Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apprentice

vCash

The Apprentice

The past two episodes have been greatly entertaining. I love how instead of having yet another Celebrity Apprentice, they are now casting people who have lost their jobs due to the economy - educated people from every walk of life, attorneys, bankers, grad students - bright people who should have no problems finding a job, right?

And they are vicious and hungry to be hired as the next Apprentice. Nice mix of characters. I feel bad for the guy fired last night. He showed weakness next to the two sharks with him in the board room. The weak will not survive long here.

My favorite of the woman is Masha (I think that's how she spells it). Very aggressive, loud, former assistant prosecutor.

vCash
    The season has been interesting, thus far.
    It looks as though there will be a "confrontation" between the leading "sharks" next week.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    And they are vicious and hungry to be hired as the next Apprentice. Nice mix of characters. I feel bad for the guy fired last night. He showed weakness next to the two sharks with him in the board room. The weak will not survive long here.
    He did look miserable in that boardroom. I think Trump said he understood he was nervous. However, in the follow-up at the end of the show, he's now employed and looked about 20 years younger!

The guy with the five kids squiggs me out; I'm afraid he could go completely ballistic.

vCash
    I am also glad that they are bringing back the public people.

Hate Mahsa, she is loud, obnoxious, and unprofessional. Last week Nicole should've said it right there that she brought Mahsa in for her attitude and lack of loyalty. Ivanka would've eat Mahsa UP RIGHT THERE.

I'm rooting for the men's team right now only because the women seem like really catty bunch.

vCash
    I like this show now that they have returned to "unknown" people who really WANT this job. Hate Mahsa and her obnoxious mouth, and Liza.

On the men, I don't really care for David.

vCash
    I don't care for David at all - loved James' comment about putting up with him going emotionally ballistic - and dearly wanted him fired.

It seems like all the candidates are going to get interviews and possibly a job- the clip about Alex getting a job included a plug for the company, which is probably one that Trump wants to promote.

Focusing on talented candidates who are struggling and unemployed due to the recession is a brilliant concept for the competition. Trump doesn't have to spend money on prizes but the candidates gets a great prize anyway, a job interview.

And there is bound to be some great drama in the boardroom.

vCash
    This is the first season of The Apprentice that I have watched. So far, I'm enjoying it a lot.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Yes, it has even been more excellent than the last Celebrity Apprecentice that consisted of Bret Michaels. How can they top that one? By going back to what they have now - regular, everyday people who have educations and STILL cannot hold/keep a job in today's economy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Focusing on talented candidates who are struggling and unemployed due to the recession is a brilliant concept for the competition. Trump doesn't have to spend money on prizes but the candidates gets a great prize anyway, a job interview.

So now I'm confused a little. Do they not have weekly prizes for the project manager's fundraiser of choice? I think they don't!

vCash
    So now I'm confused a little. Do they not have weekly prizes for the project manager's fundraiser of choice? I think they don't!
    That's only for the celebrity version because on 'game shows' celebrities mostly 'play' for charity.

For the versions that feature regular public, the winning team usually gets a reward like on Survivor. On this recession version though the winning PM gets an interview with a well-known exec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    That's only for the celebrity version because on 'game shows' celebrities mostly 'play' for charity.

For the versions that feature regular public, the winning team usually gets a reward like on Survivor. On this recession version though the winning PM gets an interview with a well-known exec.
    What about all the money they made on the ice cream sales? I think the women had about $1700 and the men had $1400 something like that, after the cost of the ice cream. Who kept that money? Donald??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I don't care for David at all - loved James' comment about putting up with him going emotionally ballistic - and dearly wanted him fired.
    I can't stand David. And I do not get the James hate. Unless David is threatened by him. James seems even keel, almost like someone that would not be on this type of show.
    Poppy seems a bit weak, but not a trainwreck. But Stephanie was so annoying. She has good skills, but just too cocky.
    Mahsa - or whatever her name is, I did not like her in week 1, too lawyerly like, but kind of funny in week 2 in the boardroom, Trump may not like her either.

Trump still a tool, but he seems less bothersome to me than other seasons, almost like he is taking it down a notch.
    nice to see George again. Next week looks promising.

vCash
    What about all the money they made on the ice cream sales? I think the women had about $1700 and the men had $1400 something like that, after the cost of the ice cream. Who kept that money? Donald??
    My guess would be that it goes to the production costs of the show. Camera crews to film them selling ice cream for two days would cost way more than $3100. Contributing a bit to the production cost increases profits from the show.

vCash
    The stress of being jobless; with five children to support, may have much to do with David's attitude. He's probably feeling pretty "desperate" at this point. It might do him good to be less "intense". However, I don't know if he would survive in the Boardroom, if he were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    The stress of being jobless; with five children to support, may have much to do with David's attitude. He's probably feeling pretty "desperate" at this point. It might do him good to be less "intense". However, I don't know if he would survive in the Boardroom, if he were.
    Amen to that!! I can only imagine how it feels to have a family and be unemployed. It was hard enough when it was just me and I was unemployed. I'm underemployed now, and things aren't much better!

I've enjoyed the first two episodes also. I think James is getting a bad rap. From the preview of next week, it looks like that might change. I might have been in the same position as him--sales is not my area, either. I understand the Donald's point about being able to sell yourself, but selling ice cream bars to New Yorkers even on a hot day wouldn't be easy for an anybody. Sales definitely takes a special personality. I'm just glad he got through it.

Mahsa and David will self-destruct. No doubt about that. It's only a matter of time.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Anyone watch last night. Boy has the editing sucked for the previous episodes. They all hate James - and I really don't understand where it came from. Possibly most of them are sales types, more extroverted and James, quieter, introverted? David didn't like James previously, but the extent was wow! I had liked James prior to last night. He seems only able to do limited things at a time, but the previous editing just took just confused me.
    David, yes I feel bad about 5 kids, blah blah blah, but is he off his meds? His reactions are so odd. I am glad Ivanka called him out on his reactions! I wish we had heard more from the other guys on the team. I just feel like there is so much more. James deserved to be fired, but so did David, I want a double elimination!
    Women -
    Liza -please be fired. How annoying.
    Mahsa - again annoying.
    Tyana - not sure if I like her or hate her. Again the editing, there is so much more to Mahs and Tyana's relationship.
    Stephanie - very good in many ways, but too loud!
    Poppy - liked how she was in the board room, factual.
    I yell at the tv when watching this show, but can't stop watching, what a trainwreck!

vCash
    David is def. off his meds. He's one scary dude!!!!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    James revealed at the start of the episode that he might not be getting along with his teammates because of his "different background," which essentially involved his graduating from Duke and Georgetown law. He sees himself as an intellectual elitist, but to me he's scattered and disorganized. A true intellectual elitist, no matter how annoying, would not have rudely dismissed the owner, who also happend to be one of the judges, with, "Can you give us a couple of minutes?" when he's trying to give you important information; he'd have put aside what he's doing to listen to the guy who's partly responsible for determining his fate.

James also made no sense when Ivanka visited and he tried to explain to her what they were doing. Ivanka told him, with a laugh, "You're going to have to get far more articulate." The episode ended with James, fired, now having been hired by the New York Attoney General's Office; I trust he'll get it together working there.

David makes for good tv, I suppose, but he's a mess and Trump won't hire him.....but he'll string him along for as long as he can.

The women:

Liza - needs to go, too angry, confused, hurt, etc.
    Tyana (Miss Cougar California? ) as PM, was wrong to put Masha back with the dogs when Masha made it clear she was afraid of dogs. Tyana was lucky her team won.

I'll need another episode to figure who's rising to the top, looking good in Trump's eyes. Too many of these people are not team players.
    Last edited by soxxy; 10-01-2010 at 02:51 PM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I think the funniest thing I ever heard in my life was Mahsa exclaiming that she is a people person.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    They all hate James - and I really don't understand where it came from.
    I don't get it either. I admit he's not Mr. Organized and maybe the editors have left a lot of his superiority complex on the editing room floor, but so much bile from the other contestants, especially Mr. Whackjob (David). My guess is the team wanted a scapegoat to throw under the bus, and James gave them a slight reason to nominate him and they just continued to go with that choice. "Better him than ME"!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    David, yes I feel bad about 5 kids, blah blah blah, but is he off his meds? His reactions are so odd. I am glad Ivanka called him out on his reactions!
    David has made it sound like he lost his wife and kids because he could not (financially) provide for them. No dude...they left because you are one major ass**** and could not stand to be around you for one more second!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast