Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Yes. I was very shocked about this..I hope it can be fixed.

vCash
    This is kind of random, but are y'all aware that yesterday's GP event was the cause of a HUGEEE drama for gymnastics fans? Apparently since the GP event ran late, UniSports couldn't start broadcasting the gymnastic's EF live; they started a HALF HOUR LATE. Man, people were ticked. Now UniSports has announced that they're giving a refund to anyone who wants it who bought the Worlds package because so many people are angry about this morning. I know I sent them a nice scathing letter or two.

I really do hope that the figure skating premium events on UniSports has been going better for you than gym has for us...just our luck that the comps would have to collide.

vCash

US chackage

Well, they weren't covering FS live, so they had time to set up what they wanted to show. And they chacked I&K's 3rd place Short Dance, a bad choice, nor did they show the craziness of M&N, the 6th place team in the FD, in short, the dance coverage was a bit skimpy. I'd have like to see the Reeds Addams Family SD on the TV, for that matter.

OTOH I like Tanith as a dance commentator quiet well!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    We were able to watch several hours of on-demand UniSports coverage of NHK on the laptop which was hooked up to our big screen TV. Very nice indeed!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by challon View Post
    Has anyone tried watching the on-demand coverage of NHK Pairs and Ice Dance.
    They only have 6 minutes of the pairs free skate and 15 minutes of the Free Dance.
    It's been fixed.

vCash
    I'm thinking of paying for the Comcast GP coverage online. It'd probably be much easier for me, since I don't have the channel. I figured out that my parents' digital cable has it... but I don't want to visit the folks THAT much! Especially since they hate skating and just look at me and sigh the whole time, as if they couldn't just leave or watch the other three TVs in their house!

Anyways, what I'm asking is if US has archives of the competitions. I don't think I can catch all the competitions live, but is there a way to see all of it later online? Like IceNetwork does, but you know, cheaper!

vCash
    If you pay, they have archives.

However, if it is like their Olympic coverage, the videos disappear sometimes.

And sometimes they get mislabelled.

Their Worlds 2009 files had the FD kept but the OD missing, for example. Weirdly, when you opened the archive, it was the OD inside and the FD was missing. Go figure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy L View Post
    I'm thinking of paying for the Comcast GP coverage online. It'd probably be much easier for me, since I don't have the channel. I figured out that my parents' digital cable has it... but I don't want to visit the folks THAT much! Especially since they hate skating and just look at me and sigh the whole time, as if they couldn't just leave or watch the other three TVs in their house!
    Wait, Comcast has a GP package of their own? I'm setting up service with them this week since moving back to the Philly area.

vCash
    No, sorry, I just got mixed up! I was talking about Universal Sports only. I had Comcast in my head since they carry that channel on their Digital Cable Package (in Houston they do, anyways).

vCash
    Comcast does carry Universal Sports in Philadelphia as well, so you should be able to see all the coverage Lara.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Schedule for Skate Canada TV and Online coverage in the USA
    http://www.universalsports.com/news/...id=496721.html

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Universalsports.com's online subscription now includes links for the Universal Sports TV coverage (in addition to the commentary-free coverage)! I like to listen to the dance commentary, so this is a surprise treat.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I didn't watch any of my recordings today yet... but it looks like they're not showing the pairs SP at all - is that right? I know it's a sucky field, but I'd at least like to see a couple.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I didn't watch any of my recordings today yet... but it looks like they're not showing the pairs SP at all - is that right? I know it's a sucky field, but I'd at least like to see a couple.
    Frau Muller mentioned that the commentators said during the Ladies SP broadcast that US would show some Pairs SP during the breaks between Men SP and Short Dance tonight since they have a 4-hour (6-10pm) broacasting bloc tonight.

vCash
    Just to let you know for the rebroadcasts, UniSports showed the top 3 pairs SPs.

vCash
    Does anyone know if the rebroadcasts are the same as the live coverage? I know that for World's this past year the rebroadcasts showed less skaters than the live coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    Does anyone know if the rebroadcasts are the same as the live coverage? I know that for World's this past year the rebroadcasts showed less skaters than the live coverage.
    I haven't noticed any differences so far, but I haven't checked all the rebroadcasts, either. I think, though, that if the rebroadcast has the same running time as the original, it will have the same content. I believe the discrepancies arise when they set the initial schedule, then lengthen one of the original programs without making a change to the time slots for the reruns. That's when the hacksaw comes out.

It's always best to try to catch or record the initial broadcast.

vCash
    Also, NBC is showing a summary program each Sunday following the event. I haven't watched the whole of today's NHK show, but they had the last flight of the men, plus Meryl & Charlie's FD that I have seen so far.

vCash
    So does the UniSports rebroadcast of NBC coverage the same or do they add 1-2 more programs, since the NBC broadcast is usually shortened by 'Sports Desk' before and after the skating broadcast?
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Also, NBC is showing a summary program each Sunday following the event. I haven't watched the whole of today's NHK show, but they had the last flight of the men, plus Meryl & Charlie's FD that I have seen so far.

vCash
    I'm not really sure. But the music was much better synched to the dances in the NBC show than the original US show.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast