Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Well if there are no splatfest Davis and White won't be lower than 2nd so the other team just needs to place 10th or 11th which is between range of possibility for both Chock&Zuerlein and the Shibutanis.
    I agree, US ice dance is in pretty good shape these days. Fingers crossed that all the other teams stay healthy.

Pssst, somebody go lock up Charlie White's hockey gear.

vCash
    "Emily feels really, really bad about this,'' Bates said, "but now I guess it's even between the two of us.''

I love that he hasn't lost his sense of humor.

vCash
    !!!
    Hoping for a good recovery.

vCash
    Oh, this is such awful news. I know many of us will miss seeing them compete this season (if they end up out all season). I was so looking forward to seeing them skate live (working hard on going to nationals this year). Get better quick, Evan! And hang in there, Emily! I hope they both know we are all thinking of them and sending good wishes their way. (((Evan and Emily)))
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    ((((SamBates))))

Eugh, tendon injuries creep me out for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Well if there are no splatfest Davis and White won't be lower than 2nd so the other team just needs to place 10th or 11th which is between range of possibility for both Chock&Zuerlein and the Shibutanis.

Very sad about Bates, I just cringe eveytime I think about the blade slicing through an achilles tendom ouch. But this will certainly shake the things up in the US dance scene.

Ummm... the Hubbells might have something to say about that...

vCash
    I wish Evan good luck in his recovery, it's unfortunate this had to happen. He's quite the character on the ice.

vCash
    Aw... I feel so sorry for both Evan and Emily. I wish Evan a complete and very speedy recovery, and look forward to see their wonderful performances next season.

vCash
    [The injury will likely take them out for the entire season.] Blog news.

Huh...so Sad.

I wish for his a good recovery, a perfect recovery~!!!
    Last edited by coolmoom; 09-30-2010 at 04:08 AM.

vCash

I hope he takes as much time as he needs and doesn't try to rush back and hurt himself more.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    With a 6-month break the season is indeed over for them and its a shame they didnt get to compete at least once cause next season they won't have a SB score and their WS points will go down to about 740s (after taking out the 08-09 season points and factorizing by 0.7 the 09-10 points) so they will drop to the low 30s ranks and therefore their only chance of a GP event will be Skate America.

vCash
    Kind of reminds you how fragile an athlete's career can be--one weird accident and you're out, for a season or forever, and it has nothing to do with how fit you are or how hard you train. I'm always wishing good health and NO INJURIES on skaters.

vCash
    ^Unless they can petition onto the World team, no? I mean, it's a HUGE longshot that he'll be able to get back on the ice before then (since that's almost exactly six months away), but you never know...
    Also, if they're in the 30's, they'll be alternates for GPs, so, once again, you never know.

On a different note, I feel so badly for Emily, too! I hope she doesn't feel too guilty; after all, it was a total accident.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Also, if they're in the 30's, they'll be alternates for GPs, so, once again, you never know.
    World Ranking only gets you guaranteed 1 GP if you are in the top 24. The alternates lists contains the skaters with Top 75 season best scores. Having a ranking in the 30s doesn't get you on the GP alternates list without a top 75 seasons best.

S/B can't use the new GP "come-back" clause to get 2 GP assignments because they have not finished top 6 at Worlds yet.

I wonder if they could be ready for World Team Trophy in April 2011 and try to get a Top 75 season best there. However, it is uncertain (meaning, I can't find a specific ISU rule) whether season bests can be achieved at WTT. I know that Mao Asada, Caroline Zhang, Binshu Xu, and Gwendoline Didier earned season bests at 2009 WTT.

vCash
    Only the top ISU ranked dance team for the U.S. (Davis/White) will compete at the WTT though, right? In 2009 the format was 1 pair, 1 dance, 2 ladies and 2 men.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If Coomes/Buckland can get a replacement assignment and Frohberg/Giesen can get one off the bat and a second one as a replacement, I suspect Samuelson/Bates can get at least Skate America even if they miss this season. It's too bad all of those minimum score competitions don't count. Chances are, even a 50% Samuelson/Bates could get a top 75 score in a March competition.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    This is so sad, I was so looking forward to seeing their FD. I hope Evan takes it slowly and doesn't rush back to the ice until he fully recovers. I just won't survive another talented male ice dancer ending his career like poor Shabalin.

vCash
    Honestly, this pair has had the worst luck. And I was just about to post a thread to discuss who would get the 3rd spot [since I didnt see anyone who could beat them out for 2nd.] Now it's unsure if they'll even compete this year. I guess that'll teach me - assume nothing.

All my best wishes for a speedy recovery - I really hope this isnt as bad as it sounds.

vCash
    What can we do for this team to show our support???? Do they have a team facebook page where we can post?
    Emily's FB page:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...9897625?ref=ts
    Evan's FB page:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...6980586&ref=ts

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    I tweeted support on behalf of all skating fans yesterday and was touched that Emily tweeted a sweet reply back:
    Thank you so much for the support; it really means a lot to us
    Here's the link to the Contact page on Samuelson/Bates' official site: http://emily-evan.ice-dance.com/web/...contact_us.htm

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast