vCash

footballer turns figure skater and eyes 2014 olys

Ilhan Mansiz competed once for Turkey as a footballer but now after winning the Turkish version of Stars On Ice he has been bitten by the skating bug. Now him and his partner Oli Bestandigova hopes to make it to Sochi 2014. Good luck to both.

http://rt.com/Top_News/2010-09-24/fo...ic-skater.html

vCash
    Well good luck to him I say. I doubt he will make it but stranger things have happened. If he does get to Sochi what a wonderful media storm it will make, in the very best way of course.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Fun story! Will make for great fluff pieces.

vCash
    I at least had an excuse of the topic being buried deep down the GSD but it's front page there at the moment, you know.

vCash
    Interesting. This beats the story of a hockey player becoming a pairs skater (Cutting Edge and the real life story of Natalia Mishkutionok & her first husband skating as a pro pair). At least hockey players are used to skating on the ice for long periods. I assume that by 'footballer' they mean a soccer player. That's such a different surface! I assume he knew ice skating as a hobby or something. I can't imagine someone starting ice skating at age 33 and then aiming for the Olympics in just 4 years (or something like that). If this pair makes it to the Olympics in Sochi, it's going to generate a lot of fluff pieces, and interesting ones.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I at least had an excuse of the topic being buried deep down the GSD but it's front page there at the moment, you know.
    Well, at least Buzz has got it right and called him a footballer.
    Last edited by orientalplane; 09-25-2010 at 08:19 AM.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    There is already a thread on this in GSD

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74744
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry