Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Can someone give me a rundown of last night please and thank you? I missed it due to NHL Playoffs *and* no blank DVD's in the house, so couldn't burn it for watching later.

And before someone says it, I'm on Dial Up Hell in Rural Canada, so don't suggest any sites to watch it at. My system just can't handle it.
    Television without pity have a great summary - just click and read They'll have a more in depth one in a couple of days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    That's the point. She got it by default. She'll bomb and they'll give it to someone else next season.
    I think it would be better if she learned to be great at it.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I actually think she'll be quite good at this job. It's all about organization, going by the rules, and not having much time for surgeries, and since I think she's a pretty weak surgeon in regards to the rest of the residents, why not give her the job to keep her away from doing surgery?! Of course she's going to suffer from not getting respect from some of the other residents but hey, that can be the comic relief next season, LOL

Infertility just makes me so sad. Most of my friends all have kids now but two different friends of mine struggled SO hard with conceiving and it broke my heart. One finally did conceive twins with IVF (I think) but the other is now looking at adoption because they haven't had any success otherwise. It was hard watching them struggle so much. It's such a painful thing for people to go through and the fact that it's so random makes it even harder and totally unfair.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    But that would involve spending yet more time on April and I'm just not invested in any storyline involving her. She's not a central character for me, and I don't think the show would be any worse without her in it. That's not something I could say about Meredith, Cristina or Alex, for example.

I don't care about April, or about Stark, or about Alex's girlfriend, Bailey's boyfriend and a bunch of other people. I fast forward through their parts.

At least having April as chief means I save time by having more bits to zip through...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Loved that Alex got called out on ratting on Mer. She has been a true friend to him during the whole run of the show.
    Frankly, I thought Owen's reaction was ridiculous. Alex may have been drunk and stupid. But he actually did the right thing. Mer's insisting that if she didn't tell what she did, the trial would not be compromised is ridiculous. She compromised the randomness of the trial by changing those envelopes. This is a small scale trial. Derek was right when he told that she had completely destroyed the trial, dumped tons of money down the drain, and potentially prevented a treatment that could save lives from ever making it to the market. I think Derek is wrong to imply that the situation is totally black and white, but what she did was serious. She compromised the trial, and the trial could not continue as if it were done properly. It could not be analyzed as if it were done properly. It had to be stopped and the people who were working on this trial had to be told that so they could act appropriately. Alex did the right thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Frankly, I thought Owen's reaction was ridiculous.
    I thought everything written for Owen in the finale was ridiculous. Instead of throwing Cristina out, which I understand sets up lots of drama for next season, the character if he stayed in character would have made a sincere attempt to understand why his wife was so opposed to having a baby. It's clear it's about more than her career, which of course we'll learn next season.

vCash
    I thought this, too. Alex did the right thing. It is Meredith's own fault she is in this situation, not Alex's fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    ...and I'm sitting here wondering why Cristina keeps getting pregnant so easily while Meredith & Derek couldn't conceive for anything.
    It's the same reason why abusive crack-whores on welfare keep having babies, while stable & responsible couples couldn't sell their souls even for a chance at one. Meaning, it's not always fair and understandable, but infertility is indiscriminatory.

vCash
    MASSIVE spoilers here relating to McDreamy. Click at your own risk!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    MASSIVE spoilers here relating to McDreamy. Click at your own risk!
    It's hardly a spoiler. He's been rather vocal on the topic. Same for Ellen Pompeo. Although I think Chandra Wilson, Sandra Oh and Justin Chambers would be up for continuing after season eight.

vCash
    The last I'd heard, Ellen was up in the air about continuing... saying that no one had approached her about extending her contract or even just asking if it was it for her. The same article asked her her feelings on Lexie taking over as the Grey in Grey's Anatomy should Ellen leave. She is supportive of the idea, and Chyler Leigh said she'd be up for it. So I'm curious to see how it ends up.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I don't suppose I'll miss Patrick Dempsey too much; I can't hear most of his dialogue anyway.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    I think it's just a silly way to get support so that they get more money. I doubt he'll leave. His movie career hasn't grown *that* much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    I think it's just a silly way to get support so that they get more money. I doubt he'll leave. His movie career hasn't grown *that* much.
    I think he is going to leave. He fancies himself a big movie star and his Grey's commitment is holding him back. Ellen Pompeo may be angling for a bigger paycheck, although I don't know how much leverage she has given the fact that she's done virtually nothing other than the show since it premiered.

vCash
    I doubt Dempsey wants to leave because he thinks his movie career will take off. It didn't when his name was huge thanks to Grey's Anatomy, when he made movies on hiatus, so why would it now? I imagine he knows that.

Maybe he and Ellen are just tired of the show and they don't like their characters anymore? Hasn't he been vocal about his exasperation with how his character only seems to be stuck in a romantic push and pull with very little other development? The way the season ended looks like we're heading that way again. Maybe he's made enough to say screw it, and play second-fiddle characters like he did in Sweet Home Alabama the rest of his career.

vCash
    Even small movie roles can be more attractive than series television to some actors. The pay is often quite similar and the schedule much better. Filming a movie on location for 2 months or filming a series for 6 months? If the pay is the same then the answer would be movies for many actors.

Unlike Pompeo, Dempsey has years of acting credits to his name. If he has invested wisely he might not even need to work.

vCash
    With what they've earned, I doubt any of them ever need to work again!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I hope Sandra Oh, Sarah Ramierez, Mc Steamy and Dr. Green Eyes continue to work, though. In fact, wipe the board, keep them and Bailey (maybe little Grey, too), and start from scratch. Send them somewhere warm, where the guys have to go shirtless a lot, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    Unlike Pompeo, Dempsey has years of acting credits to his name. If he has invested wisely he might not even need to work.
    I imagine this is the case. Plus, I recall he car races as a hobby. Maybe he wants to spend less time on a show that he doesn't enjoy and more on that?

vCash
    With what they've earned, I doubt any of them ever need to work again!
    One would think, but many actors and actresses have made high salaries and wasted every penny. So I would not assume anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    One would think, but many actors and actresses have made high salaries and wasted every penny. So I would not assume anything.
    Their original contracts were nothing spectacular. Although no doubt they've been given nice raises as the show has been renewed, these actors are not in the league of Friends or Seinfeld. After eight years, I'm sure they've done okay, but it's probably not retiring money.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617