View Poll Results: Jeremy Abbott's new LP: yay or nay?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • yay

151 79.06%
  • nay

17 8.90%
  • not sure

23 12.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jeremy Abbott's new LP: yay or nay?

His performance is up on youtube if you search the most recent videos of Jeremy. It's definitely one of the more original ones I've heard for a skating program. The cut is interesting and unpredictable, but it's easy to max out on choreography (not necessarily in a good way) with all the emotional shifts in the music.

Abbott almost seems like the new Buttle. Aside from the other similarities, he's got a knack for orchestral programs. This program's not that hopeful, though, and I think it can get a bit depressing and maybe even detract from the energy level, especially in comparison to the flow and attack that Takahashi had.
    Last edited by Kwantumleap; 10-25-2010 at 06:40 AM.

vCash
    I just finished watching it and I loved it. The programme seems really...different from the ones he's usually done - this one is more 'mainstream', I suppose. The footwork sequence in the middle to the playful beats of the music was really nice, and I didn't like that my favourite part of the LIB score wasn't used but pleasantly enough it came on eventually and Jeremy just moved so well to it. I'm excited to see how the programme will look like once it's matured, and I'm hoping the underrotated jumps won't persist throughout the season.

Oh, and he needs to lose the LP costume, stat. The SP one, too. Speaking of the SP, now that one I didn't care for at all - there was much too much going on with his hands and arms throughout the entire performance. A little subtlety goes a long, long way with me.

vCash
    I love it!

vCash
    It is a beautiful, a very beautiful program.
    Soft music, nice costume, intricate choreography, light and touching, very subtle.
    I don't like the last step sequence, but this program is full of little things I discover each time I watch it. And the entrance into the 3Salchow is wonderful !

vCash
    Abbott went directly after Takahashi at NHK. I was worried that any program going after that would feel flat; but Abbott's did not. It's really intricate and interesting, and I felt it was one of the few men's programs I've seen so far this year that can compete with that of Takahashi.

Abbott's program is really different, and I feel it suits him well.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    It's already wonderful.
    I look forward to watching it develop throughout the season.

vCash
    Definitely gets a yay from me! I enjoyed seeing both his new programs and loved the freeskate; I think (and hope) it will only get better from NHK. And I hope he continues to show the confidence he had this weekend; it was wonderful to see.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    I love it, I think it's gorgeous.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Having seen the movie, his LP moved me and I thought it was exquisite. I thought he put a lot of emotion into it and expressed it so well to the audience.

vCash
    If anyone has not done so, please see the movie - 'La Vita e bella' or 'Life is Beautiful'. Be ready to grab a handkerchief

Jeremy's LP is wonderful as usual, but it's a special pleasure for me to watch it because of this music. There is an especially haunting piece of the music that Jeremy doesn't really utilize except for a brief excerpt towards the end of his LP. It sounds like an old broken piano played solo [I don't know how else to describe it. Sorry] Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

vCash
    wuzrobbed of a "yay yay yay" option.

Amazing program, and this is saying a lot since this weekend was the first competition for it. Looking forward to seeing JA develop it and add to the nuances as the season plays out.

vCash
    Loved it. There's so much to discover in that program. And I was moved emotionally even if it was the first time out.

vCash
    Yeah, I liekd it, and I liked the little dance he did at NHK when he was coming off the ice. lol.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Abbott went directly after Takahashi at NHK. I was worried that any program going after that would feel flat; but Abbott's did not. It's really intricate and interesting, and I felt it was one of the few men's programs I've seen so far this year that can compete with that of Takahashi.
    Abbott followed Takahashi for the short program, but not for the LP, right? I do agree that in the SP he built on the excitement of the previous program, where it could have easily felt a bit like Kwiatkowski's LP at US Nats in 1998.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I think it has lots of potential, but just saw it on icenetwork. Needs much more pizzazz and energy (and some color in his outfit) to be noticed next to Takahashi. It seems to have great technical and artistic components on its own, but he needs to step it up in competition if he wants to be noticed.

vCash
    Very much captures the spirit of the movie and the personality of the main character. Yippee yay.

vCash
    A reluctant yay.

I like his previous three LPs more, but this one is still pretty nice.

vCash
    Loved it. It seemed to fly by, I was so mesmerized. I will enjoy seeing this one again and again.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Title-less
    vCash
    I perfer his waltz and tango, but like this one better than Saint Saens.

vCash
    I like this delightful program, (and that worries me). The only other program of his I liked right off the bat was the Waltz LP from a couple years back. It took me a while to warm up to 8 seasons (because of the music- it was amazing choreography) , and the Saint Saens didn't make any kind of sense to me at first. It was a great vehicle for his skating, though.

Does anyone think the Life is Beautiful program is too "North American" for European and Asian Judges? (Yes, I know it's from an Italian Movie soundtrack)

It will be interesting to see how this program matures. I especially like the playful step sequence mid way through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast