Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apprentice

vCash
    I agree!
    James set himself up for elimination; and no one else needed to do anything else,

I was interested that Trump mentioned David's Pre-Apprentice competence/success in the Boardroom.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    I was interested that Trump mentioned David's Pre-Apprentice competence/success in the Boardroom.
    What was Trump referring to?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    What was Trump referring to?
    His previous job experiences and success I think.

vCash
    James was starting to grow on me and I really wanted David to go home. Unfortunately, James made two serious errors: not meeting the owner right away and getting into conflict with David. Trump almost always sides with difficult people when the PM hasn't managed them well.

So David got his wish, unfortunately.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I wasn't crazy about either popcorn video, actually, but the men's was better, even though they didn't exactly "close down Fifth Avenue," so I was happy they won.

In the boardroom, losing PM Mahsa brought back Tyana and Leeza (?), and Tyana was fired which was fine, seeing she stupidly rooted against her team in the boardroom and hadn't contributed anything herself other than saying theirs was a bad concept.

It didn't really matter as none of the three of them would/will win, IMO. Trump doesn't select an Apprentice (non-celebrity) who thinks or presents themselves "outside of the box," and these three are just annoying to listen to, they're so loud.

I have my eye on Brandy, the blonde who said in the boardroom, "Don't come to me with a problem unless you have a solution for it."

vCash
    I thought Tyana was an idiot the moment she selected that portrait of an unknown man to display in the foyer of that business (so everyone could ask who the heck is that, the founder? No, just random artwork I liked.)

I am surprised that Masha didn't go home since she was the PM. She's a fighter, though, something I think Trump admires.

vCash
    Men lucked out with David needing to see a dentist is all I can say. Men seemed to get work done. can't imagine why, hee hee
    To me, the 3 most unlikeable women ended up the in the boardroom. Not sure shy Leeza was there, unless who else.
    Soxxy - yes Brandy, keep an eye on her, plus she summed up Tyana's problem perfectly.
    too many folks this season seem to be more concerned with someone else losing, doing something to make it easy to kick out than try to impress Trump.

vCash
    I am a little disappointed in Tyana getting fired. If you follow the basic premise that the person who most contributed to the team's loss is the person who should be fired, I can't agree that Tyana was that person. Mahsa deliberately excluded Tyana, Poppy, and Leesa from participating in the challenge, delegating them to tasks that had minimal bearing on the outcome. Mahsa has been gunning for Tyana from the beginning; it was obvious that she was the target, and her objective was to bring her into the boardroom even before the task began. She discussed it with other team members. I think they kept quiet to keep from being her next target. The challenge wasn't a team effort; Mahsa made every decision, did not listen to Tyana when she tried to verbalize her concerns. Maybe had the group tried to talk it out instead of ignoring her in the beginning the result of the task might have been different. Mahsa was bitter at Tyana for not letting her be out at the front desk in the last task and having been delegated to dealing with the dogs that she was afraid of.

Mahsa is a strong personality. The weaker members of the team go along with her out of fear and intimidation. The stronger members of the team are going to let her go as far as she wants to in hopes that she self-destructs. That might be smart--she's does not listen, refuses to take criticism, and just a mean. The remarks that she made about Tyana being the biggest person and the the biggest detriment to the team were totally uncalled for.

I'm glad the men won the task. Personally, I liked the video, but, most importantly, they did what was required of the task. Clint seemed to be a good leader, listening to all of the team and ultimately being a leader. The men were beyond lucky when Dave had to go to the dentist. And, let me say from experience, I've had a hole in a tooth similar to Dave's and the pain is excruciating. Luckily, root canal saved mine, but I know Dave was in tremendous pain and probably had no choice but to get it taken care of. You can feel a bad tooth all of the way down to the nerve endings in the tips of your toes.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I'm not sure it was fair to say that Tyana just criticized without offering a solution because Mahsa gave her no chance to speak beyond that. If she had been allowed to voice her opinion and the group had listened, a better idea may have came from it. But that didn't happen.

I don't like Tyana, either, but Mahsa should have been fired. She blew the task, not anyone else.

vCash
    ^^^Agree.

Not only that, but Tyana was PM last week and won. I'm not understanding how the Trumps justify firing Tyana over Mahsa, who has been nothing but hot air since the beginning.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Best Apprentice boardroom ever!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Best Apprentice boardroom ever!!!
    Yes, Donald was on a roll, and I actually agreed with him.
    The womens team did rock. I am not sure about the guys in boxers, but they had an idea and went with it, were fully prepared. And they seemed functional. Mahsa dialed it down. Go Brandy!
    The guys - it took hours to write what Gene said,
    Steuart & Arnand rock! It is true, it is easier to model the womens shoes with skirts and dresses.
    David -STFU, he is so annoying. Did they show too much in the previews, and hopefully he will be gone!

vCash
    Gene really surprised me with his lack of reading skills (I don't think it was nerves either)

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Gene really surprised me with his lack of reading skills (I don't think it was nerves either)
    Gene at least needed lots of rehearsal, and I think he made time for none....it was like he was reading it for the first time, poorly. I did laugh when in the boardroom Gene said his performance could have been better and "so if you want to fire me, go ahead".....And Trump said, "Gene, you're fired."

PM Wade doesn't seem connected to the real world. He does look and speak into the camera, but he seems somewhere else (maybe Minnesota, where he's now the most "well-known" real estate agent. )

ETA: I missed Ivanka in the boardroom. She has the coolest way of expressing precisely what your faults are. Papa Trump just gets furious.
    Last edited by soxxy; 10-15-2010 at 01:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    I did laugh when in the boardroom Gene said his performance could have been better and "so if you want to fire me, go ahead".....And Trump said, "Gene, you're fired."
    Gene should have kept his mouth shut and not said such a dumb thing, he would probably be there next week.

He also should have defended himself and said that if he had a chance to rehearse, it would not have gone so badly. He really didn't defend himself at all and just kind of sat there watching. I suppose he thought only Wade would get fired since he was PM and was totally unprepared for the double firing.

vCash
    I agree this was one of the best boardrooms ever! I was almost thinking Gene did so poorly on purpose, until he was in the board room! I kept waiting for him to defend himself and he just sat there until he said "I take responsibility...fire me!" Should be good next week...Did anyone see the previews for next week when Clint tells David he couldn't get a job as an "Oompa Looma making gobstoppers"

vCash
    Just finished watching it. Great episode!
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Pedicabs episode.
    Hee hee that Kelly and Mahsa did not pass the test. Why they ever went to Wall St?? Though Stephanie is capable, I do not trust her at all.
    Brandi and Poppy are the only other ones on the ladies that seem to have any ability.
    The Men - 3 are really good, and then David. Why didn't Trump act on Clint's advise?
    Fire him, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    The Men - 3 are really good, and then David. Why didn't Trump act on Clint's advise?
    Fire him, please.
    He can't fire someone from a winning team. It's against the rules and I can understand why Trump doesn't want to break it - would set a bad precedent.

Unfortunately this means we have to put up with David for awhile longer. And even though he is really annoying and impossible to like, he's probably not totally stupid in the sense that he knows his team will want him fired if it loses. So he can do things to make sure that someone else takes the blame - he got off brilliantly last week when two others were fired.

I wonder if Lisa and David might be swapped places next week.

vCash
    Pedicabs - I didn't know such a thing existed! I don't agree with Ivanka that the women should have asked pedicab drivers where the action is. I would think they wouldn't want their business taken away for the day.

The men had a great idea - getting dressed as gladiators -- the women, babes on bikes, bleh. And to choose Wall Street? What were they thinking? (Oh, I know, men have money on Wall Street and were going to throw boo-hoo bucks at them. Didn't happen.)

Looking forward to David being PM next week - annoying as he is, he's fun to watch and you just never know what will come out of that mouth of his. And Mahsa looks from the preview that she might be fired for lying to The Trump, but that would be too obvious if it's in the preview.

Good show. I had to record it and watch it this morning, can't stay up that late anymore.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast