Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

vCash
    floskate, for your post.
    I'm looking forward to seeing Adam's Japan Open FS.

I believe that Orser is a fine coach; and a "good fit" for Adam.
    Everyone he works with seems to skate with confidence; built on sound technique.
    He works with the capabilities and assets of his skaters to achieve the best possible result.

What more could you ask for, from any coach?

vCash
    Technically, Rippon has everything, except a quad.
    In fact, he is so incredibly technically sound in every area of the skating that to me he's truly unique.
    He may lack some expression but he already is SO freaking good.
    It's a joy to watch a skater like that and I wish he fulfils his potential to the fullest.

Adam for Sochi gold!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclare View Post
    Rippon just scored 166.63 and won the Men's free skate at the Japan Open. If anyone caught the online tv stream it was amazing!
    I have been following the Orser - Kim saga and I have come to the conclusion that either Rippon is the hardest working skater out there or Orser is a great coach. He looked so much more mature, his stroking was smooth, jumps bigger and solid spot on triple axels. It was different not a typical Wilson smooth and flowing program and he sold it. I was impressed, the straight line is...!!!!
    Can't wait to see it posted on Youtube. I think that your statement " either Rippon is the hardest working skater out there or Orser is a great coach" should read, "Rippon is the hardest working skater out there and Orser is a great coach". In Korea, I was having a discussion about Adam with Brian and David Wilson. They told me that they have to tell him to get off the ice at times.

vCash
    Thanks floskate and Triplebutz for your knowledgeable comments. I enjoyed reading your posts.

Thanks for the news of Adam's recent performance, Sinclare!

vCash
    He beat out both Dai and Plushy?

Impressive.

vCash
    Such a score without a quad at an early season event, and while still getting lower PCS than Plushenko (aka being hosed). Very impressive.

vCash
    I don't want to jinx him, but this year may turn out to be a huge one for him.

vCash
    If Evan doesnt return, and I highly doubt he will, it will probably be pretty easy for Adam to take over as the top American man this year.

vCash
    Rippon's scores were almost exactly like Lysacek's at the Olympics. 84/82. Like the only thing he could do add difficulty is move all the jumps to the second half LOL or add a quad. If Takahashi had been perfect Takahashi would have beaten Rippon by 3 points. He could seem more expressive and into it and he may be overdoing the tano effect a little but that was really neat and clean and good.

vCash
    Adam really kicked butt at the Japan Open.

http://video.fc2.com/content/1010FSJ...01003n46XYs64/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Such a score without a quad at an early season event, and while still getting lower PCS than Plushenko (aka being hosed). Very impressive.
    well Dai popped a jump and slowed down a little at the end, i think he will sell the program more as times passes and get 9.0s across the board and Plushenko looked like he went for picnic, hasnt skated this layout since he was a junior but regardless of this competition Adam's program is really polished and has a great flow, and love his costume, great improvement, he looks a grown up man now! I m not sure I liked three tano jump combo though..too much for Goe?

vCash
    I loved the three tano combo, it felt like he was really marking the program as his own. He knows what makes him unique in the field and he's working it.

Also, how cute was the look on his face at the end? The joy and pride on his face was infectious.

Great job, Adam.

vCash
    WOW!!!! Very impressive for this early in the season. I can't wait to see how this program evolves over the next 6 months if it's this good now.

vCash
    WOW. Already a lot of Ripporgasming so early in the season. I feel the need to wipe the screen down.

vCash
    Loves Shizuka, where's the icon for wiping tears of laughter from my eyes. Oh, gosh, you've coined a new term for ubers' breathless praise of their faves ... the term works so well with Adam's last name. Not so great with ... DaiOrgasming; WeirOrgasming; LysaOrgasming; PlushOrgasming; LambiOrgasming; JoubOrgasming; ChanOrgasming; RyBradOrgasming ... and so on. And "wiping down the screen..." What a visual!

If you go back and read the comments here, surely you'll see for the most part that the love for Adam and his new program is tempered with the knowledge that this is just the beginning of the season, and he of course, still has lots of room for improvement. But what a great start for him! You can't deny that. Plus it's obvious that Adam has been putting in a lot of hard work (just as most skaters do), and he's deservedly happy seeing the hard work pay off after his first performance of the season. There's still a long way to go... of course. But hey, what's wrong with fans stopping to smell the roses along the way?

And anyway, some comments here are obviously not from ubers necessarily. When a skater does well, there's usually a kind of "bandwagon" effect that tends to go away when the skater isn't doing as well. This is Adam's time to shine, and if he continues to deliver ... well then, maybe even you will be surprising yourself with an orgasmic outburst of your own, or two or three. Unless you are not so neutral when it comes to the guys, and you have your own favorite crush you are pulling for most of all ... Please kiss and tell

Me, I've always loved Johnny, and I barely had eyes for anyone else. But it didn't stop me from appreciating the sweet skills and charm of Lambiel, the athleticism, sex appeal and charisma of Brian Joubert, the cool risk-taking of Dai Takahashi, as well as the largely unheralded artistic chops/ sublime skating of Ryan Jahnke, Matt Savoie, and (circa 2007) the up-and-coming dancer/skater, Jeremy Abbott (who btw, if he's conquered some demons, may well have a lot to say about whether Adam will be able to take his title). And too, I've always had a secret crush on Ryan Bradley, ever since I first saw him skate onto the ice at senior Nationals in 2000 with this huge infectious grin and the most gorgeous, manly long legs -- huge jumps, and the way he knew how even then to share his joy with the audience.

As for current Olympic champ, Lysacek, he seemed like an overeager puppy dog his first year at senior Nationals, and I found him quite appealing. But then the overzealous promotion of him by his fed over everyone else, just spoiled my view of him. Plus after winning his first World bronze, Lysacek morphed from a eager puppy dog into a black wolf with hungry eyes -- like overnight. I missed that sweet, longlegged Singin' in the Rain kid ... and he never returned, except perhaps we saw a glimmer of that former kid after Lysacek finally reached his Olympic goal, began to relax a little and then spread his wings on Dancin' with the Stars. Still, the system can corrupt, and Lysacek unfortunately (IMO) seems more than a bit corrupted. I suppose that happens to us all in one way or another.

Again, that's another reason to just sit back for now and enjoy Adam, and root for him, and pray that we'll always see those bright eyes and shining smile. Someone called him a "twink" here. Not exactly sure what that means, but IMO, Adam is no pushover, and that's another reason to hope he can traverse the difficult passage of reaching and staying at the top with his innermost joy and love for figure skating intact.

Here's another wonderful portent about Adam (okay, wipe down your screen) I’ll never forget how Adam handled the discomfort he felt at being advised by his former coach to straighten his curly locks. He did what the coach suggested, and ended up making a huge impression with his programs … winning Junior Nationals and Junior Worlds. Some fans began comparing his talents (or was it his programs) to those of Johnny Weir. At the same time that Adam was winning with straight hair, he was also fearlessly saying to the media, “It was my coach’s idea for me to straighten my hair. I like my curly hair better.” In other words, “This is who I am. I like who I am. I’m not afraid to be who I am, and still win.” He went back to his curly locks, eventually found a new coach, and he’s still a winner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Loves Shizuka, where's the icon for wiping tears of laughter from my eyes. Oh, gosh, you've coined a new term for ubers' breathless praise of their faves ... the term works so well with Adam's last name. Not so great with ... DaiOrgasming; WeirOrgasming; LysaOrgasming; PlushOrgasming; LambiOrgasming; JoubOrgasming; ChanOrgasming; RyBradOrgasming ... and so on. And "wiping down the screen..." What a visual!

If you go back and read the comments here, surely you'll see for the most part that the love for Adam and his new program is tempered with the knowledge that this is just the beginning of the season, and he of course, still has lots of room for improvement. But what a great start for him! You can't deny that. Plus it's obvious that Adam has been putting in a lot of hard work (just as most skaters do), and he's deservedly happy seeing the hard work pay off after his first performance of the season. There's still a long way to go... of course. But hey, what's wrong with fans stopping to smell the roses along the way?

And anyway, some comments here are obviously not from ubers necessarily. When a skater does well, there's usually a kind of "bandwagon" effect that tends to go away when the skater isn't doing as well. This is Adam's time to shine, and if he continues to deliver ... well then, maybe even you will be surprising yourself with an orgasmic outburst of your own, or two or three. Unless you are not so neutral when it comes to the guys, and you have your own favorite crush you are pulling for most of all ... Please kiss and tell

Me, I've always loved Johnny, and I barely had eyes for anyone else. But it didn't stop me from appreciating the sweet skills and charm of Lambiel, the athleticism, sex appeal and charisma of Brian Joubert, the cool risk-taking of Dai Takahashi, as well as the largely unheralded artistic chops/ sublime skating of Ryan Jahnke, Matt Savoie, and (circa 2007) the up-and-coming dancer/skater, Jeremy Abbott (who btw, if he's conquered some demons, may well have a lot to say about whether Adam will be able to take his title). And too, I've always had a secret crush on Ryan Bradley, ever since I first saw him skate onto the ice at senior Nationals in 2000 with this huge infectious grin and the most gorgeous, manly long legs -- huge jumps, and the way he knew how even then to share his joy with the audience.

As for current Olympic champ, Lysacek, he seemed like an overeager puppy dog his first year at senior Nationals, and I found him quite appealing. But then the overzealous promotion of him by his fed over everyone else, just spoiled my view of him. Plus after winning his first World bronze, Lysacek morphed from a eager puppy dog into a black wolf with hungry eyes -- like overnight. I missed that sweet, longlegged Singin' in the Rain kid ... and he never returned, except perhaps we saw a glimmer of that former kid after Lysacek finally reached his Olympic goal, began to relax a little and then spread his wings on Dancin' with the Stars. Still, the system can corrupt, and Lysacek unfortunately (IMO) seems more than a bit corrupted. I suppose that happens to us all in one way or another.

Again, that's another reason to just sit back for now and enjoy Adam, and root for him, and pray that we'll always see those bright eyes and shining smile. Someone called him a "twink" here. Not exactly sure what that means, but IMO, Adam is no pushover, and that's another reason to hope he can traverse the difficult passage of reaching and staying at the top with his innermost joy and love for figure skating intact.

Here's another wonderful portent about Adam (okay, wipe down your screen) I’ll never forget how Adam handled the discomfort he felt at being advised by his former coach to straighten his curly locks. He did what the coach suggested, and ended up making a huge impression with his programs … winning Junior Nationals and Junior Worlds. Some fans began comparing his talents (or was it his programs) to those of Johnny Weir. At the same time that Adam was winning with straight hair, he was also fearlessly saying to the media, “It was my coach’s idea for me to straighten my hair. I like my curly hair better.” In other words, “This is who I am. I like who I am. I’m not afraid to be who I am, and still win.” He went back to his curly locks, eventually found a new coach, and he’s still a winner.

Aftershocks...thoughtful and on spot summation! Give him a chance to grow. Abbott is 5 years older than Rippon for now I think Rippon is the most consistent skater the US has. It is competitive sport after all. That is much different that declaring him to have the best skating skills in the world. His skills will develop. I do like his confidence and he seems to be polite and grounded and loves skating. That joyful face after a solid performance is the best part of his skating. It makes me want to go to 6:15 freestyle sessions!

vCash
    Ripporgasming for me it is!! I so totally love Adam, he reminds me of good old-fashioned skating of the 80ies and early 90ies, and that's a compliment!

Can't wait to follow him this season!!!

vCash
    Looks like Adam in following in the footsteps of Johnny Weir with respect to his Japanese fans! He was met at the airport and he received a massive flower arrangement from his Japanese Juliets (Adam Rippon Project) similar to those received by Johnny!

http://photozou.jp/photo/show/645140/51830035

vCash
    I think fans in Japan or Korea from my european point of view are generally a little bit crazy. )) I can remember that Lambiel, Abbott etc. have got such nice greeting at airports with flowers, gifts and so on. Adam wrote in April 2009 that he has got gifts from his Korean fans for all siblings and his mom. ))

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Rippon's fans might also be glad to know that he will be the featured cover story in the upcoming October issue of SKATING magazine.
    The October issue is now online: http://www.usfigureskating.org/About.asp?id=467

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast