if he had younger children but realized that was what's his name that played in the Odd Couple.

Is it Jamie Lee or Jamie Leigh? I had no idea so I went with the name of her mother. Which is why they named her that in the first place I guess.

And geez, this is getting stranger and stranger. I told the kids he was in the Odd Couple, and then had to correct it.

vCash
    Is that three now? Eddie Fisher, Gloria Stuart and now Tony? Not to be morbid, but they do say it comes in threes. Unless you want to include the comedian who OD'd and Arthur Penn, the director of Bonnie & Clyde...

Regardless, this is sad. I heard Tony was ill, but didn't know how serious. Jamie's mom was the late Janet Leigh, who was in "Psycho". I am crazy about Jamie Lee, always have been. I hope she and her brother are holding on.

vCash
    Aside from Some Like It Hot, he was also good in Operation Petticoat and Sweet Smell of Success. R.I.P.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    : I'm so sad to hear this! I love him. One of the most beautiful men ever to walk the planet, imo, and a great actor.

I never even heard he was sick. The last time I saw him was on TCM for an hour long interview and he was quite full of himself.

RIP, Tony.

-Bridget

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Is it Jamie Lee or Jamie Leigh? I had no idea so I went with the name of her mother. Which is why they named her that in the first place I guess.

And geez, this is getting stranger and stranger. I told the kids he was in the Odd Couple, and then had to correct it.
    Jamie Lee according to fan site

Tony Randell is the Odd Couple actor

vCash
    I loved Some LIke it Hot, too, and he was very good in Sweet Smell of Success. Is he not the one who is famous for "Yonda lies the castle of my fatha"? in an early role" Can't remember the movie.

When I was a kid I regularly read those old movie magazines like Photoplay, Silver Screen, etc. That was about the only way to get information about the stars back then, factual or not. I loved seeing the photos of the young Hollywood couples, Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh among them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Tony Randell is the Odd Couple actor
    or Jack Lemmon

Just me
    vCash
    Tony was a joyful part of my movie experiences when I was growing up. RIP Tony, thanks for the memories.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    I hope that you all are able to see the "Word of Mouth" feature that Tony Curtis did for TCM about what an influence Cary Grant was for him, personally amd professionally. Watching CG, as a teenager, inspired him to act; and he could not imagine that they would work together and become such close friends, as they did.

An actor, talking about one of his associates in that way, is a rare thing.

A fine man, actor, and great personality. He will be missed.

vCash
    He was wonderful, especially in one of my all time favorites: The Great Race

vCash
    OK, I'll confess; one of my big guilty pleasures is Operation Petticoat.

RIP, Mr. Curtis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    I never even heard he was sick.
    I know he'd had COPD, but he died of cardiac arrest.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Both were Jewish and extremely popular with the women, so I can see why one would get confused between Eddie and Tony. I've never heard stories of Tony's atrocious parenting skills, however, so he probably has one up on Eddie.

Anyways, I loved him in Some Like It Hot as he was such a hoot - the image of him batting his eyes in drag with his lips pooching out whilst holding forth his string of pearls cracks me up just thinking about it. The Sheboygan Conservatory of Music...we got time off for good behaviour...

RIP, Mr. Curtis.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    He was also a talented artist too, wasn't he? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Regardless, I also adore Some Like It Hot and always try to catch it when it's on TCM. He really was a very talented man.

My condolences to Jamie and the Family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast