Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
    What can we do for this team to show our support???? Do they have a team facebook page where we can post?
    Emily's FB page:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...9897625?ref=ts
    Evan's FB page:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...6980586&ref=ts
    That Emily page looks like it's done by a fan. This is Emily's real page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...mily.samuelson

I think the contact page Sylvia linked would be the best way to contact them. And I'm sure they (or someone from their family ) will also see this thread.

On the subject of GP assignments next year, I don't think it will be a problem for them to get at least 1, if not 2, even if 1 is SA. I believe countries can invite who they choose, as long as the basic guidelines are followed so that everyone gets the min number of spots they are guaranteed. S/B are well-known, so I'm sure they'll get an invite outside of SA. Kimmie Meissner, for example, got 2 GP assignments last season and was not in the WS top 12 - and she did not compete at '09 Worlds. I know she was on the SB list, but technically, she was only guaranteed 1 assignment (I think).

(((Evan and Emily)))

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I suspect Samuelson/Bates can get at least Skate America even if they miss this season.
    They will definitely get an assignment to Skate America 2011 if they are ready, because USFSA can just pick them as a host pick. They just probably won't have the opportunity to try to qualify for the GP Final.

It's unlikely they can get two assignments if they are not on the top 24 world standings, top 12 at worlds, or top 75 season bests lists. These lists make you eligible to be picked for GP assignments. They technically could be invited by another federation (host pick) to their event, but I think this is rare. It would be a nice gesture though if another federation without many dance teams (JSF?) did something like this.

As I said previously, since it is still early in their dance career, they cannot use the "new" come-back rule that allows skaters previously top 6 at Worlds to get 2 GP assignments despite not competing for one or more seasons.

S/B's only hope of staying on the GP assignment lists for 2011-12 is to stay in the top 24 in world standings, which someone previously said would be unlikely.

Who knows, the GP assignment rules could always change for the 2011-12 season.

It would be nice if there was a provision for a situation similar to S/B (i.e. if you are out a full season due to confirmed serious injury but were guaranteed X GP assignments before you were injured, you get to carry those guarantees to the season when you resume competing).
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 09-30-2010 at 03:16 PM.

vCash
    That would be nice.

vCash
    Missed this yesterday. Ow! Poor Evan, and poor Emily too.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post

It would be nice if there was a provision for a situation similar to S/B (i.e. if you are out a full season due to confirmed serious injury but were guaranteed X GP assignments before you were injured, you get to carry those guarantees to the season when you resume competing).
    I agree with this statement. Top Athletes are injured every year and need time to recouperate. As the rules are now, athletes are basically punished if they are seriously injured and need recouperation time.

vCash
    Awww.....I am so sad for them! They are such beautiful ice dancers and nice people! Wishes for a speedy recovery Evan!

vCash
    Get well soon, Evan! I'm so bummed for them. I really became fans of them last year and was looking forward to their new free dance. I hope to see them come back stronger than ever next year.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I also missed this yesterday and DAMN!!

Wishing a really easy operation and a very speedy recovery to Evan!!

((((EmilyandEvan))))

vCash
    Nooooooooo
    I was so looking forward to their An American in Paris FD and seeing how the coach change was going for them! If he has to be off the ice for 6 months I'm thinking it's out for the season, which is a shame.

I wish Evan the best of luck in a speedy, smart recovery and also send support to Emily and hope to see them come back strong.

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    Has anyone heard how the surgery went? Hopefully it went great & he has a speedy recovery.

I was sooo looking forward to thier programs

vCash
    Any news on the surgery?

vCash
    That is terrible news. I enjoy them too. Glad Evan has a sense of humour about it.

Her blades must have been just sharpened if they managed to cut through a whole tendon.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash

Evan Bates

Evans surgery went well. The tendon was fully severed & it's expected it will be 6 months before he can return to the ice. I'm sure Emily will stay in shape with some amount of on ice time, she is fully dedicated to the sport as you would expect, and will do well. Thanks for any support you give them. Her gramps.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Thanks, Gramps. Please pass our best wishes on to Emily & Evan.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Thanks, Gramps.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    I hope he has a smooth recovery. Thanks for the update.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Thanks, Gramps! Evan tweeted this morning:

I had surgery to repair my achilles yesterday and docs said it was extremely successful. Thanks to all who have messaged me their support!

Quadless
    vCash
    Thanks so much for the update, Gramps! I love, love, love this team and I hope Evan will have a complete and speedy recovery.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Many thanks for the update from Emily's Gramps

Please pass along good wishes from this fan in Canada - this will be hard on both of them.
    Can't skate but love to watch

Briber of judges
    vCash
    I'm glad the surgery went really well, but having the whole tendon sliced sounds really scary. (((Evan)))
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast