Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Apprentice

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Stephanie said in her show end update that she's now employed by the Trump "Network" (?) as a spokesperson. That seems odd. I would think for the time being the winner would be the first to get a Trump position. <shrug>

vCash
    Neither one did an exceptional job, but I think Stephanie had more potential than Liza! Liza is by far the weakest contestant left and I'm truly shocked she wasn't fired weeks ago. What does Trump see in her?

vCash
    I was hoping Trump would fire them both. Liza for being incompetent and Stephanie for being Stephanie!
    I guess Liza is around for the drama!
    Steuart and Brandi have seemed weak recently, Clint is coming on strong.
    Should be an interesting finale!

vCash
    Basically, every week this season, I am telling Trump from my living room to just fire them all and put us out of our misery.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    My take is Trump wants Brandy for last female standing so it was the perfect opportunity to dump Stephanie. There is no way he considered Liza more worthy. Stephanie isn't right for the Apprentice but I thought it really showed on Trump's face how impressed he was with her presentation so I'm not surprised to hear she got some offer. She's a bit shrill in this competitive setting but when she's also very focused and articulate in a different setting ie. a spokesperson.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Thanks for the updates. I fell asleep during this past week's show and didn't see the presentations and results. That said, I find both Stephanie and Trump (Sr.) off-putting. Match made in heaven?

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Right out of the box Steuart got cast in a bad light when he laughed at Clint for not knowing how to pronouce "Cristal" correctly and painting himself as a "New York" kind of guy. Actually, Steuart laughed throughout the whole episode, and he was funny a lot.

I thought the watch the women were selling was ugly.

Why didn't Trump just dump Liza last night?

vCash
    Surprised they had a double firing - but then only had time to fire Steuart. So I guess next week's episode will begin with one of the woman being fired. Duh, wonder who that's gonna be.

vCash
    Trump's gonna pick Brandy cuz he lurrrrrrrrrrrves her and thinks he can you know what if he hires her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    Trump's gonna pick Brandy cuz he lurrrrrrrrrrrves her and thinks he can you know what if he hires her.
    Especially after she made the comment that she liked older men! He was very flattered!!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Maybe the secret to Trump keeping Liza around for so long is her ability to play golf well. One of Trump's rules of success, "Play golf."

Oh, please, with fulfilling "Miss Minnelli's rider," although her name needs to be spelled correctly on the promotional material. derrrr....

ETA: Looks like next week is not a live finale.
    Last edited by soxxy; 12-03-2010 at 01:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Maybe the secret to Trump keeping Liza around for so long is her ability to play golf well. One of Trump's rules of success, "Play golf."

Oh, please, with fulfilling "Miss Minnelli's rider," although her name needs to be spelled correctly on the promotional material. derrrr....
    You mean Miss Minelli!

I have a hunch that Trump is going to give Liza the contestant a job in his golf business.

vCash
    F2 - suprise, one female, one male, the female is attractive.
    trump is very nice towards Liza, the contestant.
    In general this season he seems nicer to the 'losers'. In the past he has been really mean, and not constructive in his criticism.

Mahsa - on the phone, with the hand gestures. SNL should use that in a skit, just too funny.

So I assume some one official called the photographer and said to go to the wrong place or just call and say they were in the wrong place, and same official called the caterer and said cancel. Too obvious.

Brandy - really seemed competent early on, but she is coming across passive. But Clint's spelling mistake.

Snoopyskate - so true, Liza will get a job, Stephanie did.

vCash
    Oh, please, with fulfilling "Miss Minnelli's rider,"
    Such contractural requests are usual for guest appearances.

I have a hunch that Trump is going to give Liza the contestant a job in his golf business.
    He wants her to play golf with him, to assess her for the position

I wonder if the catering "problem" was "created" to see how Clint responds

vCash
    This is the first season I've watched the show. Other than the few references to what happened to some of the contestants when they were fired, do we ever find out "Where are they now?" for the rest of the cast?
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    You called it.

That was ridiculous. Here's my Cliff's Notes version of the boardroom:

Trump: Clint, you did great, no major glitches. We are snobs and do not like that you sound like you are from Texas. Or quite possibly, we do not like that you are from Texas. Why should you be the Apprentice?

Clint: Because I am capable and qualified.

Trump: Brandy, you f*cked up the prizes. And you f*cked up the opening. And you f*cked up my golf team And no one knows what you ever did on the show before this except whine. Why should you be the Apprentice?

Brandy: I am not Clint. And I think you are brilliant (I mean hot). And I think your kids are brilliant. Suck up, suck up, suck up.

Trump: Brandy, my third wife is past 40 now. You're hired.

Clueless American
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    This is the first season I've watched the show. Other than the few references to what happened to some of the contestants when they were fired, do we ever find out "Where are they now?" for the rest of the cast?
    This is the first time they did "where are they now" at the end of the show segments so I don't know. I thought it was odd that we didn't get to hear Clint in a cab or anything. Of course the finale was so different since it wasn't live with an audience like usual.

I thought Clint was going to win, but I really think what hurt him was the rest of the cast. Only Steuart and Mahsa backed him and only half-heartedly. Brandy got Poppy's endorsement who was working for Clint, Annand who worked for the men all season backed her, a glowing review from Stephanie and Liza saying that she only said Clint was stronger before because she didn't want to go against Brandy. I also think Clint's answer about working in Scotland was odd.

vCash
    I didn't think the Scotland answer was odd at all. He was expecting the question and had a specific answer ready that proved he knew Trump's business interests and needs and where his experience and abilities might fit.

Brandy on the other hand used that part of the question to suck up to the younger Trumps. After using the "why should I hire you?" question to suck up to Trump himself. She said nothing of any substance.

vCash
    Strange episode, and especially the ending!
    Again, the editing, why did the folks endorse Brandy more than Clint, but what they showed us, why didn't Clint win.
    Oh, wait, Trump is involved and the winner is a pretty girl that likes older men.
    Duh.
    Also strange not having the big ending episode with live audience. Scheduling conflicts?
    But Brandy found out right away, so it has been known for months. Usually it is decided live.
    It is the journey that is the best part as usual.
    But Donald is being nicer. Maybe he does want to run for president and realized he was a real jerk to folks in the past.
    And what happened to Clint. Hope he found something good. He seems like a nice guy, well meaning, just not as polished and pretty enough for The Donald.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    . . .

Brandy on the other hand used that part of the question to suck up to the younger Trumps. After using the "why should I hire you?" question to suck up to Trump himself. She said nothing of any substance.
    I thought she blew it when she said she wanted to work with the two adult children - she may have made him feel .... old.

I never realized Donald had such a big butt - from the looks of it on the golf course.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast