Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I watched a few Regionals vids on my laptop and my 42" widescreen TV and didn't have any issues with image distortion when I used the full-screen option. It fits both screens perfectly - I was happy not to see the black bars!

vCash
    I just subscribed, paid and then found IN service is *BLACKOUTed* here in Korea. Did IN block the service ever before?

Is there only way for me to cancel the charge? For the moment, I'm just waiting any positive reaction from IN.
    This too will pass away.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post
    I just subscribed, paid and then found IN service is *BLACKOUTed* here in Korea. Did IN block the service ever before?

Is there only way for me to cancel the charge? For the moment, I'm just waiting any positive reaction from IN.
    IN has always blacked out their coverage of ISU competitions for other countries. I think you can watch US National competitions but that is it.

See here: http://web.icenetwork.com/help/blackout.jsp

I'd try to call and get the charge cancelled if you can.

Russian WebTV is a non-geoblocked source of live FS coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RunnersHigh View Post

IN has always been a US-only service, I believe. I wish they made that clear on their website.

vCash
    Thank you, HisWeirness, RD.

Very sorry for missing the GP Series and final but I'm OK. I wanna enjoy other services. I have to notice the blackout before purchasing. Thank you again!
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    If any of you have the problem with the IN screen being blank but the music is audible in full screen, however the video can be seen in small screen mode:

Uncheck "Enable hardware acceleration" option in the Adobe Flash Player Display settings.

You can get to these settings by right clicking on the small display while a video is playing. Select "Settings" from the little menu that comes up.

A recent update of the player changed the default for this setting to On. Unfortunately, this setting is incompatible with older video cards.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Great tip, I've heard about hardware acceleration causing issues sometimes.

Thanks Doris!

vCash
    I just checked the full screen mode for the IceNetwork Player in both IE and FireFox browsers tonight and the vertical stretching problem seems to be fixed. The presentation is identical to the small screen. Thankyou IceNetwork techs.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Great!

A person over at GS was apparently taken on a ride into Firefox to solve a problem that a 'tech' at IN blamed on a recent Microsoft update. The person claimed this problem is systemic and unsolved at IN. OTOH, I'm not having a problem (once I solved the hardware acceleration issue). I'm on XP.

Is anyone with Windows 7 or Vista having a problem seeing vids at all?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    I just checked the full screen mode for the IceNetwork Player in both IE and FireFox browsers tonight and the vertical stretching problem seems to be fixed. The presentation is identical to the small screen. Thankyou IceNetwork techs.
    I'm glad they were able to accommodate you so quickly. In the past, you're complaint may have gone on the backburner, or perhaps, completely unnoticed. I'm glad the IN "techs" are stepping it up.

vCash
    While watching Universal Sports TV's late-night coverage of the World Aerobic and Acro gymnastics Championships, I caught a commercial for US's upcoming G-P Series TV coverage which clearly mentioned that "six events and the finals" will be covered. So perhaps that means that we'll get US TV coverage of Cup of China too?

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    Yes! I just checked the same thing using the regionals coverage and on my 4:3 monitor the video image was not stretched.

I've tested watching both the Windows media and Flash player icenetwork videos and they worked well on Firefox on a computer with Windows XP. I was having trouble with the Windows media files at first, but when I configured my settings as suggested here by icenetwork, I had no problems.

It's a good idea today (during business hours ) to test that icenetwork's Windows media and new Flash player work with your computer/network setup. Try watching one of the 400k or 800k videos on the video page that run using Windows media. Also try watching some coverage from Regionals that plays in the new Flash player. If you are on a Mac make sure you have the latest version of Flip4Mac installed.

I don't know if icenetwork is planning on live streaming the GP coverage using the Flash player or the Windows media player (in past seasons they used the Windows media player) so it is a good idea to make sure both are working.

Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    So perhaps that means that we'll get US TV coverage of Cup of China too?
    Let's hope. They haven't released their schedule beyond Skate Canada yet.
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 10-21-2010 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    While watching Universal Sports TV's late-night coverage of the World Aerobic and Acro gymnastics Championships, I caught a commercial for US's upcoming G-P Series TV coverage which clearly mentioned that "six events and the finals" will be covered. So perhaps that means that we'll get US TV coverage of Cup of China too?
    I get Universal Sports here in Visalia, CA on Comcast channel 187 but the picture is not a sharp digital one. It originates out of the Comcast San Francisco hub and I have complained so many times about it... but to no avail. So I basically watch UniversalSports.com streams instead.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Universal Sports has always been one of the lowest-quality channels for me too unfortunately (in NYC Time Warner, will have to see if Philly Comcast is any improvement). I'd happily pay extra for an HD version like the Tennis Channel has, oh well. Definitely better than nothing!

vCash

More icenetwork tips...

Doris, thank you for the flash setting info. Additionally, I had to change the "local storage" option to "unlimited." I also could not get the video to work in IE, even though it worked fine a couple weeks ago when I tested it. But it worked for me in Google Chrome.

In case it helps....
    Charlie has taught me so much about positivity and your outlook on life, and that it’s your choice in the way you see the world and the way you react to situations. ~Sharna Burgess

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    I have a Universal Sports online question. Can you watched the archived events for free? I know you have to pay to watch it live, but if you want to watch it later, do you still have to pay?

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I have a Universal Sports online question. Can you watched the archived events for free? I know you have to pay to watch it live, but if you want to watch it later, do you still have to pay?
    Yes. You have to pay to have access to both the live and video on demand.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Aw, ok. Thanks.

vCash
    Unless you just want to spend money, why not watch it on tvali.ge as one of our members mentioned in another thread. That is where I watched all the events. While sporadically there were problems with loading, I would give it a "good" rating overall and then, of course, it is free. In announcements, they mention they will be showing Skate Canada and probably others, as my Russian is non existent.

vCash
    Has anyone tried watching the on-demand coverage of NHK Pairs and Ice Dance.
    They only have 6 minutes of the pairs free skate and 15 minutes of the Free Dance.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast