Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Hahaha, this guy again.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    These are old vids from the Olys, but I finally uploaded them to YouTube (just got a new powerful router that lets me upload vids much faster!) I think I previously shared links to them on mediafire through the M&C blogspot.

I love reliving the great memories from that night!

Meryl and Charlie post-Oly medal ceremony

Team Canton group hug

vCash
    Ran a bunch of errands after the Arctic Edge Dress Rehearsal and just got home a little bit ago. For the record, Tessa and Scott did not skate.

Meryl and Charlie skated their FD in the first group. They just wore black practice outfits this time.

The program looked much cleaner and sharper to me this time. I think that there are more music cuts than I originally mentioned but I don't mind them in this program. I really do think that I am going to love this FD. I think that the program is really starting to gel. And I can't wait to see the costumes. It still looks quite difficult to me although I'm sure someone will disagree. The in the first lift is a bit like Tessa and Scott's goose-or-whatever lift in that he is kind of squatting in a spread eagle and she is standing on his thigh. But his torso is behind her instead of in front of her. If I remember correctly, she's hitting roughly this position. Then for the dismount she sort of comes down over his head. (Which should result in more flattering shots like this one.). I mentioned before that one of the other lifts starts like this one but instead of her standing on his calf, he lowers her until she is parallel to the ice. And I'm aware that this sounds physically impossible the way I am describing it, but apparently it is not. I think the order (don't quote me on this) was something like steps, lift, twizzles, lift steps spin, lift. I don't feel like this FD is too overdramatic and there is not a lot of posing, so hopefully those that don't like Tango will enjoy it anyways. Like I said, I think it is great. And probably most of the regular posters in this thread will, too. But who knows about the rest of FSU. Lol. I like that it is a different style than POTO and S&D but it doesn't feel like they are being forced into a box they don't fit in.

They did their SD in the last group. Charlie was still wearing a black practice outfit and Meryl was wearing a pink dress. So I'm guessing the costumes aren't finished yet. Or they are but, being that Meryl especially is often coy about her costumes (those who remember the white dress at SA in Reading will know what I am talking about), they don't want to show them yet. I said that I think I'm going to love the FD. I'm already sure I love the SD. In two weeks when everyone else sees it, you may all be like "TG, what were you on", but I love it. They have always done beautiful Waltzes, which I think a lot of people tend to forget. The music is perfect for the Golden, I think. (I am in no teknik, though.) They were spot on most of the way until Charlie decided to botch the twizzles and then they were clean after that as well. He needs to get this together because I cannot have the stress of worrying about their twizzles every time they skate in my life. I'm a grad student! I have enough to worry about! I love the lifts. I haven't done as well describing them. The end is a choreo lift. The end of the choreo lift is a bit like the last lift in Phantom in that Charlie kind of throws Meryl into the air and spins her. Which I'm hoping doesn't get a deduction, actually. But the start of the lift is different. The music cut is a bit "and now we shall CHANGE THE MUSIC" but I don't mind it.

I can confirm with absolute certainty that (unless they change something in the future) Charlie will be keeping his feet on the ground this year. He is not jumping over, around, or near Meryl. So far I love both programs. And I think that they are both nicely different from each other and still different from what Meryl and Charlie have been doing lately.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    TG, amaaazzzzing report!!!!!!! I can't even tell you how excited I am to hear Meryl will be executing that position from the pic outside the theater. I've dreamed of such a lift since that picture came out. The second lift sounds amazing, but I still can't picture it. Was it the circular steps first and then the diagonal steps later? (in true Team Canton tradition )

I wish they would update their ISU to know which piece of La Boheme they're using. Both programs sound like they're definitely ready for competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I can confirm with absolute certainty that (unless they change something in the future) Charlie will be keeping his feet on the ground this year. He is not jumping over, around, or near Meryl.

Whoo hoo!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I can confirm with absolute certainty that (unless they change something in the future) Charlie will be keeping his feet on the ground this year. He is not jumping over, around, or near Meryl.
    quote of the day award lol.
    and thanks for the report too! i can't wait for nhk!

vCash
    thank you for the report! Were you able to see the Shibs dance?

vCash
    The rest of the report is in the same thread as last time.

vCash
    Thanks for the report! Do you remember if their spin is any different this year than last...and the year before last?
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    TG, I'm with TaBfan...very amazing report! Thank you so very much!

They were spot on most of the way until Charlie decided to botch the twizzles and then they were clean after that as well. He needs to get this together because I cannot have the stress of worrying about their twizzles every time they skate in my life. I'm a grad student! I have enough to worry about!
    Oh, god, I am so with you on this. Ever since the OD from hell, he's been okay and I was starting to finally relax! They were so clean last season, here's hoping they can keep it going!

The lifts sound great, can't wait to see them. I can't quite picture that second lift, either. But let me also say...woohoo for the first lift you described...we've been hoping for that ever since we saw that picture! And another woohoo for no butterfly leap this year. Not that we didn't love it before...

ETA: Now I'm a little curious, why didn't V/M skate?
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Perhaps because TAT was there? Or maybe they were not reorganized from their ATS show? Certainly, the FD was not shown at ATS and it was scheduled. Maybe the FD is just not quite as ready yet as they would like. And they are not appearing at NHK; they have more time than D&W.

vCash
    Why would TAT being there make a difference? I mean, if she's checking out the competition, aren't D/W considered a team to beat as well? Or perhaps like you said, V/M just aren't competition ready yet. I kinda thought that TAT being there was to check out Jana/Fedor. Hmmm....I'm still curious.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post
    Thanks for the report! Do you remember if their spin is any different this year than last...and the year before last?
    LOL. Not really. I know they do the camel spin but Meryl is facing the ceiling rather than the ice. At least in the fd. I don't remember them doing the one where he is upright and pulling her foot towards her head. But I might have missed it.

vCash
    TAT was there to check out K&A, but it isn't like she won't report any weaknesses of the teams she sees. I quite shudder for D&W. I hope Alla is not a caller at NHK. If V&M suddenly opted out of the show for reasons of prudence, I could quite understand that.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    That in an amazing report, we're lucky we finally have a at Arctic Edge...even if it's just someone who goes to the public exhibitions when they have the time.

Count me in as another person happy to see the statuesque lift from that picture featured!

I mentioned before that one of the other lifts starts like this one but instead of her standing on his calf, he lowers her until she is parallel to the ice. And I'm aware that this sounds physically impossible the way I am describing it, but apparently it is not.
    How the heck...does he lower her using his leg? Meryl must have an invisible magic carpet, that is the only explanation (Disney princesses have their ways).

I hope the botched twizzle is Charlie getting it out of his system for this season. My gut reaction these days is "ahh the twizzles" and to close my eyes...during a freaking exhibition.

vCash
    I hope the botched twizzle is Charlie getting it out of his system for this season. My gut reaction these days is "ahh the twizzles" and to close my eyes...during a freaking exhibition.
    Its intense being a fan, isn't it??

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Grace posted an article on the blogspot that says Meryl and Charlie will be in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! How cool!

vCash
    I think that is the Thanksgiving Day parade in Detroit, not the big Macy's parade in NYC. There are a number of other Detroit area Olympic medalists in the parade as well.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I think that is the Thanksgiving Day parade in Detroit, not the big Macy's parade in NYC. There are a number of other Detroit area Olympic medalists in the parade as well.
    Oops I read it on AuntJoyce's blog and then when I saw the headline on Grace's site, I didn't notice it said the parade is in Detroit. I don't know why I expect AuntJoyce to be accurate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Oops I read it on AuntJoyce's blog and then when I saw the headline on Grace's site, I didn't notice it said the parade is in Detroit. I don't know why I expect AuntJoyce to be accurate.
    When I first read it on Grace's blog, I thought it was the Macy's parade too. It wasn't until I skimmed the article that I realized it was Detroit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    When I first read it on Grace's blog, I thought it was the Macy's parade too. It wasn't until I skimmed the article that I realized it was Detroit.
    People around Detroit still call the Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Macy's Parade. It used to be sponsored by the Macy's chain of department stores.
    Last edited by carolina; 10-10-2010 at 04:38 AM.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast