Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash

Trixi was ahead of her time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post

Trixi was ahead of her time!
    Yeah, if she skated today, we'd call her "Ambien".

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    It appears that she was more of a Toe jumper than an Edge jumper as it appears her 2S was the most tentative in comparison to her other jumps, the 2T and 2F.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 09-20-2010 at 03:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Erm it's not a wig it's a feathered head dress. Isn't that kind of obvious?
    It actually took me a minute to figure that out. The dark feathers against the dark background made it hard to tell exactly what it was.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    What I disliked the most about Trixie's skating from the few clips I've seen in the past was her spins, particularly her camel. I never understood why someone of her pedigree and who's obviously a very hard worker (You don't become one of the greatest compulsory figures skater of all time without so much work) wouldn't spend some time on her flying spins and her camel and sit spins. So it's such a pleasant surprise that her camel spin is that much better in 74. And so much more personality too!

Maybe getting to be so good in figures really a lot of time, and once she stopped training them she had time to improve the rest of her skating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post

Maybe getting to be so good in figures really a lot of time, and once she stopped training them she had time to improve the rest of her skating
    Figures ain't easy! Trixie was unbelievable in that portion. Even Toller Cranston said she was UNDERMARKED in figures.

vCash
    The feather headdress (not a wig) was pretty routine for show skating back then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Figures ain't easy! Trixie was unbelievable in that portion. Even Toller Cranston said she was UNDERMARKED in figures.
    Well in her amateur days she was overmarked in free skating so it probably balanced out. Although her placings in free skating werent too far off, the scoring (very important until cummulative scoring) was just ridiculously high for the field back then. And so many judges tieing so many skaters in free skating programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Well in her amateur days she was overmarked in free skating so it probably balanced out.
    I know. She got a 5.7 for technical merit in the World utube clip. The hardest jump she did in that program was a 2lutz. I'm sure skaters ranked below her were doing 2Axels.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    But she did three 2Lz's in the clip in floskate's first post.

I thought she had very nice glide in '72, but by '74, she was bending her knees a lot more.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I know. She got a 5.7 for technical merit in the World utube clip. The hardest jump she did in that program was a 2lutz. I'm sure skaters ranked below her were doing 2Axels.
    The clip is from the 1972 Europeans not Worlds. You'd be surprised at how few women in Europe at that time could do a clean double axel. Lots were attempted but most, if landed at all were very cheated so Schuba's jump content was pretty comparable with the rest with the exceptions being Morgenstern, Errath and Almassy who all had double axels. Morgenstern also had a triple sal and won the LP at this competition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12