Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Dancing with the Stars Week 1 (9/20 & 9/21)

I didn't realize it starts TONIGHT! For some reason I had it in my mind that it was next week. But wheeeeeeee!

vCash
    On paper the casting sucks this season, but I hope they surprise us tonight.

I think this season is Mak best chance to take home his first trophy, but he needs to stop making the choreography and dancing all about him. From what I've seen of rehearsals, I think Brandy will be good.

I want to see if The Situation will be craptacular or if there's any hint of potential there . I also want to see how Audrina will move on the dance floor.

I think Kurt Warner will try very hard but just won't have the natural grace to pull of the dances.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I think Kurt Warner will try very hard but just won't have the natural grace to pull of the dances.
    There are quarterbacks who move fluidly and fast. Warner isn't one of them, he's good in other ways. But he's a great underdog story since he was a nobody in college and ended up q'backing in the NFL out of nowhere.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Here's a quick team recap just to get us ready for tonight!

Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani
    Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas
    David Hasselhoff & Kym Johnson
    Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas
    Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough
    Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya
    Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer
    Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel
    Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower
    Mike Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff
    Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    TMZ has a total spoiler of the songs everyone is doing for their Cha Cha or Viennese Waltz.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I don't really expect her to be good, but go Florence
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Ooooooo, wouldn't a final between Maks and Karina (and their partners) be fun. Of course, they're probably over all their relationship baggage and might not try to kill each other. But, we could hope.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Evan tweeted that he'll be there to cheer on his friends.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Thanks for the reminder! I have no idea who I'm going to like this season. I guess maybe I'll be a little objective for a change.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Soooo, this season is 10 potential trainwrecks plus Brandy and Baby?

Looking like an all-girl Final 3, unless Fox, Warner or the Situation can pull Mr. Charming votes en masse.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    USA Today has pictures and litlte interviews with each of the celebs. Click on the picture to advance to the next celeb.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Since I want a Karina vs Maks final, I'll have to divide all my votes between Brandy and Mr. Jersyshorewhatshisname. I'm good to go.

I'm so glad I have two DVRs as there are at least 3 programs to record while I'm watching DWTS. (I wouldn't ever watch it after the fact.)
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I'm on the Jennifer Grey train. And she lucked out with Derek. Has the guy ever gotten a bad partner? Favoritism on the part of the producers?

I saw a thing with Tony where he said he's very happy with Audrina this season - that he's pleased he got someone with some rhythm, so who knows?!

vCash
    How bad is it that I don't recognize half the celebrities (or at the most vaguely remember hearing the name)? I did know nearly all the cast for last season besides Evan...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I'm on the Jennifer Grey train. And she lucked out with Derek. Has the guy ever gotten a bad partner? Favoritism on the part of the producers?
    Derek has never gotten a turkey, that's for sure. But Brooke Burke was so overrated as a dancer that it wasn't even funny, and Ms. "I'm not like other people" from last season was annoying,

I don't think the audience will let him win again. They want someone new to win, and I think the producers also. Although I don't see why Derek can't get a Bristol Palin instead of Mark.

vCash
    Although I don't see why Derek can't get a Bristol Palin instead of Mark.

I think it's probably because Mark is the better teacher.

vCash
    On paper the casting sucks this season, but I hope they surprise us tonight.
    I try not to have too much of an opinion before the show starts. In the past I was pleasantly surprised by people I wasn't really expecting to like. Never thought Kelly Osbourne would be a favorite. Jerry Springer was more charming than anticipated and while you may hate Tom Delay's politics (and of course he couldn't dance) he at least showed up with a good attitude and tried to do the moves and appeared to enjoy himself. Unlike some other contestants who shall remain nameless
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Here's my breakdown with expectations:
    Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani - NO clue, never heard of her
    Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Experienced dancer meets drill sergeant. If the chemistry is there, they could be fantastic.
    Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Per Mark's twitter, this should be a train wreck. Unfortunately, we're stuck with her for a few weeks.
    David Hasselhoff & Kym Johnson - Entertainer meets pro who knows how to showcase an entertainer.
    Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas - Can be great if Corky can keep his mugging under control.
    Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - All depends on how flexible her back is. I expect her to be able to do all the steps... extension will be crucial.
    Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya - Could be decent. At least he knows how to be coached and she's no shrinking violet.
    Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Another never heard of.
    Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel - This should be interesting. If she takes it seriously, she could be very good.
    Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Expecting a trainwreck. He seems pretty stiff.
    Mike Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff - I think The Situation can move. Don't expect him to be able to keep a frame.
    Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Rick should be able to move more easily than Kurt. Depends on how Cheryl handles the height difference.

First out... Bolton
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Tranquillo
    vCash
    In the USA Today clips I linked above, Bristol says the cha cha is supposed to be sexy and that she "doesn't have a sexy bone in my body

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Per Mark's twitter, this should be a train wreck. Unfortunately, we're stuck with her for a few weeks.
    When was that? I was just looking at Mark's Twitter and didn't see anything like that.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast