Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Something creepy today I noticed: the US re-broadcast of the HD NBC show from this afternoon, was on TAPE, not FILM. Made it look like 1970s archival footage or a Bud Greenspan "16 Days of Glory" documentary. The gymnastics repeats this week also are TAPE. (even though the original and initial repeats were FILM).

I hate tape!

-Bridget

PS Did today's FD LIVE coverage go overtime? I decided to record the repeat instead because of the NBC afternoon coverage (I wouldn't be home to change discs and I record in SP), forgetting that something might've gotten chacked TIA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John 3 17 View Post
    PS Did today's FD LIVE coverage go overtime? I decided to record the repeat instead because of the NBC afternoon coverage (I wouldn't be home to change discs and I record in SP), forgetting that something might've gotten chacked TIA.
    Nope

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    The broadcast of the short dance and Ladies SP from Cup of China has started on Universal Sports. Dance commentary by Tanith Belbin and Andrea Joyce. They just showed Hoffmann/Zavozin.

ETA
    Short Dances shown:
    Hoffmann/Zavozin
    Ralph/Hill
    Bobrova/Soloviev
    Hubbells
    Faiella/Scali
    Pechalat/Bourzat

Ladies SPs shown (Tara Lipinski commentary):
    Bingwa Geng
    Amanda Dobbs
    Joshi Helgesson
    Mirai Nagasu
    Alena Leonova
    Akiko Suzuki
    Miki Ando
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 11-05-2010 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    Ooh, I just turned it on and heard "Ten Minutes Ago" from R&H's Cinderella! I LOVE that song!!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Do the videos on Universal Sports not work for anyone else right now?? I've never had problems before!

vCash
    Ugh. Missed the broadcast earlier. I checked my Comcast listings and got "TBA" (as usual, ), checked Heather W's schedule which is sadly out of date, and didn't bother to check NBC's because last week it was totally wrong on the times for NHK. That'll teach me to check just Universal Sports' website

Since it wasn't live, I'm thinking that the broadcast didn't go overtime? And that the repeat will not be editted? I hope so, sure didn't mean to miss it :

Looking forward to tonight's broadcast, won't miss that!

-Bridget

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Here is the universal sports TV and online schedule for Cup of China
    http://www.universalsports.com/news/...id=497176.html

And here is the full GP Series viewer's guide:
    http://www.universalsports.com/news/...id=496717.html

I try to keep my schedule (in my signature) as up to date as possible.

vCash
    I don't know if this has been answered already, but is Universal Sports going to broadcast US Nationals online too? And Four Contients, Euros, and Worlds? Even if they are paid subscriptions?

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by southernskater View Post
    I don't know if this has been answered already, but is Universal Sports going to broadcast US Nationals online too? And Four Contients, Euros, and Worlds? Even if they are paid subscriptions?
    The online live coverage of US Nationals will be on icenetwork.com. Icenetwork has the exclusive online live rights to Skate America and US Nationals.

Like in previous seasons, Universal Sports TV (primarily) and NBC should have live TV coverage of most of the senior events at US Nationals.

Universal Sports.com has not made any announcements so far, but I think it is fair to assume at this point that they will provide online live coverage of 2011 Worlds for a subscription fee.

Not sure if Universal Sports.com is going to provide online live subscription feeds for Euros or 4CCs. The only coverage of these two events that was provided last year was a few hours of taped coverage on Universal Sports TV.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Skate America Coverage

Universal Sports and NBC Sports to Air 14 Hours of LIVE "Skate America" Coverage This Weekend
    November 11, 2010: Universal Sports and NBC Sports will highlight 18 U.S figure skaters this weekend, with 14 hours of LIVE television coverage of the 2010 Skate America in Portland, Ore. The event starts tomorrow (Friday) and runs through Sunday, and serves as stage four of six in the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series. Universal Sports will kick-off the LIVE coverage tomorrow at 10 p.m. ET with the men’s and pairs short program and NBC Sports will wrap up the coverage on Sunday at 4 p.m. ET with the ladies free skate. Calling the action from the Rose Garden Arena for NBC Sports and Universal Sports will be Terry Gannon, Andrea Joyce, Scott Hamilton and Tracy Wilson, with Peter Carruthers joining the Universal Sports broadcasts.
    Full TV and Online Schedule

Universal Sports TV: LIVE TV coverage of all events except for Ladies FS
    NBC: LIVE coverage of Ladies FS plus other event highlights on Sunday 4-6pm ET
    icenetwork.com: LIVE online coverage of all events except for Ladies FS
    universalsports.com: NO online live coverage
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 11-12-2010 at 01:23 AM.

moving right along
    vCash
    Scott Hamilton calling the action. whyyyyyyyyyy? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

If they don't get Lipinski into that booth for the big events, they are fools.

vCash
    My guess is that they may want to get her seasoned first by letting her cover the "smaller" events? I think it's a transitional period. I notice Tom Hammond and Sandra Bezic are notably absent...that shows that they are trying to prepare a new broadcast team, perhaps for if they cover the 2014 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Scott Hamilton calling the action........

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Drinking Game time, folks! Take a swig every time Scott grunts. We'll be dead-drunk by midnight.

Ah but here's the good news: NO SANDRA BEZIK!!!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Late night/early morn' broadcast (ET) + weekend = potentially booze-soaked PBP.

Methinks the Beaded Clutch Brigade will be out in full force Saturday at 10pmish (ET).

vCash
    As a reminder Skate Am. is supposed to be on live tonight at 10 EST. Men's & Pair's short programs.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Well, UniSports.com was going along swimmingly, then I found I couldn’t find video feeds without the damn billboard ad anymore. I did fire off a firm email to them complaining that paying subscribers shouldn’t be subject to ads that take of a third of the screen. Anybody else notice this? Any solutions?
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Well, UniSports.com was going along swimmingly, then I found I couldn’t find video feeds without the damn billboard ad anymore. I did fire off a firm email to them complaining that paying subscribers shouldn’t be subject to ads that take of a third of the screen. Anybody else notice this? Any solutions?
    I got the billboard add during the gymnastics worlds. Sometimes it was there and sometimes it was not. It's annoying, esp. when you are a paid subscriber.

No idea on how to get rid of it.

vCash
    Yeah I get it too! At first it wasn't there all the time so I'd keep refreshing until I didn't get it but now it's there ALL the time! I should send them an e-mail too. If I pay for this I shouldn't have to see a huge ad all the time.
    Last edited by maclou; 11-16-2010 at 04:05 AM.

vCash
    I agree!! I can't even make it a full screen because of the ads. Its just a tad bit bigger and it does not make me want to buy asiacs shoes!!

vCash
    The Free Dance is on now "Presented without commentary". Perhaps in response to posters here who want that. It would be neat just as a change of pace, however you can hear soft commentary in the background....almost sounds mumbled, so hopefully they will either fully mute the commentary or just leave it in.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast