Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I agree, I'm not a fan of the new format. Glad to see I'm not alone though both my boyfriend and sister agreed with me as well.

vCash
    Most of the women eliminated so far haven't been fully committed and/or just flat out unlikeable anyway. There's no way Burgandy was making it past a few weeks even without the injury- she is one of the most annoying contestants of all the seasons I've seen, and she'd be dumped first chance they got. The guys this year are all at least tolerable and are doing the work. I do agree that the carpet rolling challenge hugely favored men, but I do think the bottom half challenge makes the show more exciting. I don't think the sand digging favored men at all, because it was all pretty much luck as to who found it first and they were all digging the same mound at the same time. Ada and Jessica are doing pretty well even if the rest of the women are mostly tanking.
    Last edited by haribobo; 10-13-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    The carpet challenge last night totally favored the men. The sand digging one had an element of luck at least. I don't like the new yellow line.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    "I will make you cry blood" OMG!!! Jillian is just evil. If I had been Ada I would had lost another two pounds shitting myself when Jillian said that to her.

vCash
    I think there will be maybe one or two women among the last 7 or 8 contestants remaining this season unless this 'new yellow line' thing is changed back to the traditional way.

I, however, do like that they are playing as individuals from the start since they are all strangers. I've always thought it'd be interesting if this show (or Survivor) would play individually for an entire season. I'd just like to see it with the traditional yellow line, instead.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    ok, I had laundry going, so I went downstairs to get it after the weigh in but before the vote, figuring it would be between Anna and Elizabeth (of the two, I was hoping Elizabeth would be the one going home). I come back up and they voted out RICK?!?! If they were going to get rid of a guy, how did Brendan escape? Whether he threw it or not, dude only lost 2 pounds....
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Hubby and watched last night. Brendan definitely threw the weight in and judging by the way Allison, Jillian and the rest of the black team, they were not expecting it. I'm guessing next week Black team has trust issues and if they lose again, Brenden is on his way home. I'm glad they did not vote Anna off. That would have been cruel, but really, she should have taken immunity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lise View Post
    I'm guessing next week Black team has trust issues and if they lose again, Brenden is on his way home.
    I get the same feeling. Brendan is smarmy as all heck, and I'd love to see the girls band together and knock out the guys in that group. Rick and Brendan came off so fake when they were all making their pleas. And what's up with his EYELINER?! What WAS that? Didn't buy their tears for one second. Really glad to see Rick gone. Looks like he's doing great at home, so that's good for him. I'm on team Ada right now.

vCash
    Can someone tell me how Rick ended up being a target? I'm still just shocked.

Also very glad Anna didn't go home, but why the heck didn't she take immunity (was down in the laundry room for that too)?!?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Can someone tell me how Rick ended up being a target? I'm still just shocked.
    They did the leader board for the highest % of body fat lost and Rick was leading. The group saw him as small framed and a lot of weight to lose. BTW... He looked great at home!

I hope the black team girls band together and vote everyone of those black shirt team males off. I can't stand any of them!

vCash
    The black team guys think they are on Survivor not the Biggest Loser. They are so focused on playing the game and not wanting to learn how to change their lifestyle.

Carol

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    When Jillian asked Anna why she didn't take the immunity, she told Jillian she didn't want to lose the chance of working w/her. Since it was Jillian who was supporting her, trying to get her through to the finish on the challenge to get on the show, Anna wanted to stay w/Jillian as her trainer.

Which actually does make some sense. Don't get me wrong, I would have taken the immunity too, but I understand why Anna did it.

I also understand that if Brendan thinks that his act is fooling Jillian, then has he got an awakening coming big time!! We all know what Jillian thinks of game players who throw weigh ins after all.

I was shocked to see Rick gone too. Elizabeth I could understand, but Rick!?! That was plain and simple a game play move and nothing more. You know, I thought it would take a lot for a player to get under my skin like Melissa did, but Brendan's getting awfully close to surpassing my dislike for that woman. I think last night might just tip the scales though.

I really hope if it's another Black Team elimination next week, they see through Brendan's game play.

Rick really does look great though and that sight of him w/a Grandson sitting on each foot and trying to score a goal w/the football on them in the game they were playing was priceless.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    They took the opportunity to get rid of a threat early, but they are banking on the fact that the 3 remaining guys plus Ada can keep them out of the elimination going forward.

Rick looked great, and I have high hopes for the 2 they showed so far whose families and communities have gotten totally involved. Better chance at keeping it up.

vCash
    Loved that they showed Rick's SIL too.

BTW how awesome is Ada?

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Loved that they showed Rick's SIL too.
    Yes and good for him on his weight loss too!!

BTW how awesome is Ada?
    Very!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    When Jillian asked Anna why she didn't take the immunity, she told Jillian she didn't want to lose the chance of working w/her. Since it was Jillian who was supporting her, trying to get her through to the finish on the challenge to get on the show, Anna wanted to stay w/Jillian as her trainer.

Which actually does make some sense. Don't get me wrong, I would have taken the immunity too, but I understand why Anna did it.
    It does make some sense, BUT she only knew Jillian for one day. Although Jillian tends to have better results (at least with the biggest loser winning), I'm sure Boob would help her shed a pound or two.

I really liked last season's cast where everyone played the game in harmony. Not a fan of this drama shiz at all.

Oh yeah, and Ada is freakin' awesome. I was and when she finished the stair climb before the others and it looked like she wasn't even out of breath. I'm just heartbroken about her story, though.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Anyone still watching? It sure is a dull season.

vCash
    Go Ada.

That's all I have to say.

vCash
    TBL was pre-empted last night for local election coverage but I got a brief recap online.

I'm with FB - go Ada. Everything else about this season is kinda zzzzz

vCash
    TBL was pre-empted last night for local election coverage but I got a brief recap online.

I'm with FB - go Ada. Everything else about this season is kinda zzzzz
    The full episode is online at NBC.com. It was just an hour last night as opposed to 2.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast