Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I really hope she get's an emmy nod next year. And I give kudos to Al Bundy for playing the perfect straight man. The kid who plays Manny is a great little actor and the writers love him. The youngest Dunphey kid could take lessons.
    She got one for '09 ... this season Sophia needs to win!

The Jane Lynch Must Win Everything groundswell has to subside at some point, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The kid who plays Manny is a great little actor and the writers love him. The youngest Dunphey kid could take lessons.
    I prefer Luke to Manny. (Well, all the kids to him)

I don't know if it's the character or the acting, but I hate that kid 90% of the time.

Luke on the other hand cracks me up. It's not easy to play stupid, especially since the actor is apparently very smart. Maybe his writing isn't the best, but I think the actor does an amazing job of it.

I also think Alex and Haley do a really good job with their parts.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    OMG Mitch in the Spiderman suit was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. And Baby chee-sus.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    This episode KILLED me! I think it's my favorite from the entire season.

When Hayley said she was Mother Teresa when she was young and hot, I just about peed my pants.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    This show is certainly NOT suffering a sophomore slump!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    So funny tonight.

"I wet my pants! I wet my pants!"

vCash
    I loved Gloria again! She's really been amazing this season.

And I have to say, the actress who plays Hayley is really coming into her own. She's been fantastic.

vCash
    I actually had to pause the show because it was too funny! Mitchell climbing down the drainpipe as Spiderman, omg!

And I love "yesterday's lazy cures today's crazy."
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    I actually had to pause the show because it was too funny! Mitchell climbing down the drainpipe as Spiderman, omg!
    Oh, me too. I could see it coming, but still fricking hilarious. Laughed so hard I scared the cat. Again. Seems to happen a lot with this show.

The final scene with everyone sharing their favourite Gloria malapropism was pretty funny too. (What was the one about tomatoes? Wish I could remember.) And . Jay's analogy about explosives, and his deadpan final line ... I had to watch that twice.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Wasn't it ultimatum - old tomato

My husband is a native Spanish speaker so we were falling on the floor over baby che-sus.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    baby cheesus!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post

And I love "yesterday's lazy cures today's crazy."
    me too!

vCash
    Last night's episode wasn't quite as good as some of the previous ones, but still some good moments.

Loved Phil running around the house proving his manhood by attacking the smoke detectors. And "ooh, I burned my lady fingers" had me LOL. And Hailey is just getting better and better -- great writing and great acting.

The storylines with Mitch/Cam/Lily were pretty predictable and somewhat meh, though.

vCash
    When Cam made a huge scene about the commercial being racist, and then picked up the wrong kid, I lost it. That was hilarious.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    When Cam made a huge scene about the commercial being racist, and then picked up the wrong kid, I lost it. That was hilarious.
    This was a good relationship between the parents/kids episode. Jay and Manny, Claire and Hailey, Cam/Mitch.

"That gay cruise has sailed." And Cam telling Mitch he just didn't understand theater folk and Mitch with you did Godspell in a barn. You're not theater folk, you're barn folk.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    You know, I love their over-the-top LOL episodes like last week's Halloween ep., but I love these episodes even more, ones that are funny but also offer little glimpses into the characters and how they are slowly evolving.

Loved seeing the mounting subtext of Phil's insecurities play out throughout the episode (it's about time they addressed the abysmal state of real estate market right now), and watching Claire gently pick him back up again. So in-step with their characters and also referencing past continuity as well (i.e. Phil being the eternal (but clueless) optimist, and Claire picking up her family when they fall, etc.)

And Haley's protective side emerging when it came to saving her parent's marriage, shows that she truly cares about and loves her family, despite being a seemingly self-centered teenager. And again, this is buildng on past episodes where we saw small, similar moments like this.

And the Jay and Manny stuff was great too.

vCash
    I loves me some Manny.
    I also loved the "girls" snuggling up with the Soap Operas.
    The show captures the reality and the wacky parts of a family.

vCash
    Oh my god, Gloria sounds like my mother

vCash
    Anyone else disappointed with Cam's mom--both the characterization and the actress they chose to play her?

Cam's such a bold and complex character, so I was really looking forward to meeting his mom to get those fun insights into his behavorial patterns the way we do with Mitchell and Claire.

But all we got was a one-note, clueless (not to mention extremely creepy) woman with absolutely no self-awareness to speak of.

The inappropiate touching storyline could've been funny if they kept it within reason, but the inappropiate nature was so egregious and borderline sexual that I didn't find it funny at all. And the way the actress played it made it feel all the more disturbing--like she was mentally challenged or something.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the funny tonight.

Gloria was hilarious as usual.

vCash
    I too found the storyline with Cam's mother to be quite un-funny and pretty creepy. The only thing good about it was how great Mitchell/Jesse Ferguson's acting was. Conveying so much with the slightest facial expression -- well, they all do that well on this show actually, esp. in the mockumentary interview bits, but it was a particularly good one for Jesse last night.

And speaking of acting, Haley/Sarah Hyland is just getting better and better. Another really good one for her.

Gloria ... classic. I did another LOLSTC (that's laugh out loud, scare the cat) when she reset her dislocated shoulder and kept on playing pingpong. And the expression on Jay's face ... priceless.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    My favorite was also when she reset her shoulder by banging it into the wall. LMAO!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast