Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise: the Movie

vCash
    Tara, Sarah, and Evan are ringing the NYSE closing bell today. It can be watched live online.

Since it's to promote the film, I put it here, but maybe it needs its own thread? I can start one if needed.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Tara, Sarah, and Evan are ringing the NYSE closing bell today. It can be watched live online.

Since it's to promote the film, I put it here, but maybe it needs its own thread? I can start one if needed.
    I thought that they were ringing the bell because Johnny bought a new apartment!

(Sorry...just a moment of levity!)
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 02-15-2011 at 04:10 PM.

vCash
    In addition to the video segment, the ESPN OTL section also has a very good feature article about the 1961 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    In addition to the video segment, the ESPN OTL section also has a very good feature article about the 1961 team.
    That article is one of the best I've ever read.

vCash
    Only two days to go! I am soooo looking forward to this amazing film. The Bushman books have 'pumped me' even more. Ballston Commons (DC area) for me and hubby. I hope we have a full house!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Awesome article. Thank you.

I got as far as the poignant piece on Dudley Richards-what a sweet man it seems he was-and the lump formed in the throat even before I got to the dreadful part on how Dudley's friend identified his body.

I could read no further after that for a while then I went on.

I don't know how I'm going to get through it now but I am still looking forward to seeing RISE. I asked my boss to switch my days off (frowned upon in my line of work) but she approved it. I felt this film and all that it represents is that important. And I wanted my twin 15 year old nephews to see it with me too.

They'll be their proud auntie's date for the screening.

vCash
    Just one mo' day!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Local Massachusetts article about Bradley Lord and the Indelible Tracings and Indelible Images books: http://www.wickedlocal.com/swampscot...ill-fated-team

Indianapolis Star article about their 2 local skaters who died: Danny Ryan, 32, and ice dancer Larry Pierce (includes a mention of Marilyn Meeker at the end): http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...l|text|Fever|p

Sarah Hughes' blog about her exciting day on Wall Street yesterday: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Photo gallery (Hughes, Lysacek, Lipinski): http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...f16643570.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-16-2011 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Due to a last minute cancellation, I have one extra PROMENADE level ticket for the Live Premiere in NYC. If anyone is interested, PM me.

vCash
    Does anyone know the running time of RISE?
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    Does anyone know the running time of RISE?
    I think someone estimated 75 minutes, but I don't think that includes the live performances that were filmed in Greensboro. That would add some time to the run time.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I think someone estimated 75 minutes, but I don't think that includes the live performances that were filmed in Greensboro. That would add some time to the run time.
    When I purchased my ticket, the movie theater website said the movie is 120 minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I dont think that counts the 30 minute pre-show either, which brings up my question:

the "Event" starts at 8:00 pm (ET), and the live NY stuff/pre-show starts at 7:30... what time do most of ya'll plan to get to your theaters? Is getting there at 7:00 early enough (30 minutes before pre-show)?
    Erm.... I got nothin'

vCash
    BTW. if it gos to DVD. I surely hope they get smart and do 2 things...1 = Don't just put it on Blue Ray. 2 = Since it's about Skating History...no editing from it's origal Theateral content (sorry if I spelled those words wrong).

vCash
    I'm confused, my movie ticket here in Denver says it starts at 6 pm. Is there going to be a pre-show also shown to people not in NY? My friends and I were only planning on getting there about 20 minutes before 6. Thanks if anyone knows for sure.

vCash
    My husband and I plan to get there around a half hour beforehand (7:30 EST) for any preshow events based on what we've read here and heard about from Nationals. If our theater isn't ready at that time, we'll just go and have a glass of wine at the restaurant next door!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnskater View Post
    I'm confused, my movie ticket here in Denver says it starts at 6 pm. Is there going to be a pre-show also shown to people not in NY? My friends and I were only planning on getting there about 20 minutes before 6. Thanks if anyone knows for sure.
    Per the Fathom Events page:

The event will be broadcast live from the Best Buy Theater in New York City’s Times Square to over 500 movie theaters nationwide on Thursday, Feb. 17, 2011, at 8:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. CT/6:00 p.m. MT/8:00 p.m. PT (tape delayed). (Pre-show features will begin 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.)
    I'm treating it as if it starts at 7:30 (ET), but I'm still not sure how early to get there. I think 7:00 will be ok... I just dont want to get stuck in the front row or something.
    Erm.... I got nothin'

vCash
    I asked the USFSA directly about the times for the remote viewers. The response I received was:

7:30pm Pre-show (Slide show and some introductory speaker(s))
    8:00pm Movie begins
    9:15-ish Live Post-show (probably a "thank you for coming and donate to the Fund" with the Nationals skating special)
    9:45pm End of Event

I plan to arrive at the theater around 7-7:15pm so I can meet someone.

Sorry, forgot to mention - all times are Eastern
    Last edited by FigureSpins; 02-17-2011 at 06:14 PM.

vCash
    Strange... my ticket hasn't arrived yet for the live event...

vCash
    I'm in the Denver area, and I'm also confused. My ticket says 6PM -- are they really expecting that we'll know to show up at 5:30? Why wouldn't they have called it for 5:30 if that was the case. I'm supposed to be having dinner with a friend before the show, and this rather thoroughly bolloxes that. Even if I get to the theater at 5:30, it is going to be annoying as all get out to have others arriving in the midst of a slide show and trying to get to seats while those already there are trying to see the slide show.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast