Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Bolton needs to get over himself. He is an arrogant turd - always has been. When reporters questioned him about his AMAs many years ago, he curtly responded that "rude reporters can just kiss my ass" and also had the nerve to say in a GQ article back when he was "hot", that he had more soul in his singing than a lot of established R&B acts . Sorry, Bolt-on, but I've heard Gregorian chants with more soul than your music. I seldom watch DWTS except in spurts or when nothing else is on. Bruno is a twat, but he seems like he's a twat to everyone. Why is MB so special? To me it sounds like he just doesn't like the criticism.
    I suddenly remembered a skit Bolton did on Jimmy Kimmel a few months ago, where he jokingly (?) criticized young singing talent at the School of Michael Bolton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0R21izMZUw

Bruno won't feel so bad after watching that.

I wonder what his ex-fiancee thinks of all this.

http://www.people.com/people/article...1487%2C00.html

vCash
    ^^Nicolette should be glad that she was able to get away while still relatively young.

I'm surprised that she didn't leave skid marks

(I cannot access YouTube at work - gov't policy prohibits the site).

vCash
    The more I see of him, the more I think Bolton's a tool. He's not even remotely interesting or amusing. Move along, Michael, nothing to see here.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I read online somewhere (can't remember where though) that Bruno has the support of the DWTS producers. Michael can suck it IMO.

Just me
    vCash
    I don't get the reaction from people who think the doghouse opening for Bolton was so disrespectful. I fairly sure I've seen things just as silly or bizarre (you choose) in the past that included stars of "stature." The song was "Hound Dog." It makes perfect sense to me that Chelsie may have been trying to use a little humor to loosen Bolton up, not take himself so seriously and give the audience a look at him outside the box that they might connect with on a personal level.

Bruno was harsh, but I think much of it had to do with Michael looking at him with what appeared to be a "how DARE you...I'M MICHAEL BOLTON" look. B. F. D.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Mel B has a reality show and hosts Dance Your Ass Off, which Marissa Jaret Winokur used to host after her stint on DWTS. Gilles is now on Brothers and Sisters and I think has a calendar or something. He's pretty recognizable now, which is quite amazing for 'naked neighbour' from SatC.
    Joey Fatone got that Singing Bee hosting job and I think he's on Family Feud now.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Apolo Anton Ohno won multiple Olympics medals after DWTS, though I cannot be certain that his appearing on DWTS had a role in that.

vCash
    Apolo did seem to get an increase in endorsement deals. DWTS increased his audience appeal outside short track speedskating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Bruno was harsh, but I think much of it had to do with Michael looking at him with what appeared to be a "how DARE you...I'M MICHAEL BOLTON" look. B. F. D.
    I don't think Bruno saying that Bolton's dance was the worst dance in 11 season (although I beg to differ, LOL) was harsh, but I think he also said something to the effect that a dog can dance better. The clip was not aired but I think The View showed it yesterday.

I think Bruno needs to muzzle his mouth in general. He feels the need to be this outsized personality everytime he's on tv, and it influences what comes out of his mouth and how he acts on TV.

Also, is a 3 really worse than a 4? No one booed 4 from CA, but God forbid a 3 should be given out, LOL. I do have to give credit to the judges for willing to dole out low scores though. In Pro skating competitions, you rarely saw a score lower than an 8 or 7 (out of 10), regardless of how lousy it was, lol.

following Eden around to the place where we're the only ones who think what we think
    vCash
    Unfortunately, with all the pop personalities and exploitable stories, I think Margaret is going to continue to get overlooked and under-marked

I really liked Jennifer, Kyle, Kurt, and Rick's dances this week (as well as Margaret's-- nice come back!). I hope the top three comes from this batch (with Kurt as my long shot)-- they really light up the dance floor for me and I think really get the character of their dances better than the rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    I suddenly remembered a skit Bolton did on Jimmy Kimmel a few months ago, where he jokingly (?) criticized young singing talent at the School of Michael Bolton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0R21izMZUw

Okay, that was obviously a joke, but Michael Bolton is still a tool in it. Good riddance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyGray View Post
    Unfortunately, with all the pop personalities and exploitable stories, I think Margaret is going to continue to get overlooked and under-marked

Agree. Here's hoping her gay legions have speedy fingers. And perhaps she'll get the kimbots on her side, they are really fanatical with voting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    And I'll have her husband.
    I guess all that's left for me is to take her dance partner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nora_Charles View Post
    As for her presence on the show...why is Audrina there? Or The Situation? (talk about two people who aren't "clever", nor do they rank as Olympians, or astronauts, or entertainers!) Or Michael Bolton, who hasn't been culturally relevant since approx. 1994?
    All those contestants are know for “themselves”, Bristol is known only because of her mother. So if one is not a celebrity or an accomplished person on his/her own – then at least one must have another qualifier to be on a DANCE show – to be able to dance well! and if that is not possible, then at least be clever, or at the very least good looking…. There’s got to be a reason other than “her mother”…..

Quote Originally Posted by Nora_Charles View Post
    I'm no Sarah Palin fan. Far from it. But I don't get why everyone is so down on Bristol. She can't help who her mom is, and just because that's her mom doesn't mean she agrees with everything her mom says/does/believes.
    As a conservative/libertarian/tea-party supporter I still don’t think Bristol should be on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    ETA: It hasn't been called "Masterpiece Theater" for several years. It's just "Masterpiece" and "Masterpiece Mystery."
    No it’s not just that…… there is also “Masterpiece Classic” and “Masterpiece Contemporary”……. and still referred to as “Masterpiece Theatre” during Pledge drives…

Question to the faithful show followers: Why is Maks considered to be a “difficult partner” and with a “huge ego”? I saw him maybe in only 6-7 episodes and seems very fair, honest and a good coach who demands good results....... He is the most normal of them all.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    Question to the faithful show followers: Why is Maks considered to be a “difficult partner” and with a “huge ego”? I saw him maybe in only 6-7 episodes and seems very fair, honest and a good coach who demands good results....... He is the most normal of them all.
    Because he is very tempermental (unsurprising) and at times he's not very good at dealing with meltdowns. IRL in my limited experience he's very nice and approachable, but I've never had a lesson with him or known anyone who has so I don't know what he's like as a teacher. (He gave me nice marks at Yankee a couple years ago, though. ) Also there was that "I've coached world champions" bit he pulled out a while back...well, not so much, especially compared to some of the others. And of course as far as his own competitive record goes he's not THE most accomplished--better than some, fewer titles than Louis or Corky or Jonathan or Karina, for example (and none as prestigious as Louis, Karina, and Corky.)

The one who's really a bit big for his britches is Derek, but he is very laid-back and comes across more goofball so he seems less "mean."

Personally the one I'd want a lesson from of the current crop is Corky. (I might actually get coaching with Shirley if I can swing the money next time she's around.) For my money the best Latin dancers are still UK-school and Corky, weird as he is, has the results to back it up.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415