Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    Now I'm kind of sorry I didn't watch the whole thing on Tuesday night because I definitely would have voted for Ada. If she doesn't make it into the final 3 then I think it must be rigged. She deserves it a whole lot more than Elizabeth.

I thought Frado's paying it forward was great. I really like him, too, without Brandon around. I do think Patrick is going to win the whole thing, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    I thought Frado's paying it forward was great. I really like him, too, without Brandon around. I do think Patrick is going to win the whole thing, though.
    ITA, but was Brandon considered the ringleader? Or was it a case that all three of them together made them look like idiots bad?

It was nice to see Ada's family present, however I still don't think that the dad gets it (or he's in denial). While mom was showing sympathy, Ada seemed to be a little cold or a bit tentative when hugging her.

I think that we'll see a landslide for Ada to get into the final, but Patrick seems to be losing weight very quickly and he looks like he's going to win it. I'd like for it to be really close.

vCash
    I totally agree - I want Ada to be in the final. However, I do think that Patrick will win.

I worry about Elizabeth and Ada - they both seemed to really struggle at home and I hope that is not foreshadowing what will come for them when the show is finished.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    I worry about Elizabeth and Ada - they both seemed to really struggle at home and I hope that is not foreshadowing what will come for them when the show is finished.
    I agree with this. I think Ada will be better off than Elizabeth -- I think part of Ada's problem was worrying about what her family was thinking or if they'd have any confrontations with what she had said about them previously on the show. Elizabeth I think might have got things together a little bit once Jillian stopped by. Had the trainers not gone to visit the contestants, I'm pretty sure Elizabeth wouldn't have lost as much while she was at home. If she's not careful once the show is over, I think she might unfortunately put the weight back on pretty easily.

I agree with Patrick winning this. He looked like a completely new man after his home stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by venja View Post
    ITA, but was Brandon considered the ringleader? Or was it a case that all three of them together made them look like idiots bad?
    I don't know, maybe they all just fed off of one another. I think Brandon had a few times where he seemed to me to think of himself as the leader but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break
    Had the trainers not gone to visit the contestants, I'm pretty sure Elizabeth wouldn't have lost as much while she was at home. If she's not careful once the show is over, I think she might unfortunately put the weight back on pretty easily
    I agree with this. I still don't think Elizabeth really understands the roots of her problems and what to do. I also think maybe her past health issues make it hard for her to push herself. It will be interesting to see if she turns up on any subsequent shows, and to see if she does maintain her weight loss.

vCash
    IMO, I think Elizabeth never learned to stand on her own two feet. She talked a good game, but her actions never showed she learned what the trainers were trying to teach her. She leaned on the Mafia boys to keep her on the show, during teams she relied on her teammate for help and as soon as she went home, she moved in with a boyfriend to "help" her.

Ada's father-I got him on the"I work for you" thing, translation "of course, I love you". He didn't understand she needed to hear it. My dad checks out my car, cleans my gutters and fixes stuff--it's just his way of saying he loves me. He has a hard time saying the words, but I know he does.

However, saying he wish she was dead instead of his son was abusive and cruel.

vCash
    According to EW, Jillian Michaels is leaving the Biggest Loser after next season. I don't know if the show will be the same without her.

Carol

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    She left before and came back - hopefully she'll do the same again. Sounds like she wants to have a kid, good for her.

I just hope they find a better replacement than the useless Kim
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Maybe they'll bring back a former contestant who is now a trainer? That could be interesting...

vCash
    That would be very interesting. Aren't a few of the former contestants now trainers?

I read that there will be more than one trainer who will replace Jillian. I'm wondering if it's going to be the new trainers against Bob & Jillian next season.

I wish that Jillian would have said that she'd be missing just the one season. Doesn't Allison have a family and juggle the two shows? Regardless, I'm thinking that if things do not go well once Jillian leaves, the show is done - the show already doesn't do that well in ratings.

vCash
    the show is done - the show already doesn't do that well in ratings.
    It's on NBC, so the "not good ratings" are actually considered gold for them.

vCash
    I wish that Jillian would have said that she'd be missing just the one season. Doesn't Allison have a family and juggle the two shows?
    She probably didn't say it because she doesn't know. TV is a die gig for Jillian - she's got a whole fitness empire. I imagine that'll be her first priority if/when she returns to work. Plus, she's not pregnant now - we're looking at probably a minimum of a year, and doesn't this show go 2x per year?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    She probably didn't say it because she doesn't know. TV is a die gig for Jillian - she's got a whole fitness empire. I imagine that'll be her first priority if/when she returns to work. Plus, she's not pregnant now - we're looking at probably a minimum of a year, and doesn't this show go 2x per year?

From the articles that I read, Jillian cannot have children so she would like to adopt.

Carol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Yeah, the show does go two times a year. Maybe I should have said that I wish that Jillian would have said that she may return to the show in the future. How old is she anyway?

Wasn't Jillian being sued over her supplements or something - what came out of that?

vCash
    Thanks carol - I didn't know that about Jillian.

Finale time!!
    Speaking of Jillian, I hope someone fixes her hair on break. Looks great from the front but the bumpit action looks like a
    Mistake from the side.

Next season already looks interesting - Rulan Gardiner?!? Wow

vCash
    Ok, call me hard-hearted but I don't think the next season chick who hasn't been able to carry a child because of her weight is that dramatic of a backstory. Sorry, but after the woman whose husband and child were killed in a car accident the definition of "hardstory" for this show has changed.

ETA: on the other hand it freaks me out that they take on a contestant who had to loose 100+ pounds to just get on the show

Mark and Rick andthe first guy all look fantastic! Aaron looks a decade younger. Of the women, Anna and (surprisingly) Elizabeth look awesome!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Mark, Jesse, Aaron, Rick and Elizabeth all look amazing, but Patrick...WOW!!

I am so happy he won, as he *really* did need the money to pay his family back on those loans. Not to mention the other outstanding bills that needed paid. Happy to also hear someone out there offered him a job and what a great job for him too. To work w/obese kids at an Academy. As Patrick himself said, not only does he know what those kids are going through, but they'll help him to keep things going too. Win win!!

I just hope Ada's family don't see tonight as her not winning just because she's not leaving w/any money. She did win and I really wish the best for her.

The new Season in three weeks time looks *very* interesting!!

vCash
    Just saw Patrick on Regis & Kelly. Nice man and he looks great. I think what really helped him was his wife making changes while he was gone, so when he got home it was to a good atmosphere. She lost weight at home, so I think they're committed and will be good for the long haul.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    I think the other female trainer is Laila Ali... but I could be wrong.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345