Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Well, he also hit the top 10 In People's best dressed issue, unfortunately for worst dressed for his Kentucky Derby gear and picture hat.

Yes, I agree let him have fun, he has his own style. Of course, I don't think for a minute he'd bother to do this if it didn't get him a crapload of attention and every camera in his face, but that's what he enjoys, so let him enjoy. Having been a costumer myself, I can understand why he loves costume.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    Desperate Attention-Seeking Whore.
    LOL!
    But, I did love his comment, *You only live once.*

I don't think he could be mistaken for either the Liza of today the Liza of 40 yrs ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Good Lord! Where's Bob Mackie when you need him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    LOL!
    But, I did love his comment, *You only live once.*

I don't think he could be mistaken for either the Liza of today the Liza of 40 yrs ago.
    I loved that comment too... except I want to look good because I live only once.

vCash
    ITA. Why make a fool of yourself when you can actually look good?

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    ITA. Why make a fool of yourself when you can actually look good?
    Perhaps he's wearing that outfit because it's what he likes. People's ideas about what looks good are different. *shrug*
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    You may be right of course. But when people have a hard time to find at least ONE recent outfit that didn't make him look hideous, I think that kinda signals 'Huston, we have a problem here...'. IMHO.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    You may be right of course. But when people have a hard time to find at least ONE recent outfit that didn't make him look hideous, I think that kinda signals 'Huston, we have a problem here...'. IMHO.

ITA! And why pay to have hair styled in ways that make him look so bad. I would be taking my hairdresser to Court if I came out looking like that. But of course, he can do whatever he wants. I assume it is to shock and get people talking about him, just like we are doing here. He cannot honestly like the look.

vCash
    ...He cannot honestly like the look.
    Oh, sure he can. Lots of fashionistas have incredibly bad taste.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Oh, sure he can. Lots of fashionistas have incredibly bad taste.
    How about a new reality show for him? Each week a different stylest tries to do something with his hair? Or maybe give the fans a chance to create a hairstyle for the poor child. LOL

vCash
    I think Nomad is right. "Fashionistas" have a whole different outlook on style from the rest of us. They can become slaves to trends which are not always the most flattering. As much as I love Johnny, the pouf hairdo is not my fave. Nor do I like it slicked back like a wet Pekinese. I love his curls. He hates them. I do like most of his outfits. He's a risk taker and he's not self conscious and has the body to pull off almost anything. It's fun. Face it you'll never see him in Wranglers and a plaid flannel shirt or a plain tee from Sears. I just find it funny that people get so worked up about his clothes. He's always been this way. And quite frankly if a famous designer like Mizrahi knew and cared that I was coming to his spring show and sent me something to wear I'd wear it like it or not. It's flattering to be recognised!

vCash
    Has Johnny ever had a good haircut?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Has Johnny ever had a good haircut?
    I was going to say yes, in 2001, but then I checked. At Jr Worlds it looks like Patti cut it with a pair of blunt pinking shears. Blindfolded. After drinking a six-pack.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    I think Nomad is right. "Fashionistas" have a whole different outlook on style from the rest of us. They can become slaves to trends which are not always the most flattering. As much as I love Johnny, the pouf hairdo is not my fave. Nor do I like it slicked back like a wet Pekinese. I love his curls. He hates them. I do like most of his outfits. He's a risk taker and he's not self conscious and has the body to pull off almost anything. It's fun. Face it you'll never see him in Wranglers and a plaid flannel shirt or a plain tee from Sears. I just find it funny that people get so worked up about his clothes. He's always been this way. And quite frankly if a famous designer like Mizrahi knew and cared that I was coming to his spring show and sent me something to wear I'd wear it like it or not. It's flattering to be recognised!
    I don't know who Mizrahi is, but that outfit was handpicked by a designer?
    Anyway, I think it's fun and kinda cool that he's not self conscious about looking good in conventional sense, and as a third person, it's fun to snark about it! I just hope he's doing it to satisfy his own aesthetic sensibility, for it will soon lose shock appeal. In fact, the only way I'll be shocked by his outfit is if he's caught dead wearing James Bond tux or something from Gap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I was going to say yes, in 2001, but then I checked. At Jr Worlds it looks like Patti cut it with a pair of blunt pinking shears. Blindfolded. After drinking a six-pack.
    See? I'm just sayin'. His cuts are almost always bad IMO.

vCash
    Go Johhny. Have fun. I will be to find out whether he intervenes or enables the man-jumpsuit.
    Charlie has taught me so much about positivity and your outlook on life, and that it’s your choice in the way you see the world and the way you react to situations. ~Sharna Burgess

vCash
    Hey Jersey Slore! I'm one too! Well not a slore. lol Isaac Mizrahi is a very famous designer. He didn't do the whole outfit, he just sent Johnny the fur. Everyone knows Johnny likes and will wear fur so he was a good choice for Mizrahi. The jacket was Chanel. I forget about the pants and shirt but the shoes were Louboutins. I think he would have gotten alot less flak for the outfit without the fur, but stars very often wear a designer's clothes to their shows. I must say I like the new tousled hairstyle.

vCash
    ITA! And why pay to have hair styled in ways that make him look so bad. I would be taking my hairdresser to Court if I came out looking like that. But of course, he can do whatever he wants. I assume it is to shock and get people talking about him, just like we are doing here. He cannot honestly like the look.
    Perhaps, pardon the pun, he's hoping to be on the cutting edge.

Indeed he can do whatever he wants. I generally find his costumes pretentious and annoying, BUT that doesn't mean they aren't totally awesome for those in the know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    ... Yes, I agree let him have fun, he has his own style. Of course, I don't think for a minute he'd bother to do this if it didn't get him a crapload of attention and every camera in his face, but that's what he enjoys, so let him enjoy. Having been a costumer myself, I can understand why he loves costume.

LOL, Johnny being Johnny grabs attention whether that's his aim or not. People love to and to snark. To each his own ... opinion. Personally, I don't think Johnny does anything because he's trying to attract attention. That seems to me to be more the take of people who are perplexed by him, or who feel the need to put him in a box or a slot of their own imagining that makes them feel more comfortable. I think Johnny loves living his life, expressing himself, and just being who he is. It seems that by just existing, Johnny attracts attention and holier than thou comments whether or not he or anyone else likes it. BTW, I don't think Johnny truly cares what others think about him. That's a gift and a lesson many don't seem to get. So much, apparently, not got about Johnny.

These words from Plain Dealer columnist Regina Brett in her recent book, God Never Blinks, seem so apropos: "What others think about you, is none of your business."

Ahhhh, another apt lesson in the same vein.

Might Johnny's book be enlightening for some? I doubt it. Probably will serve as more fodder for those who have so much to say and are so eager to be part of the "crapload" of attention the "poor misguided boy" in their minds, seemingly seeks.

Oh, and btw, that bad a*** attention-seeker tweeted a little while ago:

In the car going home. Waking up at 6 tomorrow for an all day photo shoot with some very special people for a magazine cover! Wink wink 3 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Wonder the mag ... can't wait to see and to read. Others can call me "uber," whatever that means ... it's none of my business what others think about my opinions, likes and dislikes. It's cool though to be able to express my opinions here every so often ... and to share, to discuss, to debate, to agree, to disagree.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 09-27-2010 at 06:38 AM.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Personally, I don't think Johnny does anything because he's trying to attract attention.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast