Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Poor Alex, why do they keep dumping on this guy. His behavior with April was wrong though. Love how Mer called him out, but was still there for him. Also that the Chief knows it was Alex's idea.
    Don't like the new doctor though, he annoyed on the little I saw of Ally McBeal. Makes me miss Arizona. J Capshaw's name was still in the credits?
    Loved Derek helping out Christina, and then talking floors and tiles. Cool that the chief does not want to submit papers on Christina quitting, everyone is trying to help her!
    I am liking this season, some nice things going on and more development.
    But give Alex a break please and let Bailey's patients live. Does Avery have feelings for April?

Oh and really loved the scene in the beginning, when all the doctors turn to Mer to find out about Christina, such a good moment!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Christina and Callie were hilarious tonight. There hasn't been enough of that silliness on Grey's for a long time.
    Maybe because I've had like no sleep, but I couldn't quit giggling over Christina telling Callie, "I can't believe you let me do that," in regard to her hair.

vCash
    Loved the floors and tiles discussion between Christina and Derek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    That was my favorite part! I loved Callie and Christina as well. I knew there had to be something going wrong with Alex long before what happened with him and April. No matter what happened to him, that was out of line. But not out of character. It's unfortunate that Bailey didn't tell pretty eyes that he had done well. He seems to be in need of some support. I don't like whatever is going on with Meridith's hair. Too light, maybe.

Private Practice made me cry again. I'm not happy about their choice to do this rape story line but I'm glad they didn't rap in up in a pretty package with a bow and have everything be okay again two episodes later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Does Avery have feelings for April?
    I don't think he does. I think it's more like a brother/sister type relationship, and since she's the only other Mercy one alive, I think he's kinda protective.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I don't like whatever is going on with Meridith's hair. Too light, maybe.
    It is too light, and she has bangs, which seem to be coming back in full force lately. First Heidi Klum on PR, then Lea Michele on Glee, and now Ellen Pompeo on Grey's. It's unfortunate, because bangs can look good if done right. But all 3 mentioned have bangs that just lay flat. And it's really unattractive IMO.

vCash
    I agree about Cristina and Derek's convo on the floor tiles. Loved that lol.

vCash
    Makes me miss Arizona. J Capshaw's name was still in the credits?
    I think we're supposed to miss Arizona. Jessica Capshaw is still in the credits because she's still in the show - just on maternity leave. They decided to write her out for a while instead of write her pregnancy in but I'm guessing she'll be back later in the series to do some complicated ground-breaking procedure on a kid she met in Africa.

Does Avery have feelings for April?
    I think Lexie, given the way he looked at her at the start and at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    Maybe because I've had like no sleep, but I couldn't quit giggling over Christina telling Callie, "I can't believe you let me do that," in regard to her hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Ditto. These were my favourite bits.

I don't mind the Christina storyline. It makes more sense to me that she's not seeking help, since she never does.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Drunk doctors at Joe's may be my favorite part of the show tonight. Bailey is totally cracking me up, LOL
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I lurrrves me a drunk Bailey!

I knew Cally and Mark would sleep together! I really like their "friends with benefits" relationship.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I enjoyed drunk Bailey. I'm tired of Cristina acting crazy and doing nothing to try and get better. I found Callie sleeping with Mark too predictable.

Now let me rant about Private Practice. Suddenly Violet is telling Charlotte all about the trial of her rapist -- what an egregious 180 on the past. It was a rather crucial plot point in the first two seasons that Violet had not reported the rape. There was a scene where she told Dell about it and there was an entire episode where her friend was running for public office and they spoke about how they kept each other's secrets and then Violet found out her friend had never told her real secret. So now Violet prosecuted? Shonda Rhimes needs to step away from GA and PP. She has no respect for her own characters and stories and most definitely no respect for the viewers.

vCash
    Drunk Bailey was great! I would totally hang out with her.

vCash
    I thought the show was hilarious. Loved drunk Bailey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Now let me rant about Private Practice. Suddenly Violet is telling Charlotte all about the trial of her rapist -- what an egregious 180 on the past. It was a rather crucial plot point in the first two seasons that Violet had not reported the rape. There was a scene where she told Dell about it and there was an entire episode where her friend was running for public office and they spoke about how they kept each other's secrets and then Violet found out her friend had never told her real secret. So now Violet prosecuted? Shonda Rhimes needs to step away from GA and PP. She has no respect for her own characters and stories and most definitely no respect for the viewers.
    Yeah, this really bothered me as well.

vCash
    GA - yes, loved drunk Bailey, and even did not mind drunk Teddy. But just love Bailey and I want her to be happy!! But I also like how they seem to be integrating her more with the others as a peer socially. I do find it endearing how Derek is watching over Christina. Sometimes this show gets some good minor relationships going (I luv the few scenes with Derek & Bailey) that are just good for the show overall.

PP - Thanks - I was wondering about that, doubting my memory, but thought Violet had not reported her rape. Again, I keep watching this show, but things bug me. There is a quality there sometimes. It has great parts, but the sum is less than it should be. I also felt Cooper is maturing some. Also I found it satisfying that Charlotte decided to come forward, as a step forward for her in her relationship with Cooper. I like them together for some odd reason, but both are so messed up (who isn't on this show).

vCash
    Frankly I dislike the portrayal of reporting your rape as the only right choice and the only way you will ever get through it. While I understand the point that your rapist will rape again and you should get him off the streets, I honestly believe that the only person a woman in this situation should be told to think about is herself. Will it help you to face this down or will it make things harder for you. I know there are many women out there who regret not reporting their rape. Their are also many women who did report and regret that. Reporting not only means having to tell your story to the world and having to face the person who did this to you, it also means you will probably have to watch the defense drag your character through the mud. And after all that, the guy may not be convicted.

I absolutely believe that reporting rape and prosecuting the rapist is an incredibly courageous choice. But it is also an incredibly personal choice and a woman can only make that choice for herself in that moment. No one knows how they would react if they aren't in that situation. I dislike seeing a woman who has already been victimized be badgered by her friends and family to do something that she has made it clear that she does not want to do.

I'm glad that Charlotte eventually agreed to do the line-up. Perhaps it will make her feel better. But this is not a one size fits all right choice.

vCash
    Theatregirl - great points,
    I felt with Charlotte not reporting was consistent with her character, stubborn, independent, private. I understood the other characters intent, but felt they were intrusive with Charlotte. I like how she made the decision as something not just for herself but for Cooper (preventing a murder). I for one agree that the decision is the victims, but for this show, Charlotte doing this is a step forward in her relationship with Cooper. Not just sex, but showing how they both love each other. Even before this rape, I was starting to like them together, but felt the writers were concentrating on the sex and Charlotte being rude and it might not go anywhere. Now it is showing a deeper relationship. JMHO.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Theatregirl - great points,
    I felt with Charlotte not reporting was consistent with her character, stubborn, independent, private. I understood the other characters intent, but felt they were intrusive with Charlotte. I like how she made the decision as something not just for herself but for Cooper (preventing a murder). I for one agree that the decision is the victims, but for this show, Charlotte doing this is a step forward in her relationship with Cooper. Not just sex, but showing how they both love each other. Even before this rape, I was starting to like them together, but felt the writers were concentrating on the sex and Charlotte being rude and it might not go anywhere. Now it is showing a deeper relationship. JMHO.
    I agree with just about everything you wrote here. I also think the decision to report or not should be the survivor's choice and it did seem like the others were being a bit obstinate. I think they were just trying to help though and thought that reporting the asshat would be something to help give Charlotte some peace. She is extremely stubborn and private so I saw both sides here: Her not wanting anyone at the office involved and them trying really hard to figure out a way to help her. BTW-I don't remember the Violet story very well from earlier in the show's tenure but I may tweet Shonda and ask her about it today. I tried to find some recap stuff to bring that back to my brain and couldn't find anything. Hmmmm.

Anyway, I love how Char and Cooper's relationship is growing this season and those are the moments that are really staying with me, watching the looks they give each other and their support for each other. Charlotte was one of my least favorite characters when the show started (I thought she was SO irritating, LOL) but over time, as they've shown more and more of her kind side, she's really grown on me and now she's one of my faves. You can always count on her to tell it like it is to the other docs and now watching her deal with everything and seeing the kinder side of her come out with Cooper more is really making her character a strength of the show. KaDee Strickland has done a fantastic job with a tough story and IMO her name better be listed come Emmy time. Don't know if you guys know it or not but she's gotten very involved with RAINN and spending time with survivors and helping out with events and such for them. She went to DC recently for some big event and apparently it went really well. I think it's awesome how involved she's gotten in wanting to help survivors and spread the word about others getting the help they need. I really like it when actors take a role to heart that way.

I am still laughing about GA three days later. The recap written up for Entertainment Weekly sums up everything really well. My coworkers thought I was nuts when I was reading it and laughing so much at work on Friday, LOL I think we needed one of those weeks where the one liners are coming fast and furious and drunk Bailey was absolutely priceless.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Guys, feel free to disagree but could we perhaps start a separate PP thread? I personally can't stand the show and have long since given up on it, so I'd be happy if the GA thread was about...well, GA

I don't know if there's enough of a a fan base here to start a separate thread though, so like I said - feel free to disregard

Now back to Grey's - I think Cristina is totally believable. A friend of mine suffered something similar and didn't do anything to help herself for well over a year. More to the point though, Cristina thinks that she IS helping herself in quitting and finding joy in things other than medicine. It might seem weird to everyone else, but I've also quit a high stress job and enjoyed doing something completely random and unrelated that didn't require a brain. It happens

Liked Mer and Alex ignoring the paeds twit. We all know he's not staying long term, so it's kind of fun to see their bitching knowing it'll end soon.

moving right along
    vCash
    phhht. Grey's and Private Practice are intertwined and created by the same writer. I don't plan to stop talking about both of them in this thread. And Charlotte's story on PP right now is really good.

vCash
    I'm going to mention something that people might take offense at, but I'm merely curious to know if anyone else has noticed it.

I've noticed this season that both GA and PP have an increase in inter-racial couples. Especially a few weeks ago when there were 2 on GA in one episode, immediately followed with another on PP (not even including Addison and Sam, Naomi & whomever she's with, or Maya & Dink). I'm not complaining because I have no issue whatsoever on the subject, but it did make me wonder if it was merely casting coincidence or whether the writers were up to something behind the scenes (or something like that).

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast