Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Brooke really cornered the market on the tape. Hubby was wondering if that is why a number of the other ladies seemed to be covered more than usual.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    If it comes to Maks/Brandy vs. Ihatederek/Jennifer, I'll register forty million accounts to vote for Maks..er Brandy. Of course the dirty dancing song was deliberate. I suspect we'll hear many more.
    It's too bad Brandy and Derek weren't put together. I would have been able to vote them off easily. I think I dislike Brandy more than Derek though.

vCash
    I was unpleasantly surprised with Cho's routine. Whoda thunk that Louis would go along with that? I really expected him to rein her in and channel the physicality of comedy into some decent dancing. Domage.

Still think Bolton's the first male off, but Mighty Cho gave him a run for the money.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Whoa. A grand total of 309 voting attempts registered by the DI software. Seems that voting by phone is going the way of the dinosaur.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post

I kind of feel for The Situation because his filming didn't allow him to practice, and I appreciate that he did work the best he could in 5 days.
    Well, I don't buy that unless there were some circumstances that we are not aware of. Everyone seems to keep working and touring (Bolton was in Vegas over the weekend playing at the hotel my son stayed in for example) during rehearsals, and the actual show air schedule for that matter. How intense could the filming of that rainwreck be that he couldn't find a few hours a day to practice.

His choice I suppose, perhaps he considered it a bit of a joke? but because of it I have no sympathy.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    It's too bad Brandy and Derek weren't put together. I would have been able to vote them off easily. I think I dislike Brandy more than Derek though.
    I know. They so need to switch partners. We're doomed.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I missed the last 3, so didn't see Jennifer Grey...I thought Audrina was underscored.

I thought Brandy was sweet and has potential, though I see what Carrie Ann meant about her being too emphatic in her movements for the Viennese (or however she put it). I split my votes between her and Audrina. Kyle was entertaining, but I'm sure he won't need my votes this week.

Bristol was overrated IMO, Kurt Warner as well, though he was ok. I thought Rick Fox was way better than Warner.

Margaret Cho's was one of the more bizarre dances I've seen on this show. Multiple personality.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I just hope all the comments about Bristol are related to her dancing and not her mother. She may not be a good dancer, but she's a gutsy kid.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I just hope all the comments about Bristol are related to her dancing and not her mother. She may not be a good dancer, but she's a gutsy kid.
    Although I loathe her mother with enough heat to melt all of Alaska, I'm not gonna take it out on her kid who is already suffering enough coming from that family. She's cute, still has some baby weight, she seems to be trying hard and she looks a lot like my daughter.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    so nothing negative can be said about Bristol because it's really all about her mother? What a load of crap. She was better than Kate G from last year and not as irritating as that situation person. Other than that, blah

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    so nothing negative can be said about Bristol because it's really all about her mother? What a load of crap. She was better than Kate G from last year and not as irritating as that situation person. Other than that, blah
    I didn't say nothing negative could be said about Bristol. I said it should be about her, not her mother. Perhaps you should learn to read before you talk about a load of crap.

Grooving!
    vCash
    My random thoughts on last night's show, which I watched in spite of myself:

Bottom of the barrel for me were Hasselhoff, Bolton, and Warner. I thought overall there was some good dancing (Jennifer Grey, Brandy, Rick Fox & Disney Boy), but a lot of potential (Audrina, Bristol, Margaret, even Florence). But a couple of serious WTFs scared me. Margaret's assinine Viennese Waltz was a terrible miscalculation. I'd hate to see her go home the first week, because I think she could turn out to be a decent dancer. Florence Henderson does NOT need to try to be the anti-Brady. It turns me off to see her trying to be a bad girl. Stupid. I also agree that Brandy is going to get seriously annoying if she doesn't take it down a notch.

As for the pros, I still despise Derek. Mark still comes in a close second.

I can't believe I'm already saying this, but I think I'd be happy if this was the last season for this show. I think it's time is up.

vCash
    I didn't say nothing negative could be said about Bristol. I said it should be about her, not her mother. Perhaps you should learn to read before you talk about a load of crap.
    the accusation was implicit. do not try to bully or threaten. it does not belong here.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
    I can't believe I'm already saying this, but I think I'd be happy if this was the last season for this show. I think it's time is up.
    This show really depends on its cast, and as much as I'm willing to give them a try, this cast just doesn't have anyone who really grabs me. But if they had someone I really liked (I'm a sucker for Olympic athletes) or someone with a lot of charisma, I'd be much more involved again.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    While IMO there is enough bad about Bristol's dancing to warrant snarkage on its own, I don't understand why there should be an embargo on snarking on her for her mother's sake. After all, she's on the show because of her mother.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I don't care one way or the other about Bristol, but I'd hope that the mindless fun of snakring about a tv dance show doesn't turn into a political discussion each week. Those tend to get repetitive pretty quickly to me, but snarking on costumes and dancing never grows old.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I don't care one way or the other about Bristol, but I'd hope that the mindless fun of snakring about a tv dance show doesn't turn into a political discussion each week. Those tend to get repetitive pretty quickly to me, but snarking on costumes and dancing never grows old.
    the political linkage is getting real old. this is an individual that voluntarily went on the show. she isn't participating in the campaign for a parent. she is out there, on her own and fair game for snarking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    This show really depends on its cast, and as much as I'm willing to give them a try, this cast just doesn't have anyone who really grabs me. But if they had someone I really liked (I'm a sucker for Olympic athletes) or someone with a lot of charisma, I'd be much more involved again.
    In lesser seasons, I always wait for someone to "grab" me so that I'll have someone to root for.
    Perhaps, Jennifer Grey will be "the one".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    After all, she's on the show because of her mother.

Yes she is. And her mother was mentioned numerous times on the show itself last night. And the fact that it was said that 3 months ago she was a receptionist and now she's on Dancing with the *Stars* begs snarking about her mother and her mother's influence.

It's all about her mother, to pretend otherwise and hoping that the snarks don't involve her mother is unreasonable imo.

I don't care about it personally one way or another. Nor, do I care about her mother either. I'm not American, Sarah Palin doesn't mean any more to me than seeing some stupid quotes from her on different comedy shows. (And one weird interview snip with Katie Couric)

But it's obvious the show booked Bristol hoping for the constant talk that comes with who her mother is. It's fair that people give them what they want.

Even though it will bore me as much as it does GK.

vCash
    Well, it wasn't the suck-a-thon that I'd expected--but definitely a long way to go for many of the contestants. I have no clue who Disneyboy is, but he's teetering on the edge of charming/obnoxious and I'm hoping charming wins out. I also hope he loses some weight training cuz he's wayyyyyyyy too young to look like that.

Tonight should be interesting.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast