Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    The phone rang right before TAR started...should have known better but I answered. Was a friend telling me he has to put his cat down this week so I couldn't just hustle him off the phone fortunately all I missed was the team intro and Phil giving the official start.

Seems like the teams split up into groups more than usual this time - there were the top 6 teams at the end and then way back a few more. Good thing the Bickersons wandered all over the castle or else there would ahve been quite a boring stretch.

I'm bummed about the friends being booted right away. Damn, they must have been seriously lost on the road. Did they even do the watermelon challenge? I wonder how long after Team Mensa they came in.

Lots of competitors whose personalities are kinda quirky and endearing right now but who could become annoying (the daughter, Blonde QVC, Beach V-Ball). Especially the daughter - for now, she's totally adorable though.

I can't even imagine how awful it must have been to get smacked in the face with that watermelon. I'm really paranoid about my teeth - I can't believe she didn't get one knocked out!! I bet someone from the challenge set-up team got dinged for that one. How amazing she was able to come back and get the task done so quickly - once she got back in it. I'm sure she took some time, and I hope they had someone from medical to make sure she didn't have whiplash or anything.

Team Mensa They are freakin hilarious. They are so mellow it's impossible to imagine they're not completely stoned.

Not interested in any redemption for Chad. Plus, with so few alpha males there;s no way he's going to dial down the competitiveness.

Whee TAR is back!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I liked the Doctors best. The Father-daughter team seems to work well together but I don't know if fitness will become an issue. The Internet guys seem nice but Dad looks more of a handicap than an assett unless they make it to Asia where language skills could come into play.

I can't believe people go onto the show without knowing how to read maps and drive a manual shift car. The Tatoo Twosome said it right: they are dumb.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post

ETA: I love Phil, but I didn't like him asking tatoo girl what country they were in. It's one thing if she says stupid things on hew own, but I don't like him egging her into it.

I have a feeling Phil has lots to say at the mat. Teasing, questions, kudos, probably wtf were you all thinking kinda things. And they edit most of it out.

Blame the editors for that one. I'm sure they just couldn't resist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emason View Post
    Or know what a battlement is. I was laughing hysterically through that whole exchange.
    I was having flashbacks to Matt from Matt and Gary, aka Pinky and the Brain: "Are you a candle-uh-bruh?"

I expected to hate the hairdresser and Ivy League boy based on their intro, but he actually seemed cool. She was wearing the b-face through much of the episode, so it will be interesting to see how they turn out to be.

Is it me or is the most z list celebs we've had in one season? I really, really wish they'd go back to having a cast of regular joes. However, most of the teams seems quite likable so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    The Internet guys seem nice but Dad looks more of a handicap than an assett unless they make it to Asia where language skills could come into play.
    I think Dad will be a big help in any food challenges as well. He will NOT get grossed out.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    I was having flashbacks to Matt from Matt and Gary, aka Pinky and the Brain: "Are you a candle-uh-bruh?"
    Thank you! I was having flashbacks too, but couldn't for the life of me remember the word.

Whee, my show is back! And they went to somewhere I've been!

So far I like the doctors... is this the most all female teams we've had in one season? (drs/ qvc/ birthmom & daughter/ beach volleyball) Bummed that the friends were knocked off so quickly because they seemed cool, and they weren't over getting so lost.

My mom had to call me because she was so over team tattoo.

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    Best show on TV! Great episode, too (missed it last night, so just watching it on cbs.com). Just a little too much "girl power" for my liking, and a tad too much shrieking from the blonde girl, but it'll even out as they get tired...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    The tattooed people are too stupid for this show. "We're so dumb". Yes, yes you are.
    +1

What I don't understand is they must be fans of the show at this point (I mean really isn't this the 12th season or something) and they've gleaned nothing about world geography, or landmarks, really?

vCash
    so far, my favorite team is the doctors. I expected to hate team home shopping- but kind of don't. I can think of several past teams I would much rather have seen get beaned by a watermelon (cough *weavers* cough).

vCash
    It's the 17 th season, dear! I have Type 2 Diabetes so I have to pull for the Dr. with the diabetes. If anyone should be able to control & understand her medical condition it should be her. I have a problem with my blood sugar dropping too low at times so carry candy in my purse. You cope.
    I hope the tattooed couple stay for awhile. She's hilarious. I laughed when Ron & Tony were eliminated too. What good are college degrees if you can't read a map or understand directions?
    I was afraid that with so many f/f teams it wouldn't be interesting but after seeing them, I'm impressed. I hope they all do well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kedrin View Post
    so far, my favorite team is the doctors. I expected to hate team home shopping- but kind of don't. I can think of several past teams I would much rather have seen get beaned by a watermelon (cough *weavers* cough).
    cough "my ox is broken* cough

cough *flo* cough

And that tool that shoved his wife at the finish line. Except it needed to be a rock, not a watermelon....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    It's fun to imagine how Colin would have reacted had he been smashed in the face with a watermelon...endless possibilities

vCash

I just watched the episode again so I could get a better grasp of the teams.

Jill & Thomas - on paper I probably should hate them, but they really weren't that bad. I think the thing I hate the most about them is the fact that he went to Notre Dame. Michigan State alum, here. Down with the Irish!

Doctors - they're good with navigation.. they were the first to Stonehenge even though they were on the 2nd flight. And I like them.

Gleeks - I'm not going to get attached to them. The singing and stuff might get old if they last long into the season. But I had to laugh my ass off when one of them jumped on the mat and slipped and fell right on his back.

Brook & Claire - major props for the watermelon! This team is like the second coming of Charla & Mirna... I love it. So much enthusiasm!

Volleyball partners - they're allright. They seem kind of a middle-of-the-road team to me, I don't think they're going to make it to the end. And for whatever reason I feel like they're going to be screwed over by a u-turn or victims of being passed when the Express Pass is used.

Gary & Mallory - she certainly is sunshiney, isn't she? I like them, and they deserve major props for not sinking their boat at all!

Michael & Kevin - dad seems like he might be a bit of a hindrance, but I think they'll survive a few more weeks. I was laughing way too hard at their boat attempts...

Chad & Stephanie - on paper I should hate them. And I do.

Andie & Jenna - really interesting team, but they're just kind of awkward around each other. Maybe they will loosen up a bit after a little more traveling.

Team Mensa - the stupidity of this team just kicked me in the gut a few times, since I have a geography degree... but it provided some laughs, so I'll let it slide. This time...

Best Friends - first to the airport, last team to check in. I don't know what happened there...

AFRICA next week!!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    Note to self: I need to learn how to drive stick shift if I ever have any hope of appearing on The Amazing Race.
    Why on earth do these people not practice before they go on the show? Surely by now they must realise that at some point they will have to drive a manual car.

HOW DO YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT STONEHENGE IS?
    I was thinking this as I watched and am glad it isn't just me and my superior Europeanness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post

Andie & Jenna - really interesting team, but they're just kind of awkward around each other.
    Of course, they're awkward around each other. They hardly know each other! Didn't they say that this is only the third time they've met? On what planet is it appropriate to get to know the daughter you gave up for adoption/the mother who gave you up for adoption on a TV show?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I can drive manual, but driving manual on the other side- I've never tried. I imagine it would be pretty weird.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kedrin View Post
    I can drive manual, but driving manual on the other side- I've never tried. I imagine it would be pretty weird.
    No, it's not bad because the clutch is the same as on a US car. It's easy enough to shift with your left hand. (I had to drive a manual panel truck once when I was stationed in England. Talk about hard to drive - it took me two hands to get the stick shift to move! It was like driving a tank or something.)

vCash
    I can barely drive manual (eh- it would probably be better to classify it as "can't") but I think I'd actually do well driving on the wrong side. I spent 4 years of high school shifting for my sister from the passenger seat, because "she didn't want to". She did the clutch and all, but I had to "listen" for when the car needed to be shifted (I got yelled at if I missed it)

I've only driven manual from the drivers seat maybe 3 times. It's just not a need for me, and yet another reason not to go on TAR (couldn't pass medical is #1, and big wuss is #2)

The episode was really good, but I'm shocked at the watermelon. TAR is really lucky they didn't have a decapitated contestant (or a broken neck) and seemed to have gotten away without a broken nose even. Yeah it made for good TV- but it could have made for a horrible tragedy. What the hell went wrong?

Not knowing what Stonehenge is (oh- it's a bunch of rocks) and not realizing you are being mocked when Phil says "that's right, the country of London" is just too stupid for words. (When asked what country you are in, I could forgive the answer of London, assuming you can correct yourself. These people are probably really tired.)

All in all, it was a good leg, but I hate the first few episodes- too many people, too much yelling.

vCash
    No, it's not bad because the clutch is the same as on a US car
    I wondered whether the clutch was the same. That would make it easier. I drive a postal-jeep, so I'm used to sitting on the other side.

vCash
    I was just over at CBS.com and looking at and watching team bios. Thomas' pet peeve about Jill is that she always has spelling errors.

Gosh that Brooke can sure talk up a storm. She seems to be Mirna 2.0. Let's just see if she has any phony accents up her sleeve.

vCash

cough *flo* cough

And that tool that shoved his wife at the finish line. Except it needed to be a rock, not a watermelon....
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    It's fun to imagine how Colin would have reacted had he been smashed in the face with a watermelon...endless possibilities

No kidding!!!

Flo
    Colin
    Mirna??
    OMG Tara!! and Wil too.

Rob ...hmm maybe his brain might figure out how to spell "Philippines" correctly after a good ol' smack in the face.
    Karlyn

and many many more...

BRANDY!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast