The facilities that were supposed to be constructed for the games are not done and many athletes and countries are threatening to pull out. That is just the begining of the problems. Personally as an ethnic India person I hope that India can still pull off the games and prove everyone wrong but it does not look good at this point. Here is a list of some of the setbacks:
1) Major sponsors pulled out at the beginning of August.
2) Some high profile athletes also pulled out.
3) A bridge constructed for the games collapsed yesterday injuring workers.
4) The athletes village is being described as in a disgusting condition.
5) New Delhi has also had the worst monsoon rains since 1978.
6) There are also all sorts of corruption allegations.
7) Most facilities are still not finished.