vCash

Help on iPhone/mp3 boom box on ice

Hi I use to coach kids on public session doing program using boom box with cd since we can't use the overhead sound system for public. I have basic skill kids that are getting ready for competition. I need to find one that are a) loud enough for them to hear when I am by them, b) rechargeable internal battery would be nice. Battery are expensive these day. C) something I can carry or hold so I don't drop it.

Any coaches out there using mp3 player yet instead of cd? I think it saves money and the environment. Any tips will be awesome.

Thanks

vCash
    Not a skater or a coach but I use the Altec Lansing IM600 for my iPod system in my apartment. It has a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts a few hours...it folds, it's easy to carry around and it can get plenty loud, although I'm not sure if it would be loud enough to fill somewhere as large as an ice rink.

vCash
    There are all kinds of easy to use, portable ipod/mp3 "boom boxes" you could use. My rink has a rinkside plug-in so battries aren't an issue. However, I think only the more pricey ones would be loud enough for a rink. Good luck!

vCash
    Try this for iPods! We have a iPod dock with a Y cable that hooks up to the boom box.

http://www.cnet.com/1991-7382_1-6250204-5.html

I don't know how old your boom box but the more recent ones has a option to switch between iPod, radio, and CD mode.