Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash

What a Halloween costume!!! Johnny looks like Edward Scissorhands on crack... 'scuse my drug references.

“No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.” Oscar Wilde

“If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is ugliness”

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”

moving right along
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starbucks View Post
    New outfit
    But is this something that Liza Minnelli would wear?

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    No. Even Liza is not that great of an attention whore.

vCash
    I sense someone getting desperate that his 15 minutes may be winding to a close.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Oh, yes, Johnny and his "15 minutes" I think will endure beyond Halloween, and beyond an outrageously over-the-top Halloween costume. If it was up to some people in figure skating, Johnny's "15 minutes" would have ended well before he was thrown into the larger public eye at the 2006 Olympics. Some perhaps thought or hoped Johnny's time was over in 2003, and surely they knew it had to be expired in 2009. N O T!!! What we do or say likely has little bearing on the extent of Johnny's time in the spotlight. One thing is certain, Johnny's "15 minutes" so-called will be over much faster in the minds of those who will it to be so, if only they could stop watching ...

BTW, the camera, the fascination, the interest, and the snarking are following Johnny ... not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Perhaps not even Cher ... though it is eerily reminiscent of an outfit Cher once wore to the Oscars (without the explicit cut-outs and headgear).

Strikes me that it might be fun to do or wear something outrageous every once and awhile -- get away from the boring same-old, same-old. Johnny's tastes (or lack thereof) not everyone's cup of tea or coffee. Better to be safe and non-attention grabbing. As if we all don't like attention and love. Thing about Johnny, IMO, he don't do what he does for attention -- he's expressing however he feels, and experimenting in life without fear. That scares and bothers some people, or either makes them jealous or feel the need to point fingers and criticize. I think Johnny's having fun ... and it's fun to see what he'll wear or do next, and laugh with him.

Have fun while you're young, young people and maybe you'll never grow old in spirit. Sorry to say, if you live long enough, your body will grow old and slowly deteriorate. If you have a lightness of spirit, I think the body more efficiently weathers and endures the passing years. Grumpiness, bitterness, hostility -- that ends "15 minutes" faster than anyone can say "Boo!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    BTW, the camera, the fascination, the interest, and the snarking are following Johnny ... not the other way around.
    [snip]
    Strikes me that it might be fun to do or wear something outrageous every once and awhile -- get away from the boring same-old, same-old.
    Yeah, we get it. Johnny is just being his fun-loving self, not looking for attention at all, and anyone who doesn't like what he wears is a bitter old hag who probably has never had any fun at all in their life. Thanks for sorting that out yet again.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    It's not a skating competition, so Johnny is free to dress how he feels. This wouldn't look out of place on a fashion catwalk in Milan, I guess.

But, seeing what Johnny was wearing for Halloween makes me realise that, at 42, how little (I understand or) have in common with young people. It's a different world.

vCash
    Happy Halloween, overedge.

Trust me, being out of sorts is no fun at all. BTW, I'm sharing my own opinions, and you're entitled to yours. Feel free to summarize, but your summaries are your own as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Trust me, being out of sorts is no fun at all. BTW, I'm sharing my own opinions, and you're entitled to yours. Feel free to summarize, but your summaries are your own as well.
    If everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you sure wouldn't know it from your posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I sense someone getting desperate that his 15 minutes may be winding to a close.
    Yeah, we get it. Johnny is just being his fun-loving self, not looking for attention at all, and anyone who doesn't like what he wears is a bitter old hag who probably has never had any fun at all in their life. Thanks for sorting that out yet again.
    If everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you sure wouldn't know it from your posts.
    I love you so, I truly do!

vCash
    I've got strong opinions, and I'm not afraid to share them.

Fortunately, I'm not running for office ... and no one has to agree with me.

Aside from all snarkin' and bitterness, life would indeed be boring if everyone always agreed with each other. It is possible to learn and grow through sharing a difference of opinion -- maybe this is not the best venue for that. But there are some FSU posters I've definitely learned something from even if I don't always agree with them. Ultimately, you either get it or you don't ... and that's a fact.

vCash
    Maybe Johnny can wear that when he comes to Australia to do a Christmas show (yes he apparently is coming).
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    This wouldn't look out of place on a fashion catwalk in Milan, I guess.
    Are you kidding? Italian designers like Valentino and D&G have too much taste to design things like this. It looks like Johny bought an all black pleather outfit from a sex shop and then cut out the holes himself.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    He looks like the lovechild of Edward Scissorhands, Marilyn Manson, and Christina Aguilera (Not Myself Tonight video), which was probably his intention as he adores Christina. He needs to make a return to eligible competition wearing that outfit and skating to an instrumental of "Personal Jesus". That would get everyone .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    He needs to make a return to eligible competition wearing that outfit and skating to an instrumental of "Personal Jesus". That would get everyone .
    So you think that "pouch" is going to hold everything in? Level 4 scrotum view.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Maybe Johnny can wear that when he comes to Australia to do a Christmas show (yes he apparently is coming).
    Really? So he was not kidding in those interviews?

vCash
    Yes he apparently is in negotiations with the new rink in Melbourne and doing a show here.

I think he is being brought out by the person who was rude to him on Australian TV during the Winter Olympics.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I think he is being brought out by the person who was rude to him on Australian TV during the Winter Olympics.
    Why do I sense this is only some ploy on their part to further mock him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Why do I sense this is only some ploy on their part to further mock him?
    After the way the guys who made fun of Johnny got attacked themselves, and the way Johnny handled it, they wouldn't dare. They did in fact after that treat him with the utmost respect because he wouldn't let them do that to him. I have quite a few clips of the Olympics coverage of interviews with him and he even did a post Olympics fashion wrap up which was very funny.

Anyway the one thing about Johnny is that no-one mocks him more than himself and he just doesn't take himself too seriously.

It is actually going to be great for our skating scene and I am sure the shows will be sell outs. There are people at my work who plan to go and see it because of Johnny and they know nothing about skating.

Probably after Torvill and Dean, Johnny is now the best known skater in Australia.
    Last edited by Aussie Willy; 11-02-2010 at 05:30 AM.

vCash
    Johnny's book is now available for presale on Amazon -- a link is posted in GreatSkateDebate thread. Release is set for January 11, 2011.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast