Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Rise: the Movie

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    Vera's show was 2 days before the premiere, so I think that was no schedule conflict. Plus she was featured in the film.
    Did we watch the same film? I have no recollection at all of Vera being actually in the film itself.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Of for Pete's sake, give it a rest already. Johnny wasn't there. Neither were Sasha, Kimmie, John and Rena, Tanith and Ben, etc. etc. or other US champions. Were they "invited" to participate? Who knows for sure, and the hell with "good authority." None of the skaters I've just mentioned have particular connections to the Memorial Fund, be it themselves or their coaches, including Johnny. If they weren't invited, why should Johnny be invited?

As I noted earlier, Johnny and USFS are not exactly BFFs these days. Both have made less than stellar moves in regard to each other. USFS probably didn't want Johnny at RISE. At the same time, Johnny is busy with Fashion Week and could probably care less about this whole event or anything else important to USFS at this point. They are each doing their own thing, and good for them.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Of for Pete's sake, give it a rest already. Johnny wasn't there. Neither were Sasha, Kimmie, John and Rena, Tanith and Ben, etc. etc. or other US champions. Were they "invited" to participate? Who knows for sure, and the hell with "good authority." None of the skaters I've just mentioned have particular connections to the Memorial Fund, be it themselves or their coaches, including Johnny. If they weren't invited, why should Johnny be invited?

As I noted earlier, Johnny and USFS are not exactly BFFs these days. Both have made less than stellar moves in regard to each other. USFS probably didn't want Johnny at RISE. At the same time, Johnny is busy with Fashion Week and could probably care less about this whole event or anything else important to USFS at this point. They are each doing their own thing, and good for them.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Yazmeen again."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    I expected our theater to be on the list since the show was apparently sold out last night. I guess the chosen encore sites weren't based on demand.

Our theater's encore showing tickets cost $12.50 on Fandango, down from $15 for the live show. That's good, but I wonder why theaters had different prices for the first showing? Were there presales or discounts?
    I don't know. Perhaps it's based partly on where one lives? Kind of like gas prices which seem to vary quite a bit depending on location in the U.S.

Here, adult tickets for evening shows in general are $9.00, a little more for the 3D films. Matinees are $5.00.

vCash

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks for sharing the awesome pic, Angela-Fan.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Great photo of them both, Angela-fan. I think I'd have to give then both max points for looking great but (and for the first time I can remember) Tara may gets slightly higher COE points for a more spirited contribution - her dress is really adorable.
    Last edited by Willowway; 02-21-2011 at 12:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Fan View Post
    Who are you with in the photo? Who's Michelle? BTW. how do I search for photos on that site?

vCash
    FSWer, Tara Lipinski posted that photo of herself and Michelle Kwan at the Feb. 17th RISE premiere in New York City.

You can see more of her photos here: http://twitpic.com/photos/Tara_Lipinski

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela-Fan View Post
    They both look really good, IMO.

vCash
    WOW!!!!! Tara AND Michelle at Rise!!!! Did anyone here get to meet and talk to her? Do we have an update on howthere both doing? BTW. can anyone tell me how to search out photos on Twitter?

Demon Barber
    vCash
    Well for those who didn't get to see the original live simulcast, on the bright side the encore is the price of a regular ticket ($12.50 in NYC) vs $15 or $20 for a special event as it was on the 17th.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Anyone going tonight?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Poor Johnny

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If he had shown up everyone would have been up in arms about how self serving he is and he is just out to get his picture taken or so his fans can get their book signed. But since he stayed away (since he really had nothing to do with the film anyway) he getting flack for that too.

Thank God he was just a kid when The Cutting Edge premiered or some folks would have expected him on the red carpet!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920