Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Clueless American
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    cough *flo* cough
    I had a Flo flashback when I saw those round boats. Wasn't it a little round boat that stymied Flo?

Great episode. The sinking boats had me laughing. The "dumb" couple are too much! Then there was Chad who couldn't find Phil. And the team who were first at the airport are last and eliminated.

vCash
    I wonder what it would be like if The Amazing Race, instead of the current format with tandems with existing relationships, had one of the following format:

Before they begin The Amazing Race, the tandems are split up into new tandems for the remainder of the race. The first tandem to cross the finish line wins a million dollars, as usual. But if any of their original partners make it to the final round with their new partners, those tandems also win a million dollars. (Nah, it wouldn't work.)

I favor this format: individuals apply to be on the show (as opposed to tandems), and are paired at random before the race begins. While it's interesting to see existing relationships tested, throwing two people together with no relationship between them and sending them out on a race for a million dollars would be fascinating.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDSSF View Post
    I favor this format: individuals apply to be on the show (as opposed to tandems), and are paired at random before the race begins. While it's interesting to see existing relationships tested, throwing two people together with no relationship between them and sending them out on a race for a million dollars would be fascinating.
    Disagree - I think a very significant reason this show is so great is because of the existing relationships among the teams. Team Gilmore Girls is a novelty, because they don't know each other but there's still relationship tension there, but if we saw all teams who have no relationship it would get old after about 1 episode.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    It's the 17 th season, dear!

Is it really???

I've seen every one, but that still shocks me.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbalinGirl View Post
    What I don't understand is they must be fans of the show at this point (I mean really isn't this the 12th season or something) and they've gleaned nothing about world geography, or landmarks, really?
    Like Survivor, this show recruits and also casts people who apply for other reality shows but are referred to TAR, so these two may have never seen the show before or have seen only a few select episodes so they know how the race works.

I don't know anything about this particular pair or any of this cast; I just know a little about the way the casting works in general.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    No, it's not bad because the clutch is the same as on a US car. It's easy enough to shift with your left hand.
    Really? I've done it a few times from the passenger seat and find it really awkward--although not as awkward as it would be if the clutch were reversed .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDSSF View Post
    Use Andie & Jenna as examples of this... they're just awkward around each other because they don't know anything about the other person. No sense of what the strengths and weaknesses are.. while perhaps some of the random couplings would work out, I imagine most would be like this, and there wouldn't be as much drama and fighting (which, you have to say, is at least part of what makes the show entertaining) out of respect that they're teamed up with a total stranger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    BRANDY!!
    Brandy would've screamed at the watermelon, calling it ignorant and dumb for not targeting a better team.

Either that or her twig of a neck would've snapped off.

vCash
    And if this were Dancing with the Stars, Jennifer could say "I carried a watermelon."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Is it really???

I've seen every one, but that still shocks me.
    Me too! I even watched the entire season which shall not be named!!!

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Disagree - I think a very significant reason this show is so great is because of the existing relationships among the teams. Team Gilmore Girls is a novelty, because they don't know each other but there's still relationship tension there, but if we saw all teams who have no relationship it would get old after about 1 episode.
    Love the nickname!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Love the nickname!
    For me that nickname will forever belong to Team Boricua (the mother and daughter who got eliminated in Germany many seasons ago). Since these two only just met it doesn't seem as fit...

Was naturally rooting for the doctors from the start, and was relieved to not be disappointed so far. I hadn't caught that they were the team with the diabetic member, but for her sake I'm relieved - her medical training should get her through the race ok especially being a surgeon (who don't especially have the luxury of eating at regular hours, so she'd already have good practice at regulating her blood sugar).

Like others I don't want to get too attached to Team Glee but I hope they make it at least halfway. I don't know about the father from the YouTube team but he might surprise later.

And finally, much props to Claire for getting though after the watermelon hit. I'd seen a clip but ouch. Thank goodness it wasn't worse.

So glad to have the race back!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456