Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    To each their own.
    I'm going to enjoy watching the programs/skating of both Abbott and Rippon this season.

They have different styles; and coaches who can help them develop their strengths to the maximum.
    I think that it's a great time to be a "fan" of the discipline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby View Post
    Like who? I want to know!
    E.g. Candeloro, Kulik, Urmanov and Yagudin used to be extremely popular in Japan. These days Plushenko & many of his competitors (Lambiel, Joubert, etc.), I would say...

vCash
    Posted by Lynn Rutherford on Twitter as to what will probably happen in Portland at SA

LynnRutherford ARippon teleconf: Says he's fine for Skate America; no after effects from practice collision last wk, exc. for black eye and stiff shoulder.

Uncertain about doing 4T in Portland; will see how it goes. Hopes to do at nationals. Will work to get all L4 spins. IN article to follow.
    about 1 hour ago via web

vCash
    IN article is up now: Black-eyed Rippon ready to move on

vCash

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I'm going to enjoy watching the programs/skating of both Abbott and Rippon this season.

They have different styles; and coaches who can help them develop their strengths to the maximum.
    I think that it's a great time to be a "fan" of the discipline.
    Yes, skating-wise, I much prefer Jeremy and Adam over Evan and Johnny any day!

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    "When I first came to skate [with coach Brian Orser in 2008], I was shy to show him the Lutz with one arm, because Boitano was such a famous rival of his. I didn't know if [Orser] would never want to talk to me again, I had no idea."

Orser encouraged the move; eventually, Rippon was goaded into trying something even more challenging.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figsrus View Post
    OMG ! It's very violent !
    I wonder how those guys stand up well !

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    This! Well, mostly I don't find his skating small and amplitude is something he doesn't lack either. He didn't skate as fast as he can at Skate Canada - the crash? Narrower rink? He's by no means the fastest, but I've never thought of him as slow other than into his triple axel which he still stalks a little.

Thanks for the link to his exhibition Sylvia. What absolutely beautiful skating. You can see a little of John Curry in this I think. In his Skating magazine interview he talks about John's influence on his skating. Oh and he has the best landing positions of any of the current men IMO. So beautiful
    I had the good fortune of seeing Adam's exhibition, not only at the Gala, but at the morning practice. I love the music to "Cinema Paradiso"..have since I heard it as background music to a Kwan retrospective post-98 Olympics..There is a poignancy and a delicacy to the music (IMO)..which along with Adam's sensitivity..made this a memorable exhibition for me. It's been more than 7 years since a practice made me weep..Adam's exhibition had that effect on me...twice in one day...

vCash
    BTW, Adam was not only skating post collision, he was also skating with a cold and an exacerbation of asthma per the Vancouver Sun. Pretty good performance considering all the hurdles (literal and figurative, Chan being one of them ) he had to surmount

vCash
    Next cover of International Figure Skating magazine: http://twitpic.com/33113a

vCash
    I just love Adam hope he wins nationals this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Next cover of International Figure Skating magazine: http://twitpic.com/33113a
    I have already read this article in the digital edition. Well, just want to wish Adam to stay healthy and skate his best. Love his "Romeo".

vCash
    "When I first came to skate [with coach Brian Orser in 2008], I was shy to show him the Lutz with one arm, because Boitano was such a famous rival of his. I didn't know if [Orser] would never want to talk to me again, I had no idea."
    LOL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345