Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise: the Movie

vCash
    I got my ticket tonight - Very excited!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I'm always interested to see who's listed (acknowledged) in the end credits of films -- from the RISE web site: http://www.rise1961.com/about-the-film/credits/

Lookalike Wishes to Thank:

Roberto Angolini
    Tenley Albright
    The Atlanta Figure Skating Club
    Charles Basile
    Beth Bernhardt
    Brian Boitano
    The Broadmoor Hotel
    Dick Button
    Frank Carroll
    Howard Chilton
    Gary Clark
    The Danbury Ice Arena
    Meryl Davis
    Carol Ann Peters Duncan
    Marilyn Meeker Durham
    Peggy Fleming
    Rod Gay
    Doug Geldmacher
    Paul George
    Kate the Great
    Dorothy Hamill
    Scott Hamilton
    Eileen Seigh Honnen
    Hayes Alan Jenkins
    Carol Heiss Jenkins
    David Jenkins
    Christy Haigler Krall
    Michelle Kwan
    Ron Ludington
    Evan Lysacek
    Bob McIntyre
    Metropolis Studios
    Christine Moceri
    Glenn Morris
    Sheryl Ryan Nolan
    Diane Y. Robins
    Kevin Ryan
    Michael Ryan
    Patrick Ryan
    Sheryl Ryan
    Terri Ryan
    Matej Silecky
    Sportorama
    Elizabeth Swallow
    Jerod Swallow
    Matthew Thelen
    RoseAnne Ryan Wager
    Charlie White
    Barbara Roles Williams
    Tim Wood
    Benjamin Wright
    Sim Yoeman
    The Skating Club of Boston
    The Skating Club of Detroit
    The University of Delaware
    Vinson Owen School
    Winchester Town Hall

I didn't even know there was a school named for Vinson Owen. Were is it? How is it connected to the skater? I love to read the endings too. BTW. the photos didn't download. All I get is a blank black screen with an ad on it. Who is Kate the Great from the list btw? Say,btw. I noticed that all the Owen kids were given the same first name (Maribel). Does anyone know if we were left with any history on how Mrs. Owen decided on naming her kids? I mean...it would be confusing with the same first name. LOL.

vCash
    Say,does anyone have a list of the theaters in the Hartford Area it was released to? I usually go to Lowes Theater in Plainvile or somewere else close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Say,does anyone have a list of the theaters in the Hartford Area it was released to? I usually go to Lowes Theater in Plainvile or somewere else close.
    If you enter your postal code on this site it will tell you where the closest theatres to you are.
    http://www.rise1961.com/about-the-live-event/
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I didn't even know there was a school named for Vinson Owen. Were is it? How is it connected to the skater?
    The Vinson-Owen Elementary school is in Winchester, Massachusetts and was named in honor of Maribel Vinson-Owen and her two skating daughters, Maribel, Jr. and Laurence, who all died in the 1961 plane crash -- you can read more about them in this 2009 article: http://www.wickedlocal.com/wincheste...-school-s-name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    If you enter your postal code on this site it will tell you where the closest theatres to you are.
    http://www.rise1961.com/about-the-live-event/
    Thank you!!

"RISE" will be showing at a theatre just a few blocks down from my house! This tragic event has been in my heart since I first heard of it as a kid. I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn a bit more about the skaters, and coaches (and their loved ones) who lost their lives so long ago.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I'm going to have to drive ~55 miles each way to see it, but it will be worth it.

vCash
    Is it going to be showing in Connecticut hee in the states?

vCash
    Is it going to be showing in Connecticut hee in the states?
    Did you enter your zip code at the link provided above?

Here are 2 in CT:

Buckland Hills 18 IMAX
    99 REDSTONE RD
    MANCHESTER, CT 06042

Branford 12
    325 E MAIN ST
    BRANFORD, CT 06405
    203-481-4069

vCash
    Thanks. BTW, does anyone know if it's a sellected theater movie? Or a movie that will be coming to a theater near you,and I just have to wait for my theaters to pick it up? Because I know Lowes in Plainville,CT. has about 20 theaters. Some movies are even played in 2 theaters. With some as 3-D. Can anyone please tell me if it might be coming there?

vCash
    Thanks. BTW, does anyone know if it's a sellected theater movie? Or a movie that will be coming to a theater near you,and I just have to wait for my theaters to pick it up? Because I know Lowes in Plainville,CT. has about 20 theaters. Some movies are even played in 2 theaters. With some as 3-D. Can anyone please tell me if it might be coming there?
    Hi Dana - it doesn't look like it's coming to the Lowes in Plainville - sorry!

vCash
    I've been googling like crazy trying to find out whatever I can about that tragic team. According to Find A Grave it seems one team member's final resting place-that of late ice dancer Dallas Larry Pierce is unknown.
    http://www.findagrave.com/php/famous...tf=233&page=pr
    That is so sad! He was from Indianapolis-perhaps someone from his hometown knows. I also found a poignant remembrance from an (alleged) former schoolmate of Laurence Owen. He calls himself metalluk and claims he dated her briefly and wrote down his recollections about her-it seems authentic:

http://www.epinions.com/review/Froze...t_320270798468

The "Indelible Tracings" site also has a little more especially on the family members that were killed-including two little boys.
    http://indelibletracings.com/index.html

I am truly hoping the film provides more insight into these now legendary figures.

vCash
    Yes, it is only in select theatres and only on Thursday, February 17th. I believe there is talk of it possibly being released on DVD at a later date, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

vCash
    Can anyone please give me a list of towns/cities in Connecticut that it's playing? Or will be playing? Thanks.

vCash
    Can anyone please give me a list of towns/cities in Connecticut that it's playing? Or will be playing? Thanks.
    Well, Sylvia posted this:

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Did you enter your zip code at the link provided above?

Here are 2 in CT:

Buckland Hills 18 IMAX
    99 REDSTONE RD
    MANCHESTER, CT 06042

Branford 12
    325 E MAIN ST
    BRANFORD, CT 06405
    203-481-4069

vCash
    In my latest issue of "Skating" magazine, there was an obituary for RoseAnne Paquette (Ryan) Wager. She was the widow of Daniel Ryan (one of the coaches that was killed in the crash). It said she was interviewed for and will appear in "Rise". She passed away in November, age 75.

And FSWer, Maribel Vinson Owen did not name both her daughters "Maribel". The older daughter was Maribel Yerxa Owen which was her mother's name (Maribel Sr changed her middle name when she married), and her younger daughter was Laurence Rochon Owen, her first name from her paternal grandmother and her middle name after her father's middle name.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    In my latest issue of "Skating" magazine, there was an obituary for RoseAnne Paquette (Ryan) Wager. She was the widow of Daniel Ryan (one of the coaches that was killed in the crash). It said she was interviewed for and will appear in "Rise". She passed away in November, age 75.
    Thanks for sharing this news. For those who may have missed it, I had posted this 2009 article link earlier in the thread about Coach Sherry Ryan Nolan, the daughter of Daniel and RoseAnne Paquette Ryan, and her skating son, Ryan Christopher Nolan (update: he's now in college and no longer competing in pairs): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

FSwer, those may be the only 2 movie theaters in CT (Manchester and Branford) showing RISE.
    BTW. the photos didn't download. All I get is a blank black screen with an ad on it. Who is Kate the Great from the list btw? .
    If you mean the Icenetwork photo gallery, your computer probably needs something installed (Flash?) in order to view any of their photos.

I also wonder who the "Kate the Great" listed in the film credits is - anyone happen to know?
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-18-2011 at 03:35 PM.

vCash
    For anyone who hasn't seen/read them, the articles about the team - and the accident - on the History page of the "Frogs on Ice" website are an invaluable resource:

http://www.frogsonice.com/skateweb/history.shtml

Thank you, dr.frog.

vCash
    I'm planning to go see it in NYC at the premiere event. I know Evan is skating, but is there a list of who will be skating as well?

Unless it's something taped which would really annoy me, based on how it's worded in the ad
    Last edited by oleada; 01-19-2011 at 03:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Unless it's something taped which would really annoy me, based on how it's worded in the ad
    I believe the performances are all recorded. It sounds like Evan (and other skaters) will be there for the show, but will not skate live. Actually, if I understand things correctly, Evan's performance will be taped after the ex at Nats.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast