Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    At least we should be spared the Derek/Partner romance this season. At least I would hope so!
    Derek has dated an older partner before (Shannon Elizabeth), so it could still happen
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Derek has dated an older partner before (Shannon Elizabeth), so it could still happen
    According to Wiki, Grey is married with a young child, FWIW.

Also according Wiki, Corky Ballas will be 50 this year. If he is insisting on comedic routines for Florence, I hope she has the power to nix it.

ETA: Oh, Jennifer Grey is married to the actor Clark Gregg, a familiar face.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Gregg
    Last edited by soxxy; 09-27-2010 at 06:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Also according Wiki, Corky Ballas will be 50 this year. If he is insisting on comedic routines for Florence, I hope she has the power to nix it.
    Whoa. I had him pegged for at least 60. The spray tan and weird haircut do his face no favors.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Whoa. I had him pegged for at least 60. The spray tan and weird haircut do his face no favors.
    ROFL! I don't know why this struck me as so funny. I think the silly faces he makes don't help either.

In other news, seeing I'm here, The Situation promises no "drama" with either Bristol or his partner, Karina:

The tanned reality star tells ET fuhgeddaboutit! Those rumors simply come with the territory, he says, explaining that he rarely sees Bristol, so there's nothing going on between them, and Karina already has a man in her life -- a situation he definitely respects.
    http://www.etonline.com/tv/101199_Th...omance_Rumors/

Thank you, Mike.

vCash
    Whoa. I had him [Corky] pegged for at least 60. The spray tan and weird haircut do his face no favors.
    And botox? His face has this weird old/young look to it.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I've never watched an entire episode of Jersey Shore. Have only seen bits and pieces of it, and what I've seen looked pretty trashy, so I didn't bother with it (even though I love reality TV).

So I'm wondering if I'm the only one here who's cutting The Situation some slack...that maybe what he does on that show is like performance art and on a classier show like DWTS, maybe he'll be a decent guy? He was respectful towards the judges when they critiqued him and his partner seems to like him.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I don't watch TJS either. I've seen 10 minutes of footage of the show once on the mtv site and that was it. I've seen The Sit and Snookie on various talk shows, and I honestly haven't seen anything from them that would make me dislike them. Now if I watch TJS religiously then I might have some strong opinions about the cast, but viewers need to realize that everything is pimped up for the purpose of TV; No one would watch if everyone on the show is a well-behaved bore, lol. TJS is a "reality" TV show, but it's not reality.

The Sit will have to dance better this week though considering that he'll have the entire week to rehearse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I've never watched an entire episode of Jersey Shore. Have only seen bits and pieces of it, and what I've seen looked pretty trashy, so I didn't bother with it (even though I love reality TV).

So I'm wondering if I'm the only one here who's cutting The Situation some slack...that maybe what he does on that show is like performance art and on a classier show like DWTS, maybe he'll be a decent guy? He was respectful towards the judges when they critiqued him and his partner seems to like him.
    He seems to have a good attitude about the show, and he had showmanship in his dance although it was in no technik. I didn't fully understand his explanation about lack of practice time, but now that he can devote his full attention to the competition, I think he has potential.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I knew he wasn't ancient, because he was the "younger man" back when Shirley dumped her ex-partner/husband for him, but he is certainly playing up the retriee thing. Ye gods, Corky, you're old for competitive Latin, not for DWTS! (He is way too old to really be competing in the real world, but then so's Louis and he manages not to look desperate...)

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122