Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash

Davis & White #8 - Gnarly Marlie and the Silver Stars

So I got a bit creative with the title.

I've seen the nickname Marlie being tossed about and I like it. It made me think of the word, "gnarly," and who doesn't love 90s skate board slang? Gnarly Marlie.

According to urbandictionary:
    gnarly: when you've gone beyond radical, beyond extreme, it's balls out danger, & or perfection, & or skill or all of that combined

Remember, no Olympic stuff in here, or else the admins will probably move this thread (like the last one) to the Olympic folder. Maybe further Olympic discussion can take place in there, and other stuff (like Worlds!) can be in here.

vCash
    I like Marlie too!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    The news programs in Detroit filmed them coming home from Vancouver last night. Charlie was wearing glasses. Both said they were exhausted and were looking forward to some rest for the next couple of days before resuming training. The Detroit media simply loves these two!

vCash
    Great title!! I love Marlie, too! And they so fit the definition of gnarly!

Charlie often wears glasses when he's off the ice. Guess he can see okay when he's on the ice, can't imagine trying to skate with contacts in!

I'll bet they are exhausted. Soon be training for Worlds. Wow, what a totally season they have had! How long before we start discussing their music choices for next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Guess he can see okay when he's on the ice,
    I sure hope so! The glasses are awfully cute, though!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I just received an email from the Providence, RI, "Dunkin Donuts Center" arena. They say that SOI will be there April 18, and Charlies and Meryl will be performing.

vCash
    The closest SOI I can make is Orlando. Come on, Marlie, don't you guys want to go to Disney World?

vCash
    Come on, Marlie, don't you guys want to go to Disney World?
    Or Disneyland?

vCash
    Love the title!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Love the title!!
    Thanks. I was going to do "Gnarly Marlie, the Silver Stars" (in honor of their silver medal) but "Gnarly Marlie and the Silver Stars" sounded like an awesome band name, so I couldn't resist.

Just a heads up again, D/W are performing at Ice Chips in Boston April 10-11. There's a thread in GSD about it.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Charlie often wears glasses when he's off the ice. Guess he can see okay when he's on the ice, can't imagine trying to skate with contacts in!
    He said in an interview that he hit his head on the sink before the FD when he dropped his contacts case in the sink, so he must wear them when he skates.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Thanks for creating the thread out here literaryfreak. I too love the title.

Does anyone know which cities on the SOI tour Marlie will be at? Please let St. Louis be one of them!!

vCash
    And Washington, D.C.!!

vCash
    Zoueva in an interview indicated that the Mahler LP that she choreographed was a gift to the Canadian people, her adopted country. The one nagging doubt that I have always had and the above statement makes even stronger is whether she is capable of and willing to give Davis and White the best programs that she can. Will she always be giving Virtue and Moir and Canadian couples to come what might be better choreography and tricks thanShpilband's American couples, regardless of their abilities?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Zoueva in an interview indicated that the Mahler LP that she choreographed was a gift to the Canadian people, her adopted country. The one nagging doubt that I have always had and the above statement makes even stronger is whether she is capable of and willing to give Davis and White the best programs that she can. Will she always be giving Virtue and Moir and Canadian couples to come what might be better choreography and tricks thanShpilband's American couples, regardless of their abilities?
    I think it's pretty clear that she is playing to the strengths of each team. D/W could not have done justice to the Mahler program, and V/M would have not done as good a job with Phantom. End of conspiracy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that she is playing to the strengths of each team. D/W could not have done justice to the Mahler program, and V/M would have not done as good a job with Phantom. End of conspiracy
    ITA.

Also, what about Igor's statement after the CD that D&W are "the best skaters in the world"????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post

Also, what about Igor's statement after the CD that D&W are "the best skaters in the world"????
    He was talking to an American newspaper, what do you expect? No different from Marina saying V/M are the best when she talks to a Canadian newspaper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    He was talking to an American newspaper, what do you expect? No different from Marina saying V/M are the best when she talks to a Canadian newspaper.
    Actually what I expect is for neither coach to be that open to the press about what team they prefer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    ITA.

He was referring to the OD here, and was basing his comments on the fact that D/W had the highest scores of the season among the contenders for their OD. This comment has been taken out of context to prove his support for D/W at V/M's expense. It was nothing of the sort. D/W did have the best OD scores going into Vancouver. There is nothing conspiratorial about this.

vCash
    I like Marlie too!!

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast