Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    I'd say Nagasu, Wagner, and dull as she is, Flatt. I can't honestly put Czisny in the top three; she has too many jump issues.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I adore Mirai - but I wouldn't call her the #1 US lady quite yet. I'd say she and Flatt are about neck and neck. Mirai's got the edge from Olys (and the Worlds SP), but Flatt has been more consistent. Wagner is on the outside trying to bust into the top ranks. It's anyone's game from those three, and it would be shocking if the 2011 US Worlds team did not include 2 of them.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
    Ashley Wagner- I know her name but never seen her skate.
    uh.... are you serious????

vCash
    There have been reports coming out all summer on how Caroline and Ashley have been reworking their jumps. Is it possible to rework jumps in a single summer? The opinion of several experts on 2 message boards is that it is not. However the 2 ladies do not appear to have received that memo. I will expect Caroline and/or Ashley to make a major statement this Grand Prix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I can't honestly put Czisny in the top three; she has too many jump issues.
    Maybe a coaching change will finally raise her game to a new level....
    It wouldn't be the first time.
    Well, her fans can always hope so....sigh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    There have been reports coming out all summer on how Caroline and Ashley have been reworking their jumps. Is it possible to rework jumps in a single summer? The opinion of several experts on 2 message boards is that it is not. However the 2 ladies do not appear to have received that memo. I will expect Caroline and/or Ashley to make a major statement this Grand Prix.
    Well, we all know that Ashley has been reworking her jumps every since she came to Priscilla, so that's believeable. Caroline has also made a little bit of progress within the last couple of seasons (for example, getting into the rotation faster).

vCash
    There have been reports coming out all summer on how Caroline and Ashley have been reworking their jumps. Is it possible to rework jumps in a single summer?
    I think it's possible for Ashley, although I suspect she will still struggle with trying to fix the flutz for at least one more season. For Caroline ? Uh...does the phrase "when pigs fly" means anything ?

Seriously though, I do wish Caroline the best this season. I just don't see how it's possible to fix her extreme mule kick and body twisting in one summer when she had spent most of her skating life performing jumps that way.

vCash
    SOrry -- Mirai isn't the best U.s. lady skater -the whinnest u.s skating lady and most excuses Us lady==not the best
    yes she placed 4th at olympics but only 7th at worlds after bombing her free skate when all she had to do was skate a little
    so far for me NO U.S. lady is the best=--they still have work to do,
    Mirai, mental and speed and ur and consistency, rachel speed, ashley consitency-carolilna zhang consistency and clean up ur's
    alissa=consistency
    they all have problems that need to be fixed before becoming best U.s. lady,
    she can be most likly lady to medal however 3 years gp circiut up in short screwed long, has to stop.
    other country ladies are just as good if not better,
    not best one of the best and one of hopefuls. until she gets it fixed she is far from the us. most hopeful us maybe but not best.

vCash
    also can't handle one person--not agreeing with you. cant handle a person saying no to your yes. amazing you guys are suppose to be fair-sorry don't believe it only if we agree with yo.

mirai not best maybe hopeful but than you don't want people to agree with me and say i might have something, you don't like me --good--.

says i am doing something right.

vCash
    well obviously right now as of last season Mirai and rachel are the two best ladies skaters. They are both national champions, Olympians, and placed top 10 at worlds. no other current ladies skater can say the same...although Alissa is also a national champion but has never placed top 10 at worlds and is not an Olympian.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    well obviously right now as of last season Mirai and rachel are the two best ladies skaters. They are both national champions, Olympians, and placed top 10 at worlds. no other current ladies skater can say the same...although Alissa is also a national champion but has never placed top 10 at worlds and is not an Olympian.
    I'm with you on this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Ashley Wagner is tailor-made for Madison Avenue in every respect - looks and sassy oomph in how she sells everything. Even greats in attendance like Yamaguchi were barely noticeable in the group number, IMO. That's the "IT" factor.
    I couldn't disagree more. While I like Ashley, I don't see even one quality that makes her special. Everything's good but she doesn't have a single "wow" factor.

And I don't mean to pick a fight here, but the idea that Ashley Wagner would somehow outshine Kristi Yamaguchi is just laughable. Kristi Yamaguchi "barely noticeable" to Ashley Wagner? I actually thought you were joking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    SOrry -- Mirai isn't the best U.s. lady skater -the whinnest u.s skating lady and most excuses Us lady==not the best
    Exactly when did she whine and make excuses? My recollection is that she went through some typical teenage stuff, but she seems to be doing fine under Frank so far.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    1.Czisny - She's always been and always will be my #1. I'm bias and a glutton for punishment.
    2.Nagasu - The odds on bet for #1.
    3.Wagner - 2 years ago I said she'd be mature enough to be US champ at 2011 Nats.
    4-6.Zawadzki/Gao/Siraj - Consistent and technical. Anyone could be #1 in 3 years.
    7.Zhang - Has been stagnant for 4 years. I had such high hopes.
    8.Baga - Just because she's my second fav US lady behind Czisny.
    9.Dobbs - No lutz but I love watching her.
    10.Flatt - I just can't watch. I'm Flattophobic. Forgive me.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 10-01-2010 at 08:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Seriously though, I do wish Caroline the best this season. I just don't see how it's possible to fix her extreme mule kick and body twisting in one summer when she had spent most of her skating life performing jumps that way.
    And let's suppose she does NOT fix her extreme mule kick and body twisting, where does that leave her? Does that leave her in the slump of the '09 - '10 season? Or does that put her back to the '08 - '09 season where she should have made the World team, but still went into the summer as the top American lady?

vCash
    There is no #1 girl Mirai is still inconsistent and her programs are boring. No one has that it factor. Maybe someone will step up this season and be much better. They are all inconsistent and bland.

vCash
    And let's suppose she does NOT fix her extreme mule kick and body twisting, where does that leave her? Does that leave her in the slump of the '09 - '10 season? Or does that put her back to the '08 - '09 season where she should have made the World team, but still went into the summer as the top American lady?
    Rachel placed 5th at worlds that year and 2nd at nationals. She should have won IMO, so I don't see how Caroline would be the clear cut top american going into the Olympic season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    1.Czisny - She's always been and always will be my #1. I'm bias and a glutton for punishment.
    2.Nagasu - The odds on bet for #1.
    3.Wagner - 2 years ago I said she'd be mature enough to be US champ at 2011 Nats.
    4-6.Zawadzki/Gao/Siraj - Consistent and technical. Anyone could be #1 in 3 years.
    7.Zhang - Has been stagnant for 4 years. I had such high hopes.
    8.Baga - Just because she's my second fav US lady behind Czisny.
    9.Dobbs - No lutz but I love watching her.
    10.Flatt - I just can't watch. I'm Flattophobic. Forgive me.
    Must say, I totally agree.

All the US Ladies have glaring issues. Flatt is so...........flatt and boring to watch. And down the list (or up the list since I started at the bottom)

For sheer pleasure, I would rather watch Alyssa fall than watch any of the others. For grace, line, elegance, beauty, spirit....she has all that in spades.

Zhang - I really thought she was going to be a stand-out. But, I think that train left the station.

Nagasu and Wagner can be wonderful. But for polish, drama and presentation, I would prefer Ashley. Just love watching her skate. Her nuanced performances are wonderful....even if not perfect. Nagasu is more "cute" than powerful and dramatic.....not that you have to be, but I like it.

Maybe Czisny will do a Nikodinov .... and have the same kind of turn-around. That was certainly gorgeous to behold.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemba View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. While I like Ashley, I don't see even one quality that makes her special. Everything's good but she doesn't have a single "wow" factor.

And I don't mean to pick a fight here, but the idea that Ashley Wagner would somehow outshine Kristi Yamaguchi is just laughable. Kristi Yamaguchi "barely noticeable" to Ashley Wagner? I actually thought you were joking.
    Woah there. Ashley has the best overall package (next to Nagasu) when it comes to skating, and that by itself is special. Of course, there isn't just one aspect of her skating that stands out, but all together, she does everything well.

I don't think it's laughable at all that Ashley outshined Kristi. Kristi's skating was a humongous borefest when she was an amateur and had ugly jumps and overall skating basics when compared to Ashley. It really wasn't until Kristi became a pro that she finally learned to connect with the audience (in some regards), and even then I wouldn't consider her to be special.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Woah there. Ashley has the best overall package (next to Nagasu) when it comes to skating, and that by itself is special. Of course, there isn't just one aspect of her skating that stands out, but all together, she does everything well.

I don't think it's laughable at all that Ashley outshined Kristi. Kristi's skating was a humongous borefest when she was an amateur and had ugly jumps and overall skating basics when compared to Ashley. It really wasn't until Kristi became a pro that she finally learned to connect with the audience (in some regards), and even then I wouldn't consider her to be special.
    Totally disagree with this..How did Kristi have ugly jumps?

Did she flutz? What did I miss all those yrs ago?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast