Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKPRINCESS View Post
    Love Alissa, but her jumps were always a major hurdle she couldn't quite get over.

As far as I know, Mirai is the only U.S. lady right now who has shown to be capable of delivering a great skate internationally.
    Well, there is Rachael who was 5th at '09 Worlds and 7th in Vancouver with a really good set of skates [some argue she should've been higher there but was dinged by unfair downgrades]. She's referred to as 'consistent' and 'steady'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ... She's referred to as 'consistent' and 'steady'
    And that's pretty much all anyone can say about her, unfortunately. There's no wow factor to her skating.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Wagner. This girl have a lot of energy and speed. And she is simply beautie
    I like Kristina Gao style rhis season. Cant waite to see her on TV. Will she skate in GP?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Wagner. This girl have a lot of energy and speed. And she is simply beautie
    I like Kristina Gao style rhis season. Cant waite to see her on TV. Will she skate in GP?
    She's competing in the junior GP, which doesn't air on television. But we'll see her on tv competing at senior nationals this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    And that's pretty much all anyone can say about her, unfortunately. There's no wow factor to her skating.
    edit - Yeah, but I was just disputing a poster in my original post that Mirai was the only lady who can deliver great skates internationally

vCash
    edit - Yeah, but I was just disputing a poster in my original post that Mirai was the only lady who can deliver great skates internationally
    But of the top U.S. ladies, which of them have NOT delivered a great skate internationally?

vCash
    Rachael is quite consistent with the jumps (except Worlds when she was burnt out).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    But of the top U.S. ladies, which of them have NOT delivered a great skate internationally?
    Czisny, except she always seems to skate fairly well at Skate Canada each year. Alexe didn't skate very well at SA or 4CC, but made a nice debut at TEB. Ashley didn't have any bad international performances last season, her scores were just not the best because of some jump issues. Caroline was respectable at all her international competitions last season apart from her FS at Skate Canada. Mirai did great at nationals and the Olympics, but if you actually look at her last season, she didn't have a very good (for her standards) FS at CoC or Worlds, and at SC she was solid but not spectacular. I feel that she is definitely the most talented of the current US ladies, but I don't think she is the most consistent. In terms of consistency, I would put her ahead of Alissa and Alexe, behind Rachael, and about even with Ashley and Caroline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Czisny, except she always seems to skate fairly well at Skate Canada each year. Alexe didn't skate very well at SA or 4CC, but made a nice debut at TEB. Ashley didn't have any bad international performances last season, her scores were just not the best because of some jump issues. Caroline was respectable at all her international competitions last season apart from her FS at Skate Canada. Mirai did great at nationals and the Olympics, but if you actually look at her last season, she didn't have a very good (for her standards) FS at CoC or Worlds, and at SC she was solid but not spectacular. I feel that she is definitely the most talented of the current US ladies, but I don't think she is the most consistent. In terms of consistency, I would put her ahead of Alissa and Alexe, behind Rachael, and about even with Ashley and Caroline.
    Mirai was coached by Frank only a short time before the GP. She was much better prepared by Nationals and Olympics,and at Worlds she had a very good SP and a lot of pressure going to LP. I think that was a good experience for her. In my opinion we should wait until the end of this season before we can say anything about her consistency.

vCash
    Well, there is Rachael who was 5th at '09 Worlds and 7th in Vancouver with a really good set of skates [some argue she should've been higher there but was dinged by unfair downgrades]. She's referred to as 'consistent' and 'steady'
    It's not like I don't know about Rachael's accomplishments.

I just don't consider them great skates. I don't care about the placement or the numbers so much.

Mirai's FS in Vancouver was amazing.

Rachael has never had a memorable skate of any kind, for me. Sorry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKPRINCESS View Post
    It's not like I don't know about Rachael's accomplishments.

I just don't consider them great skates. I don't care about the placement or the numbers so much.

Mirai's FS in Vancouver was amazing.

Rachael has never had a memorable skate of any kind, for me. Sorry.
    OK. Well, it's a matter of opinion. But, I was going by judge's scores and placements to determine a 'great skate'.

vCash
    OK. Well, it's a matter of opinion. But, I was going by judge's scores and placements to determine a 'great skate'.
    Well, I'm glad our criteria differ.

vCash
    Flatt. Her skating is a bit flat...coincidentally...but she's definitely the next best as far as scoring and abilities/consistency go. I'm not talking "favorites", just how the chips fall.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I thought that Rachael's LP at SA last yr was close to great.

She really isn't "my kind of skater", but I always find myself rooting for her; quite possibly because I find her so likeable.

vCash
    Having seen it in person, I supremely enjoyed Rachael's LP at Skate America last year. She definitely doesn't seem to have the same oomph in her performances when I watch them on TV or online, but I still think she's far better than most people give her credit for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by personwhoishere View Post
    Having seen it in person, I supremely enjoyed Rachael's LP at Skate America last year. She definitely doesn't seem to have the same oomph in her performances when I watch them on TV or online, but I still think she's far better than most people give her credit for.
    I haven't seen her live, but that sounds like a good assessment of her skating - 'deserves more credit'

vCash
    I think she gets due credit from the judges, since they see her live. But apparently she's just not "telegenic", so a lot of fans aren't as impressed.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    But apparently she's just not "telegenic", so a lot of fans aren't as impressed.
    No, it's Flatt's overall ZZZ skating style that isn't impressing the fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    No, it's Flatt's overall ZZZ skating style that isn't impressing the fans.
    I agree, I've seen her live and find her even slower and more awkward than on TV.

vCash
    Well, as a fan of Rachael I can say that I thoroughly enjoy her skating. I'll admit that she certainly is not the most graceful or engaging skater there is, but I admire her athleticism, determination, and the joy she radiates while she is performing. It wouldn't really be fair to generalize all skating fans as unimpressed.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast