Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    "You're not a joke. You're Pepper Saltsman." LOL

And Nathan Lane ... how fabulous. Sure, he plays the same character every time we see him, but who cares?

"No, not butterflies, I mispoke, there are no butterflies in heaven ..."

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    OMG When Mitch picked up the can of soap and razor when Cam asked him to do his shoulders was my LOL moment. That whole scene was sweet and hysterical.

This show is my highlight of the week.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    This is such a sweet episode.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I like that they went a bit more tender with this episode. It was a nice change of pace but still funny at the same time. It was nice to see another kiss with Cam and Mitchell.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    This episode was really funny.

Loved the part where Cam tipped over the bowl of apples and Mitchell whining, "I didn't say anything!" It's amazing how they can convey so much funny without saying a word.

And Luke busting up at Phil's jokes while Mitchell sat stone faced was hilarious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    OMG When Mitch picked up the can of soap and razor when Cam asked him to do his shoulders was my LOL moment. That whole scene was sweet and hysterical.
    Definitely lost my sh*t at that. The scene was perfection from start to finish. Cam, all-too-quickly saying, "I hate your beard" after Mitchell had tried to smooth things over the bike shorts incident ... and Mitchell, taken aback, saying "wow, you had that bullet in the chamber"

And earlier, Cam saying "I'm leaning toward the park" ... with Claire (averting her eyes from his seemingly-expanding pixelated netherlands) responding "I can see that."

Gloria <3 <3 Tirading over Jay's bragging that giving Omaha steaks to his employees for the holidays makes up for his otherwise total lack of personal engagement with them: "Joo just give them an Obama steak ..."

Haley <3 <3 She and Alex's efforts to make little sister popular was awesome. Just as it reached fruition, Alex couldn't help herself in declaring homework "not work if you love it" ... and, poof, there went said popularity.

I think that this was my favorite MF episode yet. (I'll forgive that the couch confessions seemed to be back full-on after a couple of "freer" eppys.)

Beach Bum
    vCash
    The bike shorts just had me in a heave on the floor. This one was so good.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Not just the bike shorts, the pixelated bike shorts! OMG, this show keeps getting better and better.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Aside from the fact that it's hysterical, the thing I really like about this show is that the couples and the families love one another.

When I first heard about it last year, I thought it would be yet another thin soccer mom vs fat goofy dad with a bunch of smart alek kids and sarcastic supporting players, and the typical ball-and-chain humour centred around some misunderstanding and the wife nagging the husband and the husband trying to trick his wife into letting him go drinking with his buddies. I caught it randomly part way through the season and realized it's anything but.

Last night was great as usual, but in addition to being funny, there was a great message in Claire and Phil's story about trying to keep your loved ones from falling on their face vs being there to pick them up when they're down. They're really doing a great job of making this real, but still entertaining. And rarely on shows like this are all the characters so strong - the two younger Dunphys not so much, but I think we'll see them develop this season.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    And rarely on shows like this are all the characters so strong - the two younger Dunphys not so much, but I think we'll see them develop this season.
    Manny gets the best kid lines so far.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    OMG. Gloria killed me.

"We're queer. We're here" Disabled, interracial lesbians beat them out for the spot in daycare. Then Cam pretending to be Cherokee.

vCash
    Gloria was funny! I laughed like an idiot at Cam's desperate attempt to get Lily in at the end!

vCash
    Omg...Cam's "Cherokee" impression.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zhenya271 View Post
    I laughed like an idiot at Cam's desperate attempt to get Lily in at the end!
    My favorite part of this particular joke was Mitchell asking "what if I was a single Dad?"

This episode was SO good. I loved the Peruvian joke. And Haley talking to a bar of soap for two days.

vCash
    Kind've an up-and-down season. For my tastes half of last night's eppy was a predictable ... too by-the-numbers. The Dumphy family storyline was contrived and unfunny but for Haley (loving her more every episode). And the boy's lines and line readings bug me ... he's too much the "atypical" stupid sitcom kid.

Y'all really didn't see the "even MORE demographically PC competition" twist at the elite daycare place ... coming from a mile away? Still, Cam's 1/16 Native American stab and Mitchell's final "single dad" line made it worth the trip.

Sophia. Her killing the rat ... "you hit eet like thiz, theen you CUT! the head" [while spiking the shovel] ... then she pirouettes in her high heels, her sexy white dress twirling, and non-chalantly says "okay, I'm off to church" And, later, her would-be diatribe against stereotyping ending with "who do you think we are -- Peruvians?!"

And Manny. Warning Jay about digging too deeply into his mother's goings on, drinking his espresso, and then answering Jay's "don't other kids drink soda" with shrug and "who knows what they do". Spittake for me.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 10-21-2010 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    Sofia kills me! Especially the rat scene.

I hate it when they make Colombia seem so underdeveloped, though. It's one of the most urbanized countries in Latin America. The city where Sofia actually comes from - which is also my own - is the 4h largest, has nearly 2 million people and you'd have to go a long way to find a goat to hit.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    The Manny and Gloria scenes just killed me. And the look on Mitchell's face when Cam started the Native American impression and Mitchell said "oh, no" really quietly. HA.

I liked Phil saying "that's awesome" and going back to his paper when Luke had his face in his cereal bowl.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Sophia. Her killing the rat ... "you hit eet like thiz, theen you CUT! the head" [while spiking the shovel] ... then she pirouettes in her high heels, her sexy white dress twirling, and non-chalantly says "okay, I'm off to church"
    OMG I laughed so hard at that. And Jay, "She left the head there as a warning to the other rats." And Jay and Manny in the garage inspecting the "rat shovel" for bits of dog ... too funny.

Yes, some bits were predictable, but still well excecuted so still funny. (And really. Name me a sitcom without predictability. That's what sitcoms are.)

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Kind've an up-and-down season. For my tastes half of last night's eppy was a predictable ... too by-the-numbers. The Dumphy family storyline was contrived and unfunny but for Haley (loving her more every episode). And the boy's lines and line readings bug me ... he's too much the "atypical" stupid sitcom kid.

Y'all really didn't see the "even MORE demographically PC competition" twist at the elite daycare place ... coming from a mile away? Still, Cam's 1/16 Native American stab and Mitchell's final "single dad" line made it worth the trip.

Sophia. Her killing the rat ... "you hit eet like thiz, theen you CUT! the head" [while spiking the shovel] ... then she pirouettes in her high heels, her sexy white dress twirling, and non-chalantly says "okay, I'm off to church" And, later, her would-be diatribe against stereotyping ending with "who do you think we are -- Peruvians?!"

And Manny. Warning Jay about digging too deeply into his mother's goings on, drinking his espresso, and then answering Jay's "don't other kids drink soda" with shrug and "who knows what they do". Spittake for me.
    I really hope she get's an emmy nod next year. And I give kudos to Al Bundy for playing the perfect straight man. The kid who plays Manny is a great little actor and the writers love him. The youngest Dunphey kid could take lessons.

vCash
    Love this show. I haven't liked a "sitcom" like this in a long time!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast