Enjoy tonight's TAR17 premiere. Phil's BACK! Holla (er, can I still say that?) and woot-woot!
So revel as you will during the episode, but be sure to scrutinize the teams and visualize your FSU Predictions roster. Yes, indeed, TAR Predictions "Classic" Style is back.
This will be the first classic contest since TAR14, wherein Impromtu made all we all her own personal concierges (you'd have to think back to "get" that joke), and perennial top 3 divas Lilia A and merrywidow were her bridesmaids. BYTCH pewtered, but yikes that's another story for another day.
So, Classic it is. We'll consider those two Suicide Amazing Race games as my own personal fumble ... in TAR terms, it was my got to whisper this (always) Family Edition ... and then I woke to find Bobby Ewing in my shower.
Amazing Race 17 Predictions Contest
The Amazing Race 17 premieres tonight, 9/26/10, hopefully to great ratings. CBS has been promoting it nicely during football this weekend, their focus aptly on ladies' chests and oddly on the two NY theatre looking/sounding guys.
Onward to the rules. Which are nearly identical to most of the first ~8 versions.
Rules and Scoring:
1. Pick ‘Em: Pick the four teams you feel will score the most points for leg wins and leg runner-up finishes.
a. Scoring: Each time one of your Pick ‘Ems wins a leg, you score 4 points. 2nd place = 3 points. 3rd place = 2 points. Mere advancement = 1 point.
2. Rank ‘Em: Rank all the teams (remaining after the 9/26 episode) in the order you believe they will finish.
a. Scoring: Deviation between your predicted finish for each team and their actual finish result (zero being best-case score) e.g. if I predict Oprah & Gayle to finish 10th, and they end up 2nd, I score "-8" points for those two best friends.
3. Question #1: There are four all-female teams racing TAR17, so as of tonight each has a stab at breaking the TAR winners' glass ceiling. Will one of these duos WIN TAR17? Yes or No?
a. Scoring: 10 points if you are correct.
4. Question #2: Phil's appearance in his swimsuit still has people in some circles buzzing. Will Phil appear sans shirt during TAR17? Yes or No?
a. Scoring: 5 point if you are correct.
1. Entry deadline is 4 PM, US ET, Sunday, 10/2/2010. You may enter at anytime between now and then.
2. As usual, I ask this: Please DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE SPOILED on any results. Most here don't care who wins this silly contest, but we do care not to be spoiled. Someone who seems too perfect will raise, first, my suspicions, and second, my fiery Irish.
3. To help me score, please submit your Pick 'Em and Rank ‘Em predictions as follows:
Bill & Hillary
Barack and Michelle
Vinnie and Snooki
Liddy and Bob
1. Liddy and Bob
2. Vinnie and Snooki
3. Bill & Hillary
4. George and Barbara
5. Barack and Michelle
... and so on ...
Question 1: Yes.
Question 2: Yes.
Good luck, and good pickings!