Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Desperate Housewives 2010-2011 thread

The new season began tonight. This episode seemed cluttered to me. They kept jumping from one character to another when IMO they should have stuck to maybe two storylines and saved the others for future episodes. I'm not sure how I feel about Vanessa Williams's character yet, but in general I don't like people who hurl insults at each other and then do the whole "heh, heh, I was kidding" thing.

Did you notice that the young actress who plays Juanita is almost as tall as Eva Longoria?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I liked the episode, certainly had a lot of LOL moments. I think they were jumping around a lot to hurry up and let the viewers know where the stories were going to be going this season and the upcoming episodes will probably do a better job at taking turns focusing on certain characters and storylines. I complained about this last year but I am so getting tired of a new crazy person moving to the street every year with some secret plan to get revenge or what not. This year it isn't a new person but it is still the same idea used time and time again. Can't they come up with ANYTHING new? I guess they are limited since the entire show is focused on a neighborhood but what about introducing a character who lives elsewhere but has family on the street or is working at a nearby library? I don't know, just an idea but as long as they keep it funny and make me want to know what happens next, I'm good....

I knew the people with the switched child would be Gabby and Carlos, curious how they will handle that. I hope they just decide to let it go because that is their daughter, despite what any DNA test would say. Gabby is superficial but even she wouldn't want to trade for her biological daughter. Storylines like this really remind you how this is a soap opera made for primetime.

Curious what the woman who framed that guy for murder is going to do. Wow, can't remember any names, lol! I think his name is Paul or something. Anyway, she said she has friends on the street too. Whom? I can't think of anyone who would be willing to hurt him. Mike?

Most important of all, what is Paul's plan!? It obviously begins with buying his house back. Hmmm, very very curious about his plans. I guess we will find out in May.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    An okay season premiere.

You'd think Susan and Mike (and MJ) were living on the streets the way they talk about their new apartment. Are viewers supposed to feel bad? For heaven sake, even Gaby handled her and Carlos' financial downturn better.

I've no idea where they're going with the Vanessa Williams character, Renee (?) Did I miss her pulling out a bomb, trying to get in bed with Tom, phoning the heads of an evil, foreign govt., or even Paul Young, for that matter? Good, because hasn't every other new housewife entered with a secret - Angie, Katherine, Alfre Woodard's character - that kind of fell flat (the secrets, not the character).

How long must Bree fool around with <gasp> the handyman, Brian Austin Green? I suppose Megan Fox won't be showing up.

Curious what the woman who framed that guy for murder is going to do. Wow, can't remember any names, lol! I think his name is Paul or something. Anyway, she said she has friends on the street too. Whom? I can't think of anyone who would be willing to hurt him. Mike?
    Felicia, I think. She was very feisty the year she lived on Wisteria, but I forgot if she made any real friends. I hope "the friend" is not Renee.
    Last edited by soxxy; 09-27-2010 at 01:41 PM.

vCash
    Well, if the point of a premiere is to get someone interested in the upcoming season, it worked.

Whatever happened to Zach?

I like what they are doing with Bree's character, but I was fully expecting her to "attack" Brian Austin Green on the spot, lol.

They *NEVER* should have killed off Carl. With Edie gone, too, this show is in dire need of a resident wiseass.

So does Paul need to get back into the house to get his hands on some evidence?

I have to believe that we haven't heard the last of Andrew's involvement in Mama Solis' death, or the switched baby.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I think with respect to Juanita/Carlos/Gabby, I'm guessing that what will happen is that the parents of their biological daughter will end up being bad people or dead with their biological daughter being in foster care or something at this point (since they haven't even been able to locate the family), and then Carlos and Gabby will get to bring their bio daughter home and keep Juanita as well!

I also completely expected bree to just attack Brian Austin Green! Though as much as I like the idea of Bree having an affair with her handy man and all, it's the same storyling as Susan's two years ago! The writers need to come up with soemthing more creative! I wish Carl was still around - it would certainly make Bree's life a lot more interesting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mashenka82 View Post
    I think with respect to Juanita/Carlos/Gabby, I'm guessing that what will happen is that the parents of their biological daughter will end up being bad people or dead with their biological daughter being in foster care or something at this point (since they haven't even been able to locate the family), and then Carlos and Gabby will get to bring their bio daughter home and keep Juanita as well!
    Or perhaps Gabby will initially say that they wouldn't trade Juanita back, but then they'll find the other girl and she'll be just like Gabby... a beauty pageant queen-like persona. At least that's my initial thought. But I like yours better. It ends happier.

vCash
    what happened to carlos? is that the same actor, just thinner and shaven?

vCash
    That's the same actor. Unshaven, less sure about the weight.

Pretty good episode. I am really looking forward to seeing what Paul is planning.

vCash
    Carlos did look thinner to me or at least he appeared to be standing straighter.

vCash
    He does look like he lost weight, but he's been gaining the past few years, so now he looks like he did when the show first started, IMHO.

vCash
    it just seemed to me it was weird not to have his dramatically (at least i thought so) different appearance acknowledged in some small way, just a throwaway line by gabby about how trim he's gotten.

by the way i realize most people probably don't like paul but he is a hero to me for killing that evil woman and i hope he finds a way to do the same to her evil sister. not to mention, she should have a life sentence for what she did.

vCash
    Well he did mention he shaved when the guy from the hospital came to tell him about their daughter being switched. I think that was their acknowledgement of it. They didn't mention the weight loss but they did acknowledge that his appearance was different.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Well he did mention he shaved when the guy from the hospital came to tell him about their daughter being switched. I think that was their acknowledgement of it. They didn't mention the weight loss but they did acknowledge that his appearance was different.
    ok, i missed that. thanks.

vCash
    The actor who plays Carlos (Ricardo Antonio Chavira) did some theater this summer - I saw him in A Streetcar Named Desire in Minneapolis in August. A local newspaper article mentioned that he had to shave (and maybe lose weight, can't remember) for the role, and that they were filming the first few episodes of Desperate Housewives during the play. I'm assuming in a few episodes we will see Carlos with his trademark beard back.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Not an earth-shattering episode last night.

Renee is moving into Edie's old house and Tom tells her that Lynette can never find out what happened "a million years ago" between them. Fine, but after all these years the show should also bring back the bratty daughter Tom had with the nutcase who was shot. What's she like now (the kid)?

Paul Young married a woman who wrote to him in prison and is cold to him now. She entered the episode ditzy carrying a fish in a bowl; too bad she didn't stay that way.

Brian Austin Greene seems a little too perfect as Bree's potential boy toy.

vCash
    Yeah, kind of a boring episode, probably had to move the story lines along to get to where they need to be for sweeps in November. Gabby knows about Juanita, that was quick and I appreciate them not drawing that out all season long. It will be more interesting to see how they deal with it than it would be to see how many times she can come THIS close to finding out without actually finding out.

Paul's wife is an interesting twist. I was really expecting him to shack up with Vanessa Williams' character. Maybe they will but until then I am curious how this plays out. She married him assuming he would never be out, but why? I am sure we will find out plenty about her in the coming weeks.

Brian Austin Green's character is alright but he isn't as good looking as I thought he was. His head is really big, haha. Bree needs to jump his bones and get it over with. I loved the scene when he had her stroking his wood, LMAO, smart writing/directing there.
    -Brian

vCash
    With respect to Paul's new wife: I think she may be a friend of Felicia and she may actually have been sent in there to hill Paul! That's my current guess....

And count me in as someone who's really happy they didn't draw out the Gabby doesn't know about Juanita storyline (as funny as it actually was to watch her decide she must have had an affair!)

vCash
    Oh, yes, I bet she is a friend of Felicia! Felicia mentioned she did have someone in the neighborhood and it has to be her. She probably had her marry him and send him letters on the off chance he ever got out of there. Interesting...
    -Brian

vCash
    I want it to be someone even less obvious, like Vanessa Williams being the friend on Wisteria Lane. The new wife is too obvious and easy to guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I knew the people with the switched child would be Gabby and Carlos, curious how they will handle that. I hope they just decide to let it go because that is their daughter, despite what any DNA test would say. Gabby is superficial but even she wouldn't want to trade for her biological daughter.
    If I were in that situation, I wouldn't be able to rest until I knew where the baby/child I carried 9 months in my belly was. I don't think "just let go" is an option for any mother and I don't think any "solution" is satisfactory.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast